DCA's Marvel Land Opening Delayed - July 18th Opening Date Cancelled

mickEblu

I have to push back a little. It's Tough to be a Bug was a really cute show. It was a great place to get out of the sun and get into some A/C.

it was a fantastic show with a great Q. Was very under appreciated (by Myself included). I think you have to put it in the parks Top 3 attractions in terms of classic Disney quality.

RSR
ITTBAB
TOT

Twilight_Roxas

They should delay it 2 years and put a real ride in there. A pub and a crappy quality ride? What is this Galaxy's Edge 2.0 but on a smaller scale?

These incremental land opens are really strange to me. I'm glad Pandora didn't open with just the River Journey.
There’s also a Doctor Strange attraction too.

smooch

I have to push back a little. It's Tough to be a Bug was a really cute show. It was a great place to get out of the sun and get into some A/C.

I regret not seeing that show more but when I was little that show really scared me. Specifically, I hated the part where the bugs crawl on your seat, I guess I really really hated the feeling of bugs crawling on my butt because I remember after the first time I saw it, any subsequent times I went my family would laugh at me for hovering over the seat when I knew the butt bugs were coming 🤣

To add to this, I know everyone has said we have known this opening date wouldn't be met but I guess it's just sad seeing it actually confirmed. Even though I know the park won't even be open by then let alone the construction being put on hold. I am hopeful given what @SuddenStorm said about the land being at the very least a better Bugs Land. I enjoyed cutting through that area to get around the park, to use the bathrooms there, and sometimes even just use the splash area to wipe some cool water on my face during the summer months. I don't have sky high expectations for it like people did for GE, and I haven't even gone to see it yet so I can't say if I enjoy the park or not, but I definitely think having lower expectations will help people enjoy the area more.

I think it will be fun to see the food offerings that are smaller or larger than their typical counterparts because of the Pym Particles at the Ant-Man Microbrewery, I honestly think the whole microbrewery themed to Ant-Man is extremely clever. And I am interested in seeing how the Spider-Man ride shooting system works. From what I remember, isn't it some sort of system that tracks your hands and fires webs "from your wrist?" I am also excited to see the Spider-Man animatronic, I just love Spider-Man to death so even if the ride isn't incredible I personally think I'll still get some good enjoyment out of it.

Last edited:

Sailor310

I regret not seeing that show more but when I was little that show really scared me. Specifically, I hated the part where the bugs crawl on your seat, I guess I really really hated the feeling of bugs crawling on my butt because I remember after the first time I saw it, any subsequent times I went my family would laugh at me for hovering over the seat when I knew the butt bugs were coming 🤣
LOL. Me too. It freaked me out every time and I wasn't little.

smooch

LOL. Me too. It freaked me out every time and I wasn't little.

I'm pretty sure it freaked my mom out too but I think she was too embarrassed to hover over the seat like I would. I honestly wish I could see what it was like now that I'm older, cause I'm sure it wasn't incredibly uncomfortable but I think at a certain point I just kept doing it because it was a joke within our family. I remember my parents would get us to see that show a lot because it got us into a cool room during summer and they got to rest their legs for a while. Having grown up a bit since our trips as small children, my parents have talked about how we wore them out on every trip and I feel I'm the main reason for that. Even as a kid, I was way more into our Disney trips than my brothers and would beg to go open til closing, and I remember them going along with it most times but being exhausted by the end of the day / completely worn out by the end of our trips.

SuddenStorm

They should delay it 2 years and put a real ride in there. A pub and a crappy quality ride? What is this Galaxy's Edge 2.0 but on a smaller scale?

These incremental land opens are really strange to me. I'm glad Pandora didn't open with just the River Journey.

What's wrong with an incremental land opening?

When New Orleans Square (perhaps the greatest and most influential themed land ever) opened, it was the shops only. Pirates followed almost a year later, and Mansion didn't come for another two years.

I have no issue with them staggering the opening of a land- and would almost prefer it since it allows Imagineering to adapt the attractions to what the consumers want, rather than botching the whole thing and being screwed like with Galaxy's Edge.

SuddenStorm

The difference is New Orleans square is an atmospheric setting and wasnt a land made to sell spiderman underwear.

1586651749290.png

TP2000

Original Poster
That new concept art of the entrance to the ride is ugly- just plain ugly.

This artwork? Be Immersed!

1169857025.jpg.jpg

Yeah, it does seem very bland and mundane. It has absolutely no emotional connection to anything that I am aware of, nor does it trigger any emotional or historical memory with me. It just looks like a corporate office park in the suburbs.

Sand Canyon Business Park - Irvine, California Be Immersed!
15IMG_5885.jpg

Does someone else get anything more out of Marvel Land artwork other than "suburban office park"? And if so, maybe you could enlighten us what we are supposed to be seeing and feeling here?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom