daytime coaster testing in two weeks

coln84

I have a friend that works behind magic kingdom in the building that does the repairs for the ride cars/trains. They told me that there was a new work order concerning our beloved Yeti. They also said that work orders usually only come if something is being delayed. However, they were unable to confirm nor deny the existence of the Yeti in the building, at everest, or even on property. I just hope this doesn't delay the opening.

MickeyTigg

AndyP said:
We all know AK really needs full service restaurants, especially if they are going to extend opening hours when Everest opens, so, seems to make sense, I hope that rumour is true :D

Except this location isn't real convenient...it's not near anything.

Lee

Adventurer
coln84 said:
However, they were unable to confirm nor deny the existence of the Yeti in the building, at everest, or even on property.

I can confirm it. He's been there a few weeks.
As for problems or delays...that I haven't heard.

shoppingnut

TiggerRPh said:
Except this location isn't real convenient...it's not near anything.

I personally could care less where the put a full service restaurant in AK as long as they put one in, I'd be willing to walk to where ever it was located. As of right now, there is no place decent to eat in AK and I wouldn't even count Rainforest as the food had gone downhill there.

Laura

Premium Member
It looks to me like the OP tried to put a link to his source of info, but just got the codes messed up.

Jose Eber

I don't understand why Laughing place (or anyone else for that matter) would say that coaster testing would happen in two weeks -- its been going on for a while now!

Jeez, at least be on top of your rumors!

Calhoon

I'm going to be there from the 20th to the 30th of January. What are my odds of riding this thing as part of a "soft" opening? Man, that is an odd term....

Jose Eber

Better odds than end of November...its sounds like February is a conservative (more likely time) for public trials. Taking into account how they did Soarin at least.

red345

If they put this much stuff to help promote ee why cant they do this for the other rides like mission:space and soarin. Of course all of these do have things near by to support them, but disney should not try to put all of its eggs in the basket for ee just on the off chance, but that is just me.:rolleyes:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
red345 said:
If they put this much stuff to help promote ee why cant they do this for the other rides like mission:space and soarin. Of course all of these do have things near by to support them, but disney should not try to put all of its eggs in the basket for ee just on the off chance, but that is just me.:rolleyes:

They really haven't done too much to promote EE. They did the Mission: Himalayas, but that wasn't any different than the research they did with NASA for M:S. All the "attention" has been built up by discussion forums such as this one, which is why there will be quite a few disappointed people.

dr_teeth90210

Thrawn said:
They really haven't done too much to promote EE. They did the Mission: Himalayas, but that wasn't any different than the research they did with NASA for M:S. All the "attention" has been built up by discussion forums such as this one, which is why there will be quite a few disappointed people.

Disney did release a supplemental website to the opening of Everest. Here's the link...

http://www.shavemyyeti.com

Oh wait... Did I say Disney? It is fun to shave a Yeti though.

I completely agree with Thrawn that all expectations are being built up by discussion forums like this one. Why does Disney need to spend any money on advertising when they have Disney nerds like us to hype up it's new attractions. Speaking of advertising though, I can't wait to see how all the new Everest billboards are gonna look like. Maybe thay can replace that aging TOT billboard( the one on World Drive )with a miniature faux Everest mountian.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom