Day to day scheduling.......birthday advice

Hi YAL!

First time visitor in 12 days! was wondering how you guys keep track of all your reservation numbers and reservations...fast passes etc. I saw some people do a binder.....that's a bit much for me. Any help is appreciated.

Going with my husband and daughter.....daughter turns 7 during trip. Its a surprise visit! Any advice for birthdays spent at Disney??

:)

DisneyPrincess5

Congrats in your upcoming first visit! Very exciting.

We personally keep all the info in a note in our phones and I email it to myself for safe keeping. Also, the MDE app collects all that info.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

I have an excel spreadsheet that keeps getting modified and tweaked. It has a one pager that shows park schedules, planned days, reservations etc all in a single page. As mentioned, if you have a smartphone the MDE app will keep track of everything. Screenshot the day just you have a copy in case the app goes down.

Upvote 0

JohnD

While all the info is on MDE, I keep a drop folder for all that info -- reservations, menus, daily schedule, maps. Before I leave, I print all this out from MDE and put in my drop folder. Each morning, I pull what I need for the day and put in my backpack, just in case.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Spreadsheets on line while at home.

Printed copies to take to Disney - each A4 sheet will cover three or four complete days listing ADRs and FP times also includes the times of parades and fireworks.

If you have an MDE account you get emailed reminders of the next days ADRs

Oops - forgot about birthdays. I would recommend doing a Character Breakfast with Winnie the Pooh and Friends at Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom - tell the waiting staff of the birthday in your party. Make reservations as soon as you can

Upvote 0

DVCPluto

I like the format that the MDE provides once my reservations are all in and ready to go. I print or save to PDF when I initially make ADRs or FP+s. Then I print or save when everything is finalized before we leave. I email the files to myself and print copies. MDE let's you view your itinerary by day or by reservation. So try seeing which one works best for you.

Before making reservations, I just make a simple table using Word or Pages. It helps me organize my ideas without being too complicated.

Happy birthday to your daughter!! What do you have planned so far? I just did a surprise trip with my son last Aug. He turned 8 after we got back, but we celebrated his birthday in WDW. He says that the best part of having his birthday there was interacting with all the characters - especially the unusual ones like at Mama Melrose who gave him some flack about "lying about his age." Quite hysterical.

Upvote 0

Frontier21

Birthdays are great there. We were there last October and it was my Father-in-Law's Birthday. We called ahead at the restaurant that we were eating at on the day of his b-day and they brought him out a small cake. He made 72 and he loved it. Your daughter will love it. Get her a pin or a shirt letting them know it's her birthday and every cast member will tell her happy birthday.

Upvote 0

Bianca_wholenewworld

Original Poster
I like the format that the MDE provides once my reservations are all in and ready to go. I print or save to PDF when I initially make ADRs or FP+s. Then I print or save when everything is finalized before we leave. I email the files to myself and print copies. MDE let's you view your itinerary by day or by reservation. So try seeing which one works best for you.

Before making reservations, I just make a simple table using Word or Pages. It helps me organize my ideas without being too complicated.

Happy birthday to your daughter!! What do you have planned so far? I just did a surprise trip with my son last Aug. He turned 8 after we got back, but we celebrated his birthday in WDW. He says that the best part of having his birthday there was interacting with all the characters - especially the unusual ones like at Mama Melrose who gave him some flack about "lying about his age." Quite hysterical.

The day of her Bday we are doing breakfast at Cinderellas Royal table and lunch at be our guest. We will spend the day at Magic Kingdom as that will be our last day there...but we will be celebrating her bday all week feb 7th til 13th.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I don't have a Smartphone, so I do it the old-fashioned way -- I have a small stack of index cards in my purse (one for each day of the trip), each with an overview of that day's itinerary, park hours, ADRs/FP+, confirmation numbers, etc. At the back of the deck is an extra card with other important information (lost and found phone numbers, childcare phone number, Disney dining phone number, resort front desk, etc.). I keep the index cards in a clear plastic luggage tag sleeve (or a Ziploc sandwich bag) just in case my purse gets soaked on Splash Mountain or something -- plus it keeps the cards organized and easy to read. Every morning, I just flip the card for that day to the front, and I'm ready to go.

Upvote 0

Lirael

I'm making an excel spreadsheet. It's much, much easier to do maths (like adding up expenses, figuring out how much a discount will save up etcetc) in it, plus I can simply throw in info as they come and then organize them nicely later on.

Upvote 0

Lexi

I do an Google Sheet (their version of Excel) and this way its always on my phone and can be edited and accessed at anytime.

Upvote 0

Schneewittchen

My family has a shared Google drive folder we create for each vacation - WDW 2016, etc. We put PDFs of all of the reservations and a Google docs itinerary in there.

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

I have an excel spreadsheet that keeps getting modified and tweaked. It has a one pager that shows park schedules, planned days, reservations etc all in a single page. As mentioned, if you have a smartphone the MDE app will keep track of everything. Screenshot the day just you have a copy in case the app goes down.

Absolutely screen shot each day. Photos pull up so much faster than the app.

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

Make sure to get her a birthday button at check in!! Cast Members (and some guests) will be wishing her a Happy Birthday the whole day!! A lot of the restaurants will also do something special for her, like a special desert.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom