Death to Tarzan Rocks

KevinPage

Original Poster
Hearing this news, if true, was music to my ears (pun deliberately intended) :lol:

Can anyone confirm this (wink, wink- Bill) ?

wannabeBelle

I adored this show, but would be interested to know when it would be going down and what if anything they are replacing it with?? Belle

Atta83

Not many people know its there. There is always someone shouting "Tarzan Rocks this way". I am sure with Everst bridge being open and such it will get more attention. I actually like the show and would acutally like to try out for that show.....

imagineersrock

personally, I think the show is alright.. I enjoy the skating tricks.... and thats about it. The one time I actually have seen this show, the singing wasn't really all that great and that was kind of a turn off, It's great music, it just wasn't done justice by some of the performers.

anyway, like I said, I think the show is alright.. I'm just kind of thrown-off by it's location.. tarzan... in dino-land..? I don't know.. Also, I can see why people walk away dissapointed. I'll admit I too expected a show about Tarzan, and rather got a rock concert with people singing music from Tarzan. I personally did't really mind, but others in my party were actually dissapointed.

The show's not terrible.. though it's far from being great as well.
Now that I think about it.. FOTLK also has little to do with the story of the Lion King movie, however, for some reason it works here -I've never met anyone dissapointed by this show. When with tarzan rocks, well, thats a different story...

I wonder why one works and one doesn't.. hmm....:confused:

Hank Scorpio

I really enjoyed the show too. It took me by suprise.

And has anyone noticed how the people who hate the show and think its dreadful havent actually explained why?

MouseMadness

To Hank and Barnum, I didn't care for the show, myself. But then again, I don't like shows in general, so I may have gone in biased. However, I still clapped because that would've been rude to just sit there with my arms crossed over my chest the whole time while these performers were up there working their tails off! It was ok for once, but I never had a desire to go back and see it again. Perhaps I'm not the only one? and that's the problem? :veryconfu

wannabeBelle

I am willing to accept the different strokes for different folks theory on this one. If others dont like it, that is OK by me, not a problem and no explanations needed. Maybe we can go to Pleasure Island, Grab a frosty alcoholic beverage and discuss it at some point ;) ;) Belle

Dwarful

We didn't take the time to see this show the last trip, but we did see it the trip before. Honestly, for us, it was a take it or leave it show. We did see a good performance, but it wasn't a show that just captured our hearts and made us feel like we had to see it repeatedly. For us it all came down to "time well spent". For our family it just isn't a repeat show, we would rather be riding the rides or watching Its Tough To Be A Bug. Its really a matter of choice, we don't have anything "against" Tarzan, it just doesn't grab us.

KevinPage

Original Poster
Originally posted by Hank Scorpio
I really enjoyed the show too. It took me by suprise.

And has anyone noticed how the people who hate the show and think its dreadful havent actually explained why?

Ok, here is what I don't like:

1 - the music
2 - the way the music is presented
3 - the set pieces, just boring and nothing special
4 - the costumes and look of the whole Tarzan thing

This is not to say that the performers are not talented though. I dislike Tarzan in general. So to hear someone singing about Tarzan and seeing roller blading is completely boring to me. Nor do I think the theme fits into the area it is located

Most importantly it doesn't have that specials FUN or WONDER or FEEL of a Disney show.

FotLK is a good show, not something I love or see all the time, but the subject matter is faaaar superior.

I'm glas they never rethemed the Swiss Family treehouse to Tarzan, like they did in Disneyland as well.

Originally posted by KevinPage
Ok, here is what I don't like:

1 - the music
2 - the way the music is presented
3 - the set pieces, just boring and nothing special
4 - the costumes and look of the whole Tarzan thing

Kevin, I agree with you 100%.

The music and singing were not very good.

The set looks like it was just thrown there to get something up.

Did anybody ever see the Jungle Book Story show that was there prior to Tarzan? I'd like to know how that compared to Tarzan

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom