DC's PotC and WDW's PotC

1stStarIC2nite

Original Poster
..Ok, last night I was watching some bonus features on my PotC DVD (Btw, I got 3 of them so far and I feel like someone else is getting me more... ugh!) and the had a extra feature that explored Disneyland California's PotC. They had an almost complete ride through, and it looks awesome! I was a little upset thought because it looks way better and much much longer than the WDW version... It also has two drops instead of one and it goes up a lift hill at the end..... Im real jealous... but anyway, which do you think/know is better? Disneyland's or Disney World's?

Lee

Adventurer
Disneyland's Pirates is far superior.
It is twice as long, tells a better story, and in my opinion is better located inside the park.

I would trade it for WDW's any day.

Shaman

DL's version is alot better than WDW's version...DL's is longer and does a better job of giving you the "I don't think we're in the park anymore" feeling....DL's PotC is by far one of the best attractions at DL....but I can live WDW's version...

:hammer:

NemoRocks78

Seized
DL's PotC is the best out of any PotC, it's a lot longer and more detailed then what we've got. I also like the fact that it's in New Orleans Square, and not Adventureland.

imagineer boy

DL's is definately the best POTC. One of my favorite things about DL's POTC is the gun effect. Its where smoke and light comes out of the Pirate's gun instead of stupidly lighing up at the end like WDW's. In the extra feature showing the part right before guests go up the water fall, there is no explosion, that was just added in the Wonderful World of color to wow guests watching it more.

Imagine20

There's no doubt in my mind- Disneyland's PotC is much much better! Not that WDW's isn't good, because of course its still one of my faves, but theres really no comparison. The one in Disneyland, besides being the original, has just a better feel. The restaurant at the beginning is also a nice touch to put everyone in the mood and it makes PotC ( in cali) more of an experience than just another ride as it seems in florida. PotC in California also gets a much bigger crowd, or so it seems, than the one in Florida. When I was in Disneyland this summer, we waited about 30 minutes for the ride ( of course it has a much more interesting cue since its outside and next to the restaurant). You would never have this wait in Florida (or any wait at all). Of course, this could be because of the movie :p

DisneyJill

When the MK at WDW opened, PotC wasn't built and people got upset and complained, so they put it up rather quickly and cheaply, resulting in a much shorter ride than what is at DL. :(

1stStarIC2nite

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyJill
When the MK at WDW opened, PotC wasn't built and people got upset and complained, so they put it up rather quickly and cheaply, resulting in a much shorter ride than what is at DL. :(

I heard that too. They originally planned for a boat ride (like PotC) in Frontierland named "Western River Expedition" but when the crowd uproared because of no Pirates, they scratched it and built PotC instead... or atleast that's what I heard.

Sir Hiss527

I just got the DvD, I didn't know it was gonna have the ride on it. That's Awesome!! Funny thing is i'm sitting here watching the movie...:lol:

Sir Hiss527

Disneyland has a much better PoTC, than WDW. It has more scenes, and it's much longer. 2 drops, and a lift hill. The DvD is so awesome.

PeterAlt

Comparing Pirates

I had the opportunity to go to DL in Cali a few months ago for my first time (I'm a Floridian). Here is my opinion on the differences...

DL has a whole opening sequence that is cut from the Florida version. The opening sequence is "scray", like a haunted house. While it is a nice touch, it is not necessary. In fact, it was only created as filler as the original show-building was not large enough to host the ride, they had to build a larger building. This opening sequence was createed as filler to get riders from the original building to the new, larger show building.

This opening sequence actually makes sense in telling a story that I had no idea the ride was trying to tell. "Dead mean tell no tales" is echoed thoughout this sequence. The plotline has something to do with a "cursed treasure".

Also, the very beginning of DL's version had to make the transition of being in New Orleans to the Caribbean. DL does that by showing a barefoot man, sitting by a river, playing a banjo in the dark, with the exception of fierlies. WDW starts the ride with an area already themed to the Carbbean, so at WDW this transition is not necessary.

WDW has the whole fortress thing going, that DL does not have. At DL, you enter a New Orleans style building and your already on the ride. At WDW, you walk through the fortress, complete with cannons and caverns. At DL, instead of walking through caves, you ride through caves in that beginning sequence that was cut out of the WDW version.

From the pirate ship scene on, the rides are virtual clones. I seem to recall that there was more going on in the pirate ship scene at DL's version, but I can't figure out what it is, or even if more is going on there or not. Can anyone help me?

The AA figures are more modern at DL. For example, the auctioneer seems much more life-like. The sets themselves seem to be better at WDW's version. For example, the village on fire effect seems to work better at WDW's version. Lastly, WDW's last sequence with the treasure room is unique to WDW and is missing from DL's version.

There is talk of a major rehab of WDW's "classics". Scheduled for 2005 with a $30 million budget, PotC, Haunted Mansion, and It's a Small World will get new effects, AA figures, and new scenes.

xfkirsten

DL's POTC is better by a loooooong shot. Much longer, has two drops, and the cavern scenes are much better - they actually exist! ;)

-Kirsten

SirNim

I love the float-through past the Blue Bayou restaurant at DL's Pirates.... It's just like "El Rio's" float past the San Angel Inn at Epcot!

But yes, Disneyland Resort®'s Disneyland® Park's "Pirates of the Caribbean®" is far superior to Walt Disney World®'s Magic Kingdom®'s "Pirates of the Caribbean®"...:lol: :p

Sir Hiss527

Originally posted by tj229er
Is the ride through current or of the ride when it first opened?

The ride is on the DVD, and it's when PoTC first opened at Disneyland. Now i'm guessing it still looks the same as when it first opened.

xfkirsten

It is relatively the same. There have been a few changes over the years. Off the top of my head, I can think of the pirates chasing the women (they added food in the women's hands), the pirate sitting and eating (he used to be talking about gettin' it on ;)), and I think some of the pirates with the treasure chest at the end. (Can't remember if that was added or already there)

-Kirsten

lana1989

I need help !

hey ;
i have already downloaded this game like 2 months ago and i LOVED IT but i had a basic access so while i was playing they stopped at certain quest and told me u have 2 uprgade 2 premuim in order 2 complete .... but in the game news they kept saying that they r going 2 make this game totally free 4 basic members 2 soon ... so i was wondering when r they going 2 do that ... and i know that as a basic member i can't do alot of stuff like tattos and weapons but all i care about is just doing quests ... if anybody know a site where i can download the game from other than the disney site where i can play the game for free wothout having 2 uprgade please tell me ...
thanx alot in advance :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom