DCA Shows

MerHearted

Original Poster
I'm going to Disneyland for the first time this year and I saw a Disneyland vacation planning video from about 2 years ago. In it, they showed a parade called Eureka and a fireworks show called Illuminaria or something. I went on Disneyland's official site and there's nothing listed about those two. Do they no longer have them? :confused:

xfkirsten

Yup, they're both long gone. Eureka ended last year, and not a moment too soon... :hurl:

Luminaria was actually a Christmas fireworks show they had on the lagoon at DCA in 2001. Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but I think that was the only year it ran. General concensus among fans seemed to be that it sucked, but I liked it. But I'm weird like that. :p

-Kirsten

MerHearted

Original Poster
Originally posted by xfkirsten
Yup, they're both long gone. Eureka ended last year, and not a moment too soon... :hurl:

Luminaria was actually a Christmas fireworks show they had on the lagoon at DCA in 2001. Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but I think that was the only year it ran. General concensus among fans seemed to be that it sucked, but I liked it. But I'm weird like that. :p

-Kirsten

Oh pooh! I still would've liked to have seen them. I love parades and shows. :(

CheshireCatStar

I dunno if Luminaria was worth the smoke inhalation....

Eureka! was a parade I enjoyed and didn't. It was an interesting concept, but would you rather wave at a random surfer person strapped into a float? Or Goofy dressed as a surfer strapped into a float?

In any case, the current entertainment lineup at DCA is:

~Aladdin; A Musical Spectacular
~Disney's Electrical Parade
~The Ugly Bug Ball
~The Magic of Brother Bear
~D.U.H.
~The Miner 49ers (feat. Chip and Dale)
~Random groups that play at the Pacific Wharf area
~Road Trip

Coming soon will be "Drawn to the Magic," the Bellhops, Woody's Wind Up Tours, and there's probably something I'm missing.... In any case, enjoy!

xfkirsten

How could I forget Road Trip? Gah. I love them, they're great. Very fun to kick back and watch them while I have an ice cream cone or a margarita or something.

-Kirsten

CheshireCatStar

Road Trip is a band on a refurbed purple woody that plays sets at Sun Plaza and Paradise Pier (Golden State side).

The band is not actually called Road Trip it's jsut the name of the "show." There are different bands that play it, much like the bands at Club Buzz. It really does make some fun out of nowhere in the Plaza, and it's a heck of a lot more fun than Groove 66 (gone, yay!)

RU42

hmmm, when did acting like 'Donald Duck' become cause for blanking out a like? That line above was duck plus 'ing'.

RU

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom