Davids Vacation Rentals

TDGMedley

I was looking at there website and thinking about going through them for hotel for February or March 2018. Has anyone used them before and after booking a room can you go through disney to add park tickets or Dinning?

Minnesota disney fan

I;m wondering about that too! same time of year actually. I am reluctant to go through sites that offer this service, but feel that one as well known as David's would be okay. Watching to see what others think!

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

You can't make any changes to the reservation yourself, as you don't own it. The DVC owner who owns the points you are using would need to make the changes, including adding tickets or dining plan. You can book your own FP+ and ADRs not a problem, but ticket and dining the owner needs to do. David's should detail that in the paper work and act as the conduit to get those additions made onto your reservation. However with a DVC rental most people would advise you buy your tickets through a reseller (cheaper than WDW direct) and skip the dining plan since you will have access to at least a kitchenette (full sized kitchen in a 1BR or larger) and have groceries delivered and do some meals in room.

You can see plenty of threads about Davids, and point rentals in general in the DVC section of the boards.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We rented a 2-bedroom villa at Wilderness Lodge through David's two years ago. They made it seamless (and when I had questions, they responded instantly to e-mails and phone calls) and we'd do it again in a heartbeat. We actually tried to use them again for our upcoming visit, but unfortunately at that time they didn't have a member with the points we needed for the resort we wanted. Maybe next time...

In our case, we went through David's for the room and DDP (as was already said, the member from whom you're renting has to set up those things for you). Once we had the reservation number for the room, I linked it on my MDE. Then I purchased our park tickets separately, and simply linked them to MDE as well. Everything worked beautifully and we had no issues with the linking, or with the smooth operation of our MagicBands for Magical Express, room access, park access, Fastpasses, room charges and DDP. Because DVC is a non-refundable reservation, we purchased vacation insurance to cover the cost in case there were any problems, but even with that cost added in, and the extra couple dollars per point that David's charges for being the middleman, we still saved at least 40% off of the rack rate (that is, what Disney would have charged us had we rented the villa directly, as non-DVC members) for the same villa.

Obviously the 11-month [home resort] booking window for your 2018 visit hasn't opened yet, but I think you can put in your request to David's early and they'll let you know, once the window opens, whether they have a member with the points you need for your desired resort.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cursivesailor

We are staying at AKL this year for Halloween and going through The DVC Rental Store. I found their cancellation policy to be better than Davids. I was booking at 11 months out so wanted to have the peace of mind in case something came up through out the year and we would have had to cancel.

I swear I must have emailed our agent 100+ times and she was always responsive and helpful with the whole process. Her name was Lindsay.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Magical Dreamer

We booked 5 days in January at BWV through David. Process was very smooth....the booking does appear under "my reservations"

Trip this year may change future years.

Upvote 0

Magical Dreamer

Just a quick question...when you book through David's or the DVC rental store do you have to pay the whole cost at booking or just a deposit?
Just a quick question...when you book through David's or the DVC rental store do you have to pay the whole cost at booking or just a deposit?

You pay $95 upfront....Full Payment needs to be made as soon as they secure your request.

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

DVC Rental Store doesnt require any deposit to check availability. Once you've decided to book, they require an $100 deposit to secure the reservation then $9 a point upfront & the remaining balance is due 45 days prior to arrival.

Upvote 0

Disneyfreak Jen

I booked through David's for the first time on my upcoming trip, I'm arriving at OKW next Saturday October 1. The process was very simple, and I used the PayPal Credit option, which has a 6 month 0% interest option.

When filling out the online reservation request form on the David's site, you get to choose 4 options for resorts and types of rooms (studio, 1 BR, etc). They go in order of first choice, second choice, etc., and as soon as they find one that is available in the room type that you choose you are booked. I got my second choice, OKW.

Within a couple of days I was able to link my reservation through the MDE website, as the owners of the timeshare were very prompt in doing their part and entering me into the system. Once I was on MDE, I was able to make my restaurant reservations, etc. As far as tickets go, I bought an AP this year directly through Disney, so once I got that number I was able to link that to my MDE account. I'm not doing a dining plan, but that can be added through the David's site as well. Magical Express is added through David's too, just contact them with your flight information.

I have found the whole process very easy and haven't had any problems. I'm sure I will be using them again. When you look at the $$ it's really a no brainer.

Upvote 0

patch553

we booked through david in feb and cant speak highly enough about them,every question we had was answered every request was met, we wer so happy with them we have booked again for may 2017 with them

Upvote 0

FrostyNaples

You can't make any changes to the reservation yourself, as you don't own it. The DVC owner who owns the points you are using would need to make the changes, including adding tickets or dining plan. You can book your own FP+ and ADRs not a problem, but ticket and dining the owner needs to do. David's should detail that in the paper work and act as the conduit to get those additions made onto your reservation. However with a DVC rental most people would advise you buy your tickets through a reseller (cheaper than WDW direct) and skip the dining plan since you will have access to at least a kitchenette (full sized kitchen in a 1BR or larger) and have groceries delivered and do some meals in room.

You can see plenty of threads about Davids, and point rentals in general in the DVC section of the boards.

Park tickets have nothing to do with DVC bookings. You can buy your tickets online, through a 3rd party, or at the gates.

We have used Davids 5 times over the last few years, great way to get deluxe @ moderate pricing.

The process can be frustrating at some times since there are a few moving parts, you make your request, they verify availability, but then have to rely on a member to make the reservation. There have been occasions that availability disappears before a reservation is made, deflates the sails a bit on occasion.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Park tickets have nothing to do with DVC bookings. You can buy your tickets online, through a 3rd party, or at the gates.

Yes and no. You don't need to buy your tickets as part of your DVC booking (and I wouldn't suggest doing it, save money with a 3rd party ticket broker) but if they did want to buy tickets as part of the same booking for whatever reason, they cannot do so themselves, the owner needs to be the one to add that to the booking.

Upvote 0

FrostyNaples

Yes and no. You don't need to buy your tickets as part of your DVC booking (and I wouldn't suggest doing it, save money with a 3rd party ticket broker) but if they did want to buy tickets as part of the same booking for whatever reason, they cannot do so themselves, the owner needs to be the one to add that to the booking.

@dreamfinder

I'm not sure where you get any information with regards to a DVC member purchasing 'park tickets' on the renters behalf. This is simply not the case, whatsoever. The DVC member can add dining packages (with 30 days notice) after a rental booking has occurred, but that is the only item they can add.

Davids DVC rentals has an option to purchase park tickets at a discounted rate here: https://www.dvcrequest.com/disney-world-discount-tickets.asp

This is not related to the DVC member, or the booking of the resort by the DVC member. Renters are only booking 'accommodations', and that is all that is outlined and offered by the service. Their are no 'packages' park ticket & hotel in these bookings.

You can reach out to David's directly if further clarification if needed :geek:

Upvote 0

FrostyNaples

Then that would be specific to David's, and not the overall DVC rental process.

Wrong again, and this goes for ALL DVC Brokers.

If your getting park tickets via any of the DVC services, then you are buying these tickets 'through' the broker itself, not the DVC Member.

Renters do not ever purchase Disney Park Tickets from a DVC member, directly or indirectly. The DVC member never purchases renter's park tickets, directly or indirectly.

To quote now famous TV ad's "That's not how this works, that's not how any of this works".

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom