Dead body found in employee parking lot

rsoxguy

Original Poster
Back to the present case, the only detail released is that she was 56 years old.

map-body-found-disney-lot-1025_rdax_676x456.jpg

CaptainShortty

I am a walkaround character at Chuck E. Cheese's, and some days I can get in the suit, do my thing, get out, and feel fine. Other days, I can get in the suit for only 20 minutes, get out, and be completely drained... There have been some days where I will be so exhausted by the end of the day, I won't leave until I've sat down and relaxed some...

If in fact she was a character, I personally think it's possible she over-worked herself, just by being a character...

I've heard WDW characters have AC as well as cooling packs, whereas I have none of these... Heat of the day plus heat of the suit and all of the action, it'll wear you out very quick. At least it does me anyways...

Even if you are not hot, you have to consider the amount of activity being done in the suit you have to wear... If you are a full suit wearer anyway. I personally think the princesses and such might be a little lucky, what with short sleeves and such...

The M&G character performers do not have any type of cooling system in their costumes. It is a very common misconception. They work in shifts of either 20 on and 40min. off in the hotter temperatures or 30 min. on 30 min. off during the cooler days. I don't know as far as the parade performers are concerned as far as cooling packs but I would imagine they might as they are in those costumes for sometimes over an hour at a time. (Between loading the floats, traveling to start of parade, doing parade, traveling to end of parade, etc.)

nace888

The M&G character performers do not have any type of cooling system in their costumes. It is a very common misconception. They work in shifts of either 20 on and 40min. off in the hotter temperatures or 30 min. on 30 min. off during the cooler days. I don't know as far as the parade performers are concerned as far as cooling packs but I would imagine they might as they are in those costumes for sometimes over an hour at a time. (Between loading the floats, traveling to start of parade, doing parade, traveling to end of parade, etc.)

My suit time has ranged from 10 minutes to 2 hours at a time. And considering we don't have fans or other cooling methods in the suit, :p it tends to be a bit draining.

R W B

My first job as a teenager was for a small arcade/amusement park called Celebration Station and our "Mascot" was Harry the Hound. Well since I was home schooled for high school I was available during the weekday so I always got the job of dressing up in the costume when ever we would visit schools/day cares. I remember sweating my butt off in that costume here in the New Orleans heat. I only did it once or twice a week for an hour or so at a time but it still wore me out.

Neverland

Correct, from what I understand they have experimented with these in the past, and while the concept is great they just didn't really work that well and in some ways made the problem worse.

I heard that another thing that happened was that the cooling suits made the performers' bodies too cold; so cold that they were uncomfortable. And the suits were only from the head down, so their bodies would be very cold, and their heads would be very hot. I think my body would go into some type of shock.

Character performers have it pretty rough, and it's always bugged me that face gets paid more than fur. Those people deserve some sort of compensation for what their job does to their bodies. I've heard so many horror stories about throwing up, fainting, etc, sometimes inside the costume.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom