DCI at Magic Kingdom, Top Chef at Food and wine, and more

ImaYoyo

Original Poster
Hello all,

Tomorrow at 2:30 before the parade at MK, you can see 3 of the DCI corps from Saturday's competition Marching at Magic Kingdom. Expect to see the Glassmen, Teal Sound and one additional corps. Should be a great showing!

The "Bay Lake Tower" now has a name in a few of our systems, and it's not "Bay Lake Tower". Not to say that won't be the official name, but it's currently listed under something COMPLETELY different... oddly enough it happens to be my sister's name too!

The step competition is coming along nicely and should be a great addition to the August line-up. I'm very excited for this one!

Footers have been placed for the new Dock Stage, which should make way for the closing of the Galaxy Palace stage as soon as it's completed.

Any Top Chef fans? It looks like there will be 2-3 Top Chef Contestants at this year's food and wine festival including the Party for the Senses. As soon as dates and names are locked down I will update. Last year Sam Talbot (sp?) was here and was a bid draw. We went and talked with him for a bit and he couldn't have been nicer or more informative!

That's all for now.

scpergj

Hello all,

Tomorrow at 2:30 before the parade at MK, you can see 3 of the DCI corps from Saturday's competition Marching at Magic Kingdom. Expect to see the Glassmen, Teal Sound and one additional corps. Should be a great showing!

The "Bay Lake Tower" now has a name in a few of our systems, and it's not "Bay Lake Tower". Not to say that won't be the official name, but it's currently listed under something COMPLETELY different... oddly enough it happens to be my sister's name too!

The step competition is coming along nicely and should be a great addition to the August line-up. I'm very excited for this one!

Footers have been placed for the new Dock Stage, which should make way for the closing of the Galaxy Palace stage as soon as it's completed.

Any Top Chef fans? It looks like there will be 2-3 Top Chef Contestants at this year's food and wine festival including the Party for the Senses. As soon as dates and names are locked down I will update. Last year Sam Talbot (sp?) was here and was a bid draw. We went and talked with him for a bit and he couldn't have been nicer or more informative!

That's all for now.

Cool!!! Teal Sound is the Jacksonville corps, and they practice only a couple of miles from us!

WDWFigment

Step competition? Any more details about what this is (I mean, I know what 'stepping' is) and where it will be held?

I wonder if the name currently in the system is the actual name for the "Bay Lake Towers" or what...

In any case, thanks for all the updates!

ImaYoyo

Original Poster
Step competition? Any more details about what this is (I mean, I know what 'stepping' is) and where it will be held?

I wonder if the name currently in the system is the actual name for the "Bay Lake Towers" or what...

In any case, thanks for all the updates!
The website should be up soon (if it's not already). http://www.disneystepclassic.com/

The competition will be at the milkhouse. Below is some info that should show up on the website.

The inaugural Disney STEP Classic hosts collegiate fraternities and sororities starting the year off competing for bragging rights. We are also excited to highlight high schools step teams also competing during this action packed weekend. This amazing event will be in conjunction with the MEAC/SWAC Challenge (Jackson State vs. Hampton) and ESPN Regional Television, which will be filming portions of the event for air during the game on ESPN2.

Winners will be showcased on the Pre-Game Stage at the MEAC/SWAC Challenge and will be recognized at halftime of the game!!!

Dates: August 29 & 30, 2008
  • August 29 (All Day) — High School Competition
  • August 30 (Afternoon) — Collegiate Competition

wickedfan07

Thanks for the info. The DCI appearance should be prety cool. I wish I could be there. I'm hoping that the third, unnamed corps is The Cadets. :D

Where is the Dock Stage located? What happens to the Galaxy Palace after it's closed permanently...anything immediate? Any time I hear anything about the Galaxy Palace, I get nervous for the Carousel of Progress. (I wish they'd more the thing to Epcot and keep me from worrying anymre! Haha.)

A while ago you had mentioned a Jazz Festival for DHS in February. Is there any more news on that? I found that very interesting when I read about it and was looking forward to more info. (I could personally care less about the step competition, but it's nice to see something new coming in.)

Thanks again for the update!

ms7479a

I wish I could be there to see the drum corps. We have a DCI competition in my home town every year and I can just imagine what it would be like to see those corps marching down Mainstreet USA.

wickedfan07

I have it good authority that it will INDEED be the Cadets!

We have our HS band's fist Cadet this year and we know through him. Plus, the DCI website confirmed it as well!

Thanks for the info! Now...I need a plane ticket to Orlando and a one day pass to MK...stat! Somebody get video and post it on youTube! :D

I've marched down Main Street before, and the only thing that would make that experience any cooler would be doing it with The Cadets. They are a bunch of lucky people. Hopefully someone will get it up online.

lil_saria

sorry to rain ont he parade...but don't we have enough with the cheerleaders screaming already? now we get people stomping? sounds like a barrel of "fun".

dnalorg

sorry to rain ont he parade...but don't we have enough with the cheerleaders screaming already? now we get people stomping? sounds like a barrel of "fun".

I'd rather be stomped at (not on) than cheered at any day...:lol: My DW would love to see the Top Chef, I had to buy another TV just to get away from watching the reruns over and over.

jt04

Dock Stage?????

Thanks for the info. The DCI appearance should be prety cool. I wish I could be there. I'm hoping that the third, unnamed corps is The Cadets. :D

Where is the Dock Stage located? What happens to the Galaxy Palace after it's closed permanently...anything immediate? Any time I hear anything about the Galaxy Palace, I get nervous for the Carousel of Progress. (I wish they'd more the thing to Epcot and keep me from worrying anymre! Haha.)

A while ago you had mentioned a Jazz Festival for DHS in February. Is there any more news on that? I found that very interesting when I read about it and was looking forward to more info. (I could personally care less about the step competition, but it's nice to see something new coming in.)

Thanks again for the update!

Yes, just to follow up, what is the Dock Stage? I try to stay informed but this one is totally new to me. Anyone????:confused:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Where is the Dock Stage located? !

Dock stage is outside World of Disney in the marketplace.

donsullivan

Premium Member
For those with an interest I''ve uploaded video of the three corps taken during their performances at the Magic Kingdom to YouTube right now. Links are:

Teal Sound
Glassmen
Cadets

I so hate what YouTube does to the quality of HD video. Higher quality versions loading to my website now and coming soon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom