Deadly Virus at WDW???

suzynstitch

hey, not to sound too mean or anything...but now that we are all informed, let's sorta not talk about it anymore. it doesn't do any good to discuss it and think of us cast members who have to work everyday. i can't speak for others but i know that i would rather not hear any more about it unless it's more unknown info or a cure. it's good to be informed but some of these posts are depressing and scary. just take the proper precautions and let the subject drift away. maybe i am just a hypochondriac, but hearing more about the deaths and all doesn't make me feel at ease when i am taking hundreds upon hundreds of fastpass tickets from strangers! just a thought. while it's good to be in the know, too much information can become a bit overwhelming and sometimes unneeded.

edie w

OK you aren't listening to ArchiDanDisney. This disease is spread by droplet infection like ordinary flu. Viruses can't get about on their own - they hitch rides in cells, like bacteria, which usually hitch rides on larger particles like water droplets.

Those most at risk from contracting the disease, and also most at risk of dying from it if they do catch it, are the elderly, the very young (babies) and those with impaired immune systems e.g. people who are already ill.

The reason we are seeing such extreme precautions in hospitals is for two reasons. One, hospitals are full of very young, very elderly and very sick people being nursed close together in warm wards. Two, the hospitals need to protect their staff who may be exposed to the disease at close quarters for hours and days at a time.

(Also, warmer weather is a red herring. The reason viral respiratory illnesses decrease during warm weather is that people spend less time in centrally heated rooms, cooped up with other people!)

Go to Orlando, have fun, and keep the risk in perspective. :cool:

Scooter

I heard that drinking 3 cups of Beverly at Ice Station Cool in EPCOT will make you IMMUNE from SARS.
:p

sorry folks...I realize this is no laughing matter.
I was just trying to ease the tension for a moment.
I'll behave.:zipit:

rosie.ca

Originally posted by Scooter
I heard that drinking 3 cups of Beverly at Ice Station Cool in EPCOT will make you IMMUNE from SARS.
:p

sorry folks...I realize this is no laughing matter.
I was just trying to ease the tension for a moment.
I'll behave.:zipit:

you dun have to worry about being immune you'd be dead after drinking 3 cups of that poison... blech :hurl:

Shaman

Original Poster
Originally posted by suzynstitch
hey, not to sound too mean or anything...but now that we are all informed, let's sorta not talk about it anymore. it doesn't do any good to discuss it and think of us cast members who have to work everyday. i can't speak for others but i know that i would rather not hear any more about it unless it's more unknown info or a cure. it's good to be informed but some of these posts are depressing and scary. just take the proper precautions and let the subject drift away. maybe i am just a hypochondriac, but hearing more about the deaths and all doesn't make me feel at ease when i am taking hundreds upon hundreds of fastpass tickets from strangers! just a thought. while it's good to be in the know, too much information can become a bit overwhelming and sometimes unneeded.

you're right....so i'll just bump so those that haven't read the thread could read it...I think alot has already been said as it is.:lookaroun

cuteypatooty78

I'm certainly glad this thread was started. I was gonna start a thread on this subject but now I don't have to. Like everyone else I am also nervous about the spread of this disease. I've already got muscular dystrophy so getting this would be especially dangerous for me. I just have to trust in the Lord to keep me safe. There have been many instances where I should've died and I'm still a kickin'! All we can do is pray a cure is found soon! I'd go to the World and not worry, like its been said you can live through this if you do get it! God Bless everyone! :)

Al

IMO, if it comes to Orlando, then it comes. There is nothing we can do (realistically) to stop it. I dont think it would stop me going. :)

Shaman

Original Poster
Originally posted by cuteypatooty78
I'm certainly glad this thread was started. I was gonna start a thread on this subject but now I don't have to. Like everyone else I am also nervous about the spread of this disease. I've already got muscular dystrophy so getting this would be especially dangerous for me. I just have to trust in the Lord to keep me safe. There have been many instances where I should've died and I'm still a kickin'! All we can do is pray a cure is found soon! I'd go to the World and not worry, like its been said you can live through this if you do get it! God Bless everyone! :)

Some more thoughts... :lookaroun ...The reason I started the thread was to inform everyone, that people over in Orlando were worried. This site being mostly dedicated to WDW, I think it was relevant, especially with all the people going in an out of The World. Good points have been made since I posted it, as each day passes I guess they are one step closer to a cure for this. And although you have a good chance to survive SARS, you should still attempt not to contract it. Nothing should cause people to avoid WDW, no disease, or terrorist, or even the competition:D lol. I doubt anyone here can be kept from WDW, especially when they have a chance to go (I know I would be the first in line, no matter what).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom