Spare clothing
Sun screen
Cooling towels
Cash
Zip lock bags

Any ideas on what else

TYIA

jaklgreen

I thought I was the only advocate of bringing basic meds and first-aid stuff. 😀I know there are first-aid places but I like to have the basics to hand. Can’t remember a trip where someone hasn’t needed something - painkiller, antihistamine, blister plaster, antiseptic wipe for a scraped knee or elbow. That said, we are an accident prone lot.......

I carry a few ibuprofen in a small baggie that I can put in my pocket so I do not need to carry a bag. Never needed anything else luckily. 20+ years of visits without any major issue is pretty good I think.

Upvote 0

arielrose

This is what is in my park bag:
Disposable ponchos
Suncreen stick
Sunglasses
Portable charger
Itinerary
Phone
Cards/ID
Meds
I am unfortunately allergic to everything so I have to have those with me. We also use a lightweight drawstring. My husband and I take turns carrying it.

Upvote 0

KCheatle

I’ve got a small backpack. I bring my yeti, a roll of quarters and 2 rolls of pennies (kids like the penny press), autograph book, pen, sunscreen, glasses, gum, and a couple ponchos (husband carries other ponchos in his backpack). He brings phone charging brick, additional yeti, sorcerers stuff (if going to MK), wallet with both our ids and Disney visa for discount on purchases.

Upvote 0
I've seen a couple posts here saying they hate bringing bags and wish one day they won't bring a bag to the parks, but never can actually do that - that's my exact thought on this. I would so much love to have nothing to carry with me but my phone and wallet, but I like to bring my camera (Sony a6500) and waters, snacks etc. I think for our August 3rd - 6th trip when we are just doing Disney After Hours on the 4th from 6pm to 12-1am at MK I'll bring a small camera bag with those items and then on Sunday we plan on doing AK in the morning to early afternoon I will probably bring my 5.11 Covrt 18 backpack to carry all the other stuff people described here.

Upvote 0

Crazydisneygirl

Found the perfect bag at Eddie Bauer. Its small but enough to carry ponchos, phone, ID, sunscreen, meds. It can be worn cross body or as a waist bag. It's in their travel section for $20. I think it will do as can fit in my hubby's cargo short for going thru security so no big bags. Refuse to be a pack mule this trip in September. It's only 3 of us and all over the age of 15.

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

I've seen a couple posts here saying they hate bringing bags and wish one day they won't bring a bag to the parks, but never can actually do that - that's my exact thought on this. I would so much love to have nothing to carry with me but my phone and wallet, but I like to bring my camera (Sony a6500) and waters, snacks etc. I think for our August 3rd - 6th trip when we are just doing Disney After Hours on the 4th from 6pm to 12-1am at MK I'll bring a small camera bag with those items and then on Sunday we plan on doing AK in the morning to early afternoon I will probably bring my 5.11 Covrt 18 backpack to carry all the other stuff people described here.

If you are bringing a nice camera then of course you would need some kind of bag for it. We just take pictures on our phone and we have been so many times that we do not take many pictures anymore. We carry in 1 water and just get more there, plus we don't carry snacks either. Part of the joy of going to WDW for us is snacks there like dole whips and churros, etc.

Upvote 0
If you are bringing a nice camera then of course you would need some kind of bag for it. We just take pictures on our phone and we have been so many times that we do not take many pictures anymore. We carry in 1 water and just get more there, plus we don't carry snacks either. Part of the joy of going to WDW for us is snacks there like dole whips and churros, etc.

Yeah and that's what I also think about too about taking pictures... How many pictures can I take of the castle at night??!?! I might think of not taking the camera this time around and maybe just bring some type of small pack.

And I absolutely second the snacks being part of the joy for you and your family. Dole whip all day.

Upvote 0

Gillyanne

Oh I don't know if I've seen this thread before. I have a Disney "Go" bag that sits ready and packed at home (haven't done it yet, but never know when one may want to pick up and go to Disney!) I took a picture of it when I made it, I don't think much has changed, but when I'm there for the week, I often end up taking some things out, and maybe adding a little....

I use a small mickey diaper bag. Something about the shape of it makes it easy to pack up and it's strap is long enough to wear messenger style.

In the smaller star bag I keep a small tripod, pens, a soap box with band-aids, alcohol wipes etc in it, glasses cleaner and microfiber cloth, a USB wall plug and multiple head USB cord, magicband, small power bank, spare phone battery & a smaller wallet; Then I also have a spare change of clothes, a scarf, poncho, umbrella (though this was a cheapy and broke, I need a new one), book of index cards as a small autograph book, chapstick, sunglasses (prescription), small camera and extra power bank, water bottle and a spare fold up bag for goodies.

when I'm there for the week I usually end up taking out the spare clothes, the lil bag and depending on the forecast the poncho, and add in the small pill bottle I keep in my regular purse. Sometimes need to add in diapers/pull ups for my niece, maybe a few more spare batteries/power banks (my phone is so old it sucks battery in hours) and now I basically use my Figment 35 wristlet for the wallet since I can slip cards, money and my phone in there, and take it on rides etc easy and leave the bag on the stroller.

Attachments

• GoBag.jpg
    GoBag.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 221
Upvote 0

WDWMPrincess

My park bag when i carry one is a small clear bag about the size of wallet. I almost always get at least a quiet thank you from security as this makes their job easier. I have to have it for work so it isn't a special purchase for me. Another advantage is the bags are mostly waterproof.

As far as contents I mainly just carry the same items I carry daily to work in it except for the sunscreen.

1-2 light snacks like a packet of nuts or a protein bar
2-3 Safety Pins
Small First Aid Kit - pain reliever, Tums, single use first aid cream, 2-3 bandages, moleskin, blister relief pads
2-3 small zip baggies
disposable poncho
small bottle of sunscreen
lip balm with sunscreen
charger, portable charger
small comb
couple of hair bands and hair clips

I also always wear a wide mouth water bottle and my phone attached to my belt. My phone has a wallet case so it is also my wallet with cash and cards. It is in a waterproof case but on water rides I just put it in a zip bag to be safe.

Many days I just wear cargo pants, cargo shorts, or I have an old fashioned scooter skirt with pockets. The pants and shorts I made by adding pockets to some kahki pants so they'd be functional, and the skirt I made from scratch. If I am distributing everything in pockets I just put the contents of each pocket in a zip baggie. Mainly the sunscreen, lip balm with sunscreen, and moleskin and blister pads see a lot of use so I'd say those are probably the minimum you'll want to take.

Upvote 0

Patcheslee

Got the Black Urban Day Pack from Uni this year. 6x9 inches but fit in a single day:
2 cell phones
2 packs of smoked (yes DH smokes)
3 Walmart disposable ponchos
Change wallet for pressed pennies
DH wallet when riding
Glasses case
A pigmy puff
Sunscreen was a travel size with a clip so it clipped on outside
2 cooling towels we could knot to the handle
3 ziploc bags
Small brush with hair ties
Contact eye drops
Advil
It was easier than a back pack and BONUS: DD9 kept wanting to carry it since it was a "purse". So we took turns.

Upvote 0

Patcheslee

Firm believer in printing out and taking a hard copy of our itinerary with FastPass times and dining reservations with confirmation numbers. We've arrived at restaurants and CM can't find our reservation. If we have the confirmation number, they can usually pull it up. Saves time and aggravation.

And sometimes checking Fastpass time on a piece of paper is faster and easier than finding it on the app
So I'm not the only one yaaay!!! I have 2x3 card laminates I print Res info, FP+, and any notes. Print on both side so have 2 days plans on each and don't have to worry about water soaking them. Fits in DH wallet since he refuses to go anywhere without.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom