DCA's Tower of Terror... future plans

Bill

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Okay, everyone here says DL is getting a scaled down version of the Tower of Terror. I mean, just look at the thing. It doesn't even look as nice as ours. But there is something that their ToT has that WDW's doesn't. A certain upgradeability that can't be done here in FL. The ToT cars in DL are built differently. And there are plans for a true really creepy experience. Say that you're actually looking downward. That's right. DOWNWARD. Like, the cars in DL actually have the ability to be tipped downward. So, in a few years, expect the current seats to be replaced, and Rock n' RollerCoaster Style seats to be installed. There are creepy plans for this hotel. :) Now who's jealous?

Tim G

Originally posted by Bill
Okay, everyone here says DL is getting a scaled down version of the Tower of Terror. I mean, just look at the thing. It doesn't even look as nice as ours. But there is something that their ToT has that WDW's doesn't. A certain upgradeability that can't be done here in FL. The ToT cars in DL are built differently. And there are plans for a true really creepy experience. Say that you're actually looking downward. That's right. DOWNWARD. Like, the cars in DL actually have the ability to be tipped downward. So, in a few years, expect the current seats to be replaced, and Rock n' RollerCoaster Style seats to be installed. There are creepy plans for this hotel. :) Now who's jealous?
I've never heard such nonsense.. in my whole life..

Cut the crap Bill...

Attachments

• bullmeter.gif
    bullmeter.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 181

RU42

Corrus - that is a great meter.

However, here is something to consider. Tokyo has no shortage of funds as we have seen. They looked at the plans for both ToT and they chose the DCA version. I think that says something.

Anyway, the debate will be settled in 5 weeks or so.

RU

FireFly725

Okay, everyone here says DL is getting a scaled down version of the Tower of Terror.

Actually based on reviews I've read from the people that have started riding it, it doesn't sound scaled down at all.

Adding to RU42's comment. A lot of the budget of Tokyo's is being spent on getting the soil ready to build the underground part that is on this version, since the soil isn't quite the same as in Anaheim. They wouldn't have to do that if they chose WDW's, since it is all above ground.

Bill

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Hey, it's only what i've heard. If you don't like it, pass it off as an April Fools day thing. But it wasn't intended as an April Fool. Though, I have nothing to support the claim. Jon did said it was true on my own forums. So, what am I supposed to think?

paulcmartens

Account Suspended
I like the fact there there is a loud soundtrack on the thing...(you can hear it from Aladdin)

Well, cast member preview dates were announced...and I'm sure Annual Pass Previews will certainly be right after...

Does anyone here have tickets to the Merchandise event? I was slow, I'm on the waiting list ( I initially only saw the really expensive one, never saw the cheap-0 options).

Anyway...bla bla bla.

Tim G

Originally posted by wdwmagic
Maybe not to believe everything you read! and if you arent sure of something, say so!
Right!!!

And BTW .... TOT Calif. is certainly NOT a scaled down version...
Unless you call more drop shafts scaled down...

And as I understand, that your Jon (if any) is suddenly fully informed about DCA as well will being assigned to WDW...

So next time.... think (if any) before you right before you write...

It's very strange that you always make "so called" statements, then if you get a comment, hide behind the facts with:"Hey, that's what heard"

Further.... to me this is EOD.

paulcmartens

Account Suspended
what's possible...

I find it hard to believe a few of the quotes here...

A) none of us are qualified structural engineers...soooooo...let's not pretend we are... I studied architecture, and my Dad's a structural engineer...believe me...you can't fake it...I can't even come close to faking it. If we hear something...these are rumor boards, there is freedom in quoting what we 'hear'. Freedom is a double edged sword.

B)...we don't quite know what's possible or not possible, especially with just a visual inspection...just how visuals inspections were done when the ride isn't open to the general public is of interest to me especially when avatars indicate a certain residence being clear across the country

C) let's see those business cards people! This is a rumor board...and anyone can quote or say whatever...but authority will ALWAYS be questioned regardless of source.

IMHO (opinion folks, not fact) the tilting thing sounds clever enough to have been thought of by an imagineer, especially 10 years after the original built.

JackSkellington

Re: what's possible...

Originally posted by paulcmartens
I find it hard to believe a few of the quotes here...

A) none of us are qualified structural engineers...soooooo...let's not pretend we are... I studied architecture, and my Dad's a structural engineer...believe me...you can't fake it...I can't even come close to faking it. If we hear something...these are rumor boards, there is freedom in quoting what we 'hear'. Freedom is a double edged sword.

B)...we don't quite know what's possible or not possible, especially with just a visual inspection...just how visuals inspections were done when the ride isn't open to the general public is of interest to me especially when avatars indicate a certain residence being clear across the country

C) let's see those business cards people! This is a rumor board...and anyone can quote or say whatever...but authority will ALWAYS be questioned regardless of source.

IMHO (opinion folks, not fact) the tilting thing sounds clever enough to have been thought of by an imagineer, especially 10 years after the original built.

I think Paul is right on this one. Why would Disney abandon its own methods that already work?

The_CEO

Now who's jealous?

No, cause elevators don't tilt. Ours is more realistic. Restraints like that are just dumb. Isn't like you'll see alot anyway.

Downgrade..

The_CEO

Originally posted by JackSkellington
Who here wants the elevators to tip? I don't.

Ditto -

Not to mention the time it would take to tip it, I dont know but any bellhop who asks you to pull down your restraint doesn't fit...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom