Spare clothing
Sun screen
Cooling towels
Cash
Zip lock bags

Any ideas on what else

TYIA

J_Krafty24

For me, as little as possible. I hate being weighed down by a big backpack while at the parks. Britta bottle, two granola bars, disposable ponchos, battery pack and charger, phone, ziplocs and a small wallet with only what I need put into it (Id, cc, insurance card, cash).

Upvote 0

JohnD

To each their own but for me I carry a lightweight backpack.

Usually with:
  • Baseball cap(s): To swap out as needed
  • Poncho in zip-lock bag (always carry a poncho whether for rain or wet ride)
  • Two water bottles: One each in net holders on each side of bag
  • Sunglass case: To put my glasses/sunglasses, usually for riding roller coasters.
  • Hardcopy itinerary: Printout from MDE. Handy if app is down.
  • Phone charger
  • Sometimes: Guidebook(s) from Unofficial Guide but that can weigh you down
Sounds like a lot but main area is mostly empty with above items mostly in other compartments. This allows for putting small gifts purchased, etc.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

I use an ECV, so I use the small basket on the front to supplement what I carry in my pockets:

- in pockets - wallet and cash, wallet only contains the bare essentials for a trip, I leave most of the contents at home
- I wear a baseball cap
- in basket - poncho(s), phone charger, water bottle, sunscreen, sometimes I put them in a sling bag

Don't forget, there are lockers at each park that you can rent if you don't want to carry everything all day

Upvote 0
To each their own but for me I carry a lightweight backpack.

Usually with:
  • Baseball cap(s): To swap out as needed
  • Poncho in zip-lock bag (always carry a poncho whether for rain or wet ride)
  • Two water bottles: One each in net holders on each side of bag
  • Sunglass case: To put my glasses/sunglasses, usually for riding roller coasters.
  • Hardcopy itinerary: Printout from MDE. Handy if app is down.
  • Phone charger
  • Sometimes: Guidebook(s) from Unofficial Guide but that can weigh you down
Sounds like a lot but main area is mostly empty with above items mostly in other compartments. This allows for putting small gifts purchased, etc.

I haven’t been in a while but I remember once or twice security making us throw away our water bottles, is water allowed? This would’ve been 3 or 4 years ago maybe they’ve changed. Are there metal detectors now?

We eventually just put water bottles in our pockets and then back in the bag after we made it through bag check

Upvote 0

KrzyKtty

I would love the cargo pants idea, but sadly I'm stuck with a small bag. I just couldn't find a decent pair of female cargo pants with usable pockets.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I carry my phone, sunglasses, Dollar Tree poncho (if the weather/attraction itinerary calls for it) and a couple of Band-Aids, all of which fits into my pockets or a tiny crossbody purse or waist pack.

We used to bring, but have learned to do without, extra clothing or cooling accoutrements (we visit when the weather is neither too hot nor too cold) and water bottles (not when we can get free iced water on request at any CS location).

Upvote 0

KrzyKtty

In our bag we usually carried Poncho's depending on the year. Then we would also carry a small sunscreen, credit cards and cell phone, and autograph books for the young kids. We didn't bother carrying water and snacks with us most of the time because we had the Dining Plan and couldn't use all of our snack credits anyway. We also didn't bother taking extra clothes.

Upvote 0

KBLovedDisney

I always carry a mini backpack which usually consist of:

1) Chapstick
2) Tylenol
3) Eye drops
4) Wallet with cards and cash
5) Cash stashed separately for emergencies
6) Charge cords
7) Ear buds
8) Keys
9) Sunscreen
10) Lotion
11) Phone

Upvote 0

Fankle

A small first aid kit - I try to minimise what’s in it but painkillers, moleskin plasters, hay fever tablets and meds in case of upset stomach are a must.

Sun cream is an essential too and we use oversize super lightweight rain jackets instead of ponchos. Using these for wet rides is lighter weight than carrying spare clothes.

Upvote 0

KrzyKtty

I also agree on the charge cords. We normally brought a portable battery for our phones in case of emergency. And in my case to use our itinerary.

Upvote 0

Crazydisneygirl

I would love to go with out a bag but cannot find shorts with cargo pockets for female. I carry: poncho, cell phone, battery pack, small wallet, plastic bag for wet rides and wet ponchos. Index card with day info- fast pass times, restaurant times. That's about it. I used to be a pack mule and now we all take turns carrying the bag. also water bottles on the side as I get thirsty. I dream of going without a bag but can't do it. Sometimes if we go to the park in the evening I can go without.

Upvote 0

JohnD

I haven’t been in a while but I remember once or twice security making us throw away our water bottles, is water allowed? This would’ve been 3 or 4 years ago maybe they’ve changed. Are there metal detectors now?

We eventually just put water bottles in our pockets and then back in the bag after we made it through bag check

Security has never made me throw away water bottles. I keep my water bottles in the refrigerator in my room at the resort and grab two cold bottles to carry in the backpack netting on either side. When the bottles get warm, I just ask for a cup of ice to pour the water into. On most days, I can get by with the two water bottles unless it's really hot, then I'll buy a $3.00 bottle of Dasani if I have to.

They do have metal detectors but only for those randomly picked to go through. This is mostly done at Epcot, AK, and HS. MK security is handled at the TTC and resorts for boats and monorail, just after getting off the bus at bus stops and the walkway from the Contemporary.

Upvote 0

Rsj88

We bring ponchos, snacks and glow necklaces for the kids, Ziplocks, portable phone chargers, and bandaids. We also carry a change of clothes for our youngest. Thankfully this year we won’t have to worry with diapers!

Upvote 0

LeighM

All,
What does everyone carry in their Day Bag? So far I’ve got:
Spare clothing
Sun screen
Cooling towels
Cash
Zip lock bags

Any ideas on what else

TYIA

I always have sun screen, credit card/cash/ID, phone charger, eye drops for contacts, hand sanitizer, Tylenol, filtered water bottle, and Claritan. I use lightweight, waterpoof nylon LeSportsac crossbody or small backpack when I'm in the parks. We try not to carry too much.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Thanks everyone for the suggestions

The separate queue for visitors with bags, is it sufficiently longer

I’m assuming you’re referring to bag check at Epcot, AK, and HS. Obviously not having a bag is quicker but bag check is not a single line. There are officers at multiple tables checking bags. Just have every pocket in your bag open and ready to speed things along. At MK, bag check is spread out depending on where you’re coming from as mentioned above.

Upvote 0

KRW101

I would love the cargo pants idea, but sadly I'm stuck with a small bag. I just couldn't find a decent pair of female cargo pants with usable pockets.
Functional Cargo shorts for females are nearly non existent. Try looking for mens cargo shorts with a short inseam. These don’t look too bad on women, and the have functional pockets. I have a few pairs, they are my “theme park shorts”. I prefer function over fashion during long days at the parks. ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom