Dec. Trip Question

Wannabe Walt

As some of you already know, My cousin and I are planning a trip for this winter. We have changed the dates from Nov 30 to Dec 3, to Dec 1 to Dec 4. This way, I only miss 2 days of school,and she only misses 2 days of work! I have priced it direct from Disney and the prices aren't bad at all. However, I priced it in a different way tonight. We get the Lodging (Caribbean Beach) and Airplane Tickets from Expedia.com and buy the Park Hoppers from Disney. Heres an outline:

Expedia
Airfare: information below
Resort: Caribbean Beach, standard view
Total price: 779.20
Price per Person: $389.60

Airfare info:
7:30 am Depart St. Louis (STL)
Arrive Orlando (MCO) 10:43 am Thu 1-Dec
Duration: 2hr 13mn
American Airlines 1098 Nonstop flight

4:45 pm Depart Orlando (MCO)
Arrive St. Louis (STL) 6:09 pm Sun 4-Dec
Duration: 2hr 24mn
American Airlines 483 Nonstop flight

Disney
$440 for 4-day park hoppers

Total Price: $1,219.20
Price Per Person: $609.60

Does anyone know if there would be problems in doing this? Thanks! :D

wannabeBelle

Hi there, So far everything looks like there wouldn't be off in price. Right now there are no discounts available for thoise times but my understanding of Expedia is that if you want to change any aspect of your trip there are severe penalties for doing so. Also look into any charges or fees for booking. I know Pam, the travel sponsor for these boards doesnt charge a fee for booking or a change to a previously booked package. Belle

Upvote 0

Wannabe Walt

Original Poster
wannabeBelle said:
I know Pam, the travel sponsor for these boards doesnt charge a fee for booking or a change to a previously booked package. Belle

Thanks..I've checked with Pam already. She was actually more expensive than direct from Disney.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

That is odd, but OK!!! Definitely go with Expedia if that is what you are comfortable with!!!!! As I said I had read on Mousesavers.com that Expedia has some pretty strict restrictions, but if you can live with that go for it!!!!!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

swimmom

This December we are taking a long weekend so that my dauther only misses two days of school. It's a not easy to make up high school science classes when you miss labs. We always take the earliest morning flight out that we can, but since this trip will only be a long weekend, we decided that we would rather pay an extra night of lodging by leaving home in the evening and being able to start our morning at a park rather than the airport. With your flight arriving at 10:43 a.m., if it's on time, and after claiming your luggage, you'll probably get to CBR around noon and not see a park too much before 1:00 p.m. You might want to price out an evening flight & extra night lodging to see if it would be worth it to you.

Upvote 0

microconn

Go to MVMCP

Hi there,

Just a suggestion, go to MVMCP! We were down there from the 4th-12th last year and had a GREAT TIME! So much so that we are debating if we are going to go for a weekend in October just to catch Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

Regs,

CJM

Upvote 0

ypcat

You might also want to look into buying your tickets directly from AA if you do not want to use a travel agent. I usually price out trips and get flight numbers using expedia, but then buy directly from the carrier. I always get the same price expedia quotes, but avoid having to pay expedia's service fees.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Wannabe Walt said:
Thanks..I've checked with Pam already. She was actually more expensive than direct from Disney.

My prices are definately not higher than Disney's since I price it out with Disney directly and do not have any hidden fees.

I just looked at Expedia and the price is $822.39 for what you are quoting.

And if you actually went through with the pricing for the tickets and hit check out, you would see that it is actually
2 4 Day Magic Your Way Ticket with Park Hopper (Ages 10 and up)
$220.00 $14.30(tax) $234.30(each) $468.60 (total)

If you bought the tickets through me the price would be $450 (including tax)

I also check for any room only discounts that are available. Which either you didn't qualify for a discount or you instead asked for a pkg.

Pam

Upvote 0

Wannabe Walt

Original Poster
Pam, you're right. It showed the price I gave above when I checked it on Monday. Now it is showing the price you gave. Hm...that's odd. The airline tickets and the resort price is changing... I like the price it first gave me better :lol: we are trying to save as much money as we can!

I'll price it for All-Star Movies...see what that gives me.

Upvote 0

Wannabe Walt

Original Poster
No...thats because I don't have a sister lol. Its my cousin that is going with me. She, herself, I don't believe has AAA but we (mom, dad, brother, and I) do. But, I believe its under my mom's name, so could my cousin and I still use it? Well, I repriced the trip for All-Star Music (flight, resort, AND park hoppers ALL from Expedia!) I got a total price of $1,103.21, which is $551.61 per person. Pam, if you like, I can email you the exact itinerary that Expedia.com make, and you could check it all and price it your way and see how much cheaper you would be! I would appreciate that. The cheaper, the better! I, currently, have $405 (really I've got like $15 more...once I count my change) so I only need at max. $141.61 to cover flight, room, and park hoppers. Then I will convince my parents to pay for food lol. Pam, please PM me with what you come up with (if you are going to do that). Thanks!

Upvote 0

Wannabe Walt

Original Poster
No problem at all! I've called her my aunt before (because shes like 26 so she could be my aunt lol...but I havn't done that in a while...so I think I'm over it ;) )

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom