Daughter's First Trip - October 2003

Goontoe

I am taking my daughter on her first trip to WDW in October 2003 - she will be 3 yrs. old. We have reservations at the Polyneisan.

Does anyone have any "must do" ideas for a 3yr old first-timer? I want her to experience the magic and have the same love for Disney as I do.

Thank you!

kal1484

When I was 3, my favorite thing was going to the breakfast they had their and seeing Minnie, I know it isn't the same one, but I think she would really enjoy eating with the characters. I also STILL remember the Luau at the Poly. Hope this helps, and HAVE FUN.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

The Magic Kingdom probably has the "must do" attractions for a child of that age.
BUT becareful, my youngest went for the first time at 2 and was scared stupid (unintentionally) by the size of the characters - this scared her for the rest of her holiday.

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

if she is really into te princesses, take her to the castle for a character breakfast, or a noon-time snack. they will charm her by calling her princess. hey, I am nearly 21, and I still love being called that!!!

and if she wants to ride it's a small world over and over, make a limit for her. some day, it will come back to haunt her. I used to do that with my dad, and now he will not even listen to the song, he plugs up his ears and everything. yikes!

enjoy!! I think she will love disney!:wave:

Upvote 0

krzy4dzny

This is my first post so I hope I'm doing this right.

Having just returned from WDW with my daughter (who was 1 month short of her 3rd birthday) I have a few "must do's.

First however, the key (IMHO) to her loving Disney as much as you do is to remember that it is her vacation as well. Do things at her pace not yours. This way she will take away the best possible memories from the trip.

As for the "must do's" I think that Playhouse Disney, Little Mermaid, and Muppetvision 3D at MGM are great for the little ones. Plus MGM has a huge variety of character greeting areas from Mickey through to the Toy Story and Monsters INC. charaters.

I also agree with Captain Hook that the Magic Kingdom is filled with things for the little ones. Particularly Mickey's Toontown fair. What small child wouldn't love to visit Mickey and Minnie's house and see Pluto's dog house ( plus some other surprises). There's also a small playground that's great for the kids. If she likes "thrill" rides then Goofy's Barnstormer is great. My daughter still talks about it a month later.

I could go on but I think that's enough for now.

Enjoy your trip

Upvote 0

Erika

I was ALMOST 3 my first trip to WDW.

At that time only the Magic Kingdom was open, but I will tell you what I can remember (YES, I can still remember).

Small World-- I forced my parents on it over and over and over again.

Peter Pan-- My mom pointed out where the track "ended" and I was certain we truly were flying over London. Do not miss this ride for the world. Make sure she knows the story first! I'm sure she does already.

Dumbo- that's a no-brainer

Teacups-- loved this one too! Can't do it now though. *turns green*

Topiaries- simple but they managed to grab my attention, once my mom pointed them out to me.

Characters-- I wasn't afraid of the "big head" characters but the "real people" ones scared me to pieces. Poor Alice tried so hard. And I screamed in her face. I atill am not sure why. Maybe Stranger Danger.

The monorail-- No need to elaborate on this one!

Unless she is really, really brave I would skip Haunted Mansion and probably Pirates as well. I would imagine Pooh would be a HUGE hit with your daughter, as well as the Tiki Birds. Cinderella's castle will leave her spellbound.

As for the other parks-- Epcot does not have a whole lot to captivate a 3 year old, other than some really fun fountains and a couple of friendly parrots near Mexico. If she's like a lot of other kids she will probably like Animal Kingdom. You can get fairly close to the animals there. Plus there is Dinosaur Land, Camp Minnie Mickey, and, most importantly, McDonalds! MGM has a lot to offer little kids. I agree with Little mermaid, Playhouse, and the Muppets. Also if the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground is still there (sorry, it's been awhile!) that is a lot of fun.

Upvote 0

Tramp

Originally posted by Goontoe
I am taking my daughter on her first trip to WDW in October 2003 - she will be 3 yrs. old. We have reservations at the Polyneisan.

Does anyone have any "must do" ideas for a 3yr old first-timer? I want her to experience the magic and have the same love for Disney as I do.

Thank you!

Make sure you arrange for a wake-up call and MAKE SURE your daughter answers the phone....Mickey will be on the other end with a cute message...and watch your daughter's eyes light up. What a way to jumpstart her day!

(I hope they still do this)

Upvote 0

DisneyGal

Re: Re: Daughter's First Trip - October 2003

Originally posted by Tramp

Make sure you arrange for a wake-up call and MAKE SURE your daughter answers the phone....Mickey will be on the other end with a cute message...and watch your daughter's eyes light up. What a way to jumpstart her day!

Yeah, they still do it and your daughter should definitely answer the phone because she will be so excited to hear Mickey on the other end. You should also head to the judges tent in Mickey's Toontown Fair because aside from Mickey being there, a few other characters always make an appearance and it is a great way to guarantee that you will get a picture. The only downside of this is that you will most likely be in line for awhile.

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

Re: Re: Daughter's First Trip - October 2003

Originally posted by Tramp

aw heck, I still get excited!! the only time I am a morning person is when I am in disney with a mickey wake up call!

and if you get a chance to feed any of the ducks anywhere (such as at carribean beach near the main pool) do it. they come right up to you and will eat out of your hand. it is really neat, and she might love it!

Upvote 0

danamarie27

I took my daughter for there around that age and her biggest favorite was breakfast and Cindy's. She also liked all the parades. They didn't have the Pooh ride then, but she like it when she was 6 nonetheless. Crystal Palace with pooh, Chef Mickey's definately......I could go on and on and on....Fantasy Land......... everything in it. Toon town..Animal Kingdom...and the list goes on....all these great people on here will have wonderful suggestions I'm sure...

Upvote 0

danamarie27

I just read the duck thing...YES!!! my daughter loved that...we had two of them while we waited for the parade on main street take popcorn right from our hands....and there is that little lake in MGM and they have alot of them there ...we have pictures of this tiny baby one...awwwwwwwww

Upvote 0

VillianFan

Buy your daughter a light, preferably, white hat upon arriving at Disney. Use a Permanent marker, ie Sharpie, to get the hat signed by the characters. My kids both wore their hats the entire trip, keeping the sun off their faces and saving me from carrying Autograph books around!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom