DDP Quick Service Question

eddiemcgarrigle

Original Poster
Hello peeps,

A little question regarding the quick service option on the DDP. Can a child order anything from the counter service menus or are they restricted to the very small selection that seems to be on every 'kid's picks' menu?

I don't want my son being restricted to a burger or chicken strips (or, heaven forbid, peanut butter and jelly) every day of our two week holiday.

NewfieFan

It doesn't hurt to ask, though. I have substituted an "adult" offering for a child's meal at a couple CS locations. They will give you a smaller portion if one is available.

Dwarful

We did a two week trip and the kids selections at most of the restaurants are awful. For us it worked out alright, we all took turns eating the kids meals. Plus our oldest daughter had the 'adult' ddp and was able to share w/ her little sister. We all did our part to share...we had the regular ddp and the worst was the TS off menus. The only place she could order a decent meal was at Le Cellier where she could have steak.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
As has been stated they do have to order off of the kids menu but you do have the option of upgrading them to an adult DDP and then they can order anything they want.

eddiemcgarrigle

Original Poster
Sorry, but I refuse to pay full price adult fare for a three year old. The choice for kids in most of the QS places is extremely limited and I can't believe that adults can be offered an extensive array of food in various outlets but the kids are stuck with burgers, chicken or macaroni.

Even in the more exotic places they still seem to wheel out the burgers and chicken for the little ones and I don't see that as fair on them to be faced with the same four or five things every day when the adults get a multitude of choice. Yes, there are places that have one or even two different things on the menus but is it too outlandish to expect that the kids could get the same choices as the adults but in smaller portions?

C'mon Disney, give the kids more choice.

Dwarful

Yes, the food choices for the under 9 crowd is a bit of a joke. It's like wdw assumes children have no taste for anything. I have never done the counter service ddp so I don't know the costs...but I certainly wouldn't pay the difference in the regular ddp to upgrade a 3 yr old to an adult dining plan....you'd be better off feeding them off your plate or adding on items at cost.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Sorry, but I refuse to pay full price adult fare for a three year old. The choice for kids in most of the QS places is extremely limited and I can't believe that adults can be offered an extensive array of food in various outlets but the kids are stuck with burgers, chicken or macaroni.

Even in the more exotic places they still seem to wheel out the burgers and chicken for the little ones and I don't see that as fair on them to be faced with the same four or five things every day when the adults get a multitude of choice. Yes, there are places that have one or even two different things on the menus but is it too outlandish to expect that the kids could get the same choices as the adults but in smaller portions?

C'mon Disney, give the kids more choice.
They go off of demand. While your kids like things on the exotic side 95% of the kids out there don't. Disney designs their menus of the wants of the 95%. But there are places that do offer more exotic kids fare you just have to look a bit. All of the buffets would qualify for this as would nearly every single TS and CS location in Epcot. Also many of the TS places will do a child's portion of adult menu items if you ask.

Dwarful

well, I don't think at a TS (not buffets) asking for a small steak for a child (esp. 6-8 yrs old) is too exotic. I've never been a mom to fix one thing for our children and something else for the adults. I won't make my kids eat anything they don't like...but there are very few things they won't eat. Steak, asparagus and lima beans are my youngest daughter's favorite things to eat, while my oldest prefers fish. No one these things do I really consider exotic.

The only TS we dined at that offered a small steak on the kids menu was Le Cellier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom