DDP: Not worth it for 2010?

durangojim

Due to the increase in the DDP prices for next year, especially the increases during peak season (specifically Less then $47 per adult (ages 10+) $13 per child (age 3-9) per night above the cost of the Magic Your Way Package for travel dates: 2/12/10 – 4/10/10 ; 6/04/10 – 8/14/10 ; 12/17/10 – 12/31/10), has the DDP not become worth the price?

Also does anyone think this means food prices are going up next year too?

sweetpee_1993

What happens if you dont like mayo? Is the DDP still worth it?

I dunno Pumbas. In that case you may be doomed to starve to death. Or live on pretzels, turkey legs, churros, and Dole Whips.

Ooooh...good idea! Anyone ever try a whole trip eating strictly from the snack carts??? Wouldn't that be a fun challenge...and fattening one! I'd blow up like a blimp. :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

worldfanatic

While many find the DDP convenient. For me, it's the opposite.

Sometimes I want the most expensive entree, sometimes the least.
Sometimes I want a soda, sometimes a cocktail, sometimes just water.
Sometimes I want dessert, sometimes not.
Sometimes I want a snack in the parks, sometimes not.

On vacation, I basically like to eat or drink what I want, when I want it. The last thing on earth I want to think about is getting my money's worth out of a plan I've already paid for.

We're all different, and I completely understand people's enjoyment of the Dining plan.

But for me it would never fly.
I would hate feeling I need to order the Surf & Turf with a soda and dessert for value reasons. When all I really want is the Chicken and a bottle of beer. :shrug:

Upvote 0

lovepooh

The reason I love the dinning plan is there are 3 different kinds to serve a lot of different lifestyles. For us It works out to get the regular dinning plan. We would usually bring boxed breakfast and have that in the morning and do a CS for lunch and sit down to a nice dinner. Thats pretty much how we live on a daily basis. I remember my first year in Disney we didnt do the dinning plan and ended up spending about $1000 for a family of 4. So I figure all in all this is a better deal for us. But for people that like a quick and run the QS meal plan seems ideal. Or if you a sit down meal kinda person the deluxe dinning might be for you. But if none of these work for you then you can do it on your own. For me I see this as a great benefit.

JMO:wave:

Upvote 0

VT GAL

Thanks for setting my mind (or what is left of it) straight!!! I don't know why I kept getting hung up in how it worked...I think I am spending too much time with my little one and my brain is turning to goo!!! :p

It seems like I may have some thinking to do...

Thanks again! :wave:

Upvote 0

highland46322

Due to the increase in the DDP prices for next year, especially the increases during peak season (specifically Less then $47 per adult (ages 10+) $13 per child (age 3-9) per night above the cost of the Magic Your Way Package for travel dates: 2/12/10 – 4/10/10 ; 6/04/10 – 8/14/10 ; 12/17/10 – 12/31/10), has the DDP not become worth the price?

Also does anyone think this means food prices are going up next year too?
If you add up what the meals and snacks would have been, for a family of 4 you probably save $200 for a family of 4. We did. We have used it the past 4 trips.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

but any room discount is likely to save you more than what you'll save on food with DDP.

AMEN to that. Room discounts are usually much deeper a discount than tacking on a free dining plan for us at the Deluxe Resorts. I agree that the free dining plan seems to bring people offsite, onsite. Generally room only and AP codes save us way more money. Not generally, but always.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom