DCL Picture Of The Day

ChuckElias

Oh man! That’s a bummer. You’ll have to try again next time.
We did. The next year in Halifax on a DCL Canadian cruise. It was even worse, believe it or not. So foggy, you couldn't see more than 20 feet from the boat at times. They should've cancelled it, but they didn't want to give us back our $300.

RememberWhen

We did. The next year in Halifax on a DCL Canadian cruise. It was even worse, believe it or not. So foggy, you couldn't see more than 20 feet from the boat at times. They should've cancelled it, but they didn't want to give us back our $300.
Lame. The only whale watch I’ve ever been on was one I took as part of a 5th grade field trip. The fifth and sixth grade went. It was a small school, so about 40 kids. We all fit on one yellow school bus. It was about a 3 hour drive to the boat. Then the waters were so rough and stormy that 3/4 of the people were sick. Not the people from my school. The people on the boat. We did not see whales. Then we had another 3 hour bus ride home. I thought it was way better than spending a day in school, but I was in the minority.

ChuckElias

DSCN0991.JPG

Rickster7

Lame. The only whale watch I’ve ever been on was one I took as part of a 5th grade field trip. The fifth and sixth grade went. It was a small school, so about 40 kids. We all fit on one yellow school bus. It was about a 3 hour drive to the boat. Then the waters were so rough and stormy that 3/4 of the people were sick. Not the people from my school. The people on the boat. We did not see whales. Then we had another 3 hour bus ride home. I thought it was way better than spending a day in school, but I was in the minority.
So the consensus is to skip the Whale watching excursions.

RememberWhen

So the consensus is to skip the Whale watching excursions.
My experience wasn’t cruise related. I would definitely like to do another (a proper?) whale watch sometime. Fortunately I live in New England, so the opportunity is there. If on an Alaskan cruise I’d have to weigh all the excursion options to make a call. But it’s definitely one of those things. Sometimes the whales aren’t there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom