DCL Food Picture of the Day

donaldtoo

My two favorite appetizers were also on the same night. From Royal Palace.
View attachment 771675View attachment 771676View attachment 771677
Not super pretty to photograph but SO good to eat!
View attachment 771678

Our DS and myself liked that Duck Confit so much that we each had 3 portions, and then we split the Breaded and Deep-Fried Brie (forgot to get a pic of the Brie), along with our entrees and then dessert…!!!!! :hilarious::hungry::hilarious:

4F8A1F63-6DDD-4757-87C6-E689CD8815C8.jpeg

donaldtoo

I’ve had the duck confit a few times and have found it less appealing over time. But that fried Brie… so good!

I don’t know if I could ever get tired of it, but I’m willing to try…!!!!! :hungry::hilarious:
Apologies for the slight thread drift…
Our first cruise was on Carnival in Dec. of ‘17, and they had a rabbit puff pastry app that was really good. I’ve had it on successive cruises, and have never gotten tired of it…!!!!! :hungry::)

C33EFD67-C2E2-4753-B7E2-95925645B897.jpeg
882329FD-457B-4768-8F5B-BADBB253DE6B.jpeg

donaldtoo

I posted my version a couple weeks ago! :)

Yes, I saw that back there…! :)
My next pic is also of another dessert y’all had.
After our two apps, and sharing the Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Breast, Veal Saltimbocca and Lasagna Bolognese, the two desserts were all we had room left for…!!!!! :hilarious:

Palo Brunch, Disney Magic…
Warm Amaretto Chocolate Fondant
Double Chocolate Sauce, Hazelnut Gelato, Mocha Chocolate Soil…

0B8D55AD-9E65-4EC0-8361-58FBE36FD4FF.jpeg

Phonedave

I think you mean zabaione…?!

From the wikipedia article displayed on the left of the search you suggested

Zabaione or zabaglione is an Italian dessert, or sometimes a beverage, made with egg yolks, sugar, and a sweet wine.

Around here (Northern NJ) I have always seen it spelled and pronounced the second way. But then this is also the land of gabbagool, pasta fazool, and sviodell - so there is that to consider.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

From the wikipedia article displayed on the left of the search you suggested

Zabaione or zabaglione is an Italian dessert, or sometimes a beverage, made with egg yolks, sugar, and a sweet wine.

Around here (Northern NJ) I have always seen it spelled and pronounced the second way. But then this is also the land of gabbagool, pasta fazool, and sviodell - so there is that to consider.

Yes, upon further research, I saw both spellings.

donaldtoo

Lunch at Rapunzel’s Royal Table shortly after boarding the Disney Magic.
For my app I had the Seafood and Chicken Gumbo with Cornbread.
Sorry, two pics to show some of the other deliciousness below the delicious roux.
Not the more traditional gumbo I’m used to, but still very tasty, and the cornbread was moist and delicious, as well…!!! :)

932A8AEE-0068-4E94-A205-E36578F3BE6E.jpeg
12F5E387-B023-4535-A1AE-64ECA7D0183C.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom