[DCA] Glow With The Show!

Cosmic Commando

I was just going to post that first video myself!

At :40, you can see possibly the coolest feature of the new ears: you can sync them up with another pair of ears by touching them together! No doubt about it; these are MUCH more high-tech than the old Pal Mickey system I thought these were running on!

Cosmic Commando

I really hope they are just "scratching the surface" of what they can do with Glow with the Show. The jury's still out on whether people will buy/wear them enough, so I hope Disney is looking into more ways for the environment to use Glow with the Show, because the tech is really cool (especially the "sweeping"!). This might be really hard to retrofit, but imagine MSUSA completely embedded with fiber optics and then a parade rolls by and the buildings are awash in dancing colors? I'm really really hoping that's what the new tree lights in the MK hub are for.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I really hope they are just "scratching the surface" of what they can do with Glow with the Show. The jury's still out on whether people will buy/wear them enough, so I hope Disney is looking into more ways for the environment to use Glow with the Show, because the tech is really cool (especially the "sweeping"!). This might be really hard to retrofit, but imagine MSUSA completely embedded with fiber optics and then a parade rolls by and the buildings are awash in dancing colors? I'm really really hoping that's what the new tree lights in the MK hub are for.

I saw World of Color a few weeks ago and I saw the big problem with the hats, unless a lot of people are wearing them they don't add much to the show. They looked really cool during the Cars land opening weeked because they were given out for free and a lot of people had them, but when I saw the show there were only a couple in the audiance. Might be neat for the people standing near the person with the hat, but doesn't add much to the over all show.

dsollie

I saw World of Color a few weeks ago and I saw the big problem with the hats, unless a lot of people are wearing them they don't add much to the show. They looked really cool during the Cars land opening weeked because they were given out for free and a lot of people had them, but when I saw the show there were only a couple in the audiance. Might be neat for the people standing near the person with the hat, but doesn't add much to the over all show.

I would have to agree with this. When we were there just a little over a week after the grand opening, I was not even aware of the hats, or even saw enough of them to catch on to the fact that they were part of the show.

wiigirl

omg...this is so very very cool!

75.gif

Cosmic Commando

Any ideas on other things Glow with the Show will be used for? Obviously Remember/Magical if they plan on keeping both of those shows. Maybe Magic, Memories & You? I know it's not that popular in California, but the idea is sound. Possibly even inside a ride? I think small world holiday might be the only ride where the hats could actually add to the show instead of detract. I really really hope a nighttime parade comes back to DL sometime... I think that would be EPIC for Glow with the Show!

nemofinder22

Any ideas on other things Glow with the Show will be used for? Obviously Remember/Magical if they plan on keeping both of those shows. Maybe Magic, Memories & You? I know it's not that popular in California, but the idea is sound. Possibly even inside a ride? I think small world holiday might be the only ride where the hats could actually add to the show instead of detract. I really really hope a nighttime parade comes back to DL sometime... I think that would be EPIC for Glow with the Show!

Wintertime Enchantment would be a great contender! It's so pretty when the castle, hub, garlands and tree light up! New Years Eve would be great as well, I believe it was reported that 4th of July the ears were flashing red, white and blue on Main Street.

I agree small world holiday might be the only one that it would work on without being overly distracting. Maybe Disney Animation and Disney Junior? I do like how they turn off automatically on Mermaid, that needs to be expanded to all attractions and all glow merch.

Fantasmic! Glow with the Show
The AP Preview is Aug 28
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...glow-with-the-show-at-fantasmic-on-august-28/
On Friday, we told you that the popular “Glow With the Show” Ears would soon light up audiences during “Fantasmic!” at Disneyland park, and today we’ve got some exciting news just for Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders! Registration is open right now for a special opportunity for Annual Passholders to “Glow With the Show” at a private viewing of “Fantasmic!” on August 28.

The public debut is Aug 31th
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...are-about-to-glow-with-the-show-at-fantasmic/
UPDATE: The first “Glow With the Show” performance of “Fantasmic!” for Disneyland park guests will be August 31.

nemofinder22

Perhaps parades will be the next to interact with the Glow with the Show Ears???

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/hats-373694-disney-davis.html
Davis said they're looking at how to integrate the hats into parades so they react to individual floats or performers. He said while the hats are passive – it's happening to you – they're investigating other devices that would allow visitors to interact with or even drive the direction of a show.

coachwnh

love these ears. we got them in june when we took our first trip to DL. It was so cool to see them during the WOC show. It was our first day there. It really was the first time that day it felt like disney too me (we are APs in WDW and i guess we are so used to that). Believe it or not, i think i liked the glowing interactive ears more than the kids. very cool idea. I wasnt aware they would have worked in carsland though. bummer :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom