News Dates announced for the Incredible Summer celebration at Walt Disney World

Kman101

I'm curious to see how they handle the Incredibles stuff in Tomorrowland (and the Duck stuff in Dino), they definitely seem to be overselling it a tad (nothing new there). Some of it sounds OK as temporary entertainment. None of it of course is my first choice. Someone wake me up when it's over? LOL

But in reality, aren't these just dance parties? They try and make it sound so much more than that and I have to LOL.

I'm also very interested in the reaction to Guardians in the American Gardens Theater. Are they going to dance to music? Sing the music? I'm not sure what this really entails. Just another dance party but the actors on stage? lol Will guests cringe and hate it? Love it? Personally I'd have thrown them in front of the shuttered Energy pavilion before the Gardens theater but I can see why they'd put it there.

Entertainment seems to be such a mess. IMHO. Who runs these things? Money should be going to real acts and true entertainment. Put more characters out as meet and greets. I don't necessarily mind a dance party, out of the way, but ugh .... (and yes I know, I'm not at all the target audience for this, which is also a bit annoying as it seems to be dance parties geared towards the toddlers, and again, they have their place too, but enough ...)

Again, dance parties can have their place. It's a chance to see the characters being a bit more free from a regular meet and greet and gives a little bit of the 'roaming' feel again, but they shouldn't be promoting these things as the main draws to these marketing campaigns. JMO.

hpyhnt 1000

Again, dance parties can have their place. It's a chance to see the characters being a bit more free from a regular meet and greet and gives a little bit of the 'roaming' feel again, but they shouldn't be promoting these things as the main draws to these marketing campaigns. JMO.

Exactly. And too often these dance things come at the expense of an area's ambiance or other more appropriately themed entertainment. Does anyone really enjoy listening to a trying-too-hard-to-be-cool DJ screaming in the MK Hub, or hearing Taylor Swift reverberate into CoP? Not too thrilled about Guardians presumably in World Showcase, although arguably there's been worse stuff put on display there (Barbie back in the day anyone)? And Dinoland is such a weak area overall that a dance party is the least of its problems.

Adding to the annoyance is the knowledge that WDW Entertainment CAN put out some great shows - the Muppets in Liberty Square, the most recent slate of castle stage shows, a number of acts in Epcot and Animal Kingdom. Give us more things like that, not over-hyped dance parties.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Exactly. And too often these dance things come at the expense of an area's ambiance or other more appropriately themed entertainment. Does anyone really enjoy listening to a trying-too-hard-to-be-cool DJ screaming in the MK Hub, or hearing Taylor Swift reverberate into CoP? Not too thrilled about Guardians presumably in World Showcase, although arguably there's been worse stuff put on display there (Barbie back in the day anyone)? And Dinoland is such a weak area overall that a dance party is the least of its problems.

Adding to the annoyance is the knowledge that WDW Entertainment CAN put out some great shows - the Muppets in Liberty Square, the most recent slate of castle stage shows, a number of acts in Epcot and Animal Kingdom. Give us more things like that, not over-hyped dance parties.

But... but... DANCING!!! MAGIC!!! CUPCAKES!!!!!!!

MrPromey

Well I guess I'm in the minority here, as I love the Incredibles. It's actually my favorite Disney movie and especially excited to see Edna Mode. I'll be checking it out for my end of August trip.

This is the part that kind of confuses me. It feels to me like they've been doing the Incredibles dance party in Tomorrowland thing for years now. the only thing I'm seeing here that seems like it will be different is the addition of an Edna character and advertising to promote the movie being strung up around Tomorrowland. Am I missing something?

wannabeBelle

I'm also very interested in the reaction to Guardians in the American Gardens Theater. Are they going to dance to music? Sing the music? I'm not sure what this really entails. Just another dance party but the actors on stage? lol Will guests cringe and hate it? Love it? Personally I'd have thrown them in front of the shuttered Energy pavilion before the Gardens theater but I can see why they'd put it there.

Entertainment seems to be such a mess. IMHO. Who runs these things? Money should be going to real acts and true entertainment. .
Curiously the initial announcement of this event said it was going to be a live band. The last information on the Disney Blog. I believe it was yesterday's edition, said that music would be playing but no mention of a band. Thoughts?? Marie

wdrive

This is the part that kind of confuses me. It feels to me like they've been doing the Incredibles dance party in Tomorrowland thing for years now. the only thing I'm seeing here that seems like it will be different is the addition of an Edna character and advertising to promote the movie being strung up around Tomorrowland. Am I missing something?

It was cut a few months back, it had been running for a few years before that.

Kman101

Curiously the initial announcement of this event said it was going to be a live band. The last information on the Disney Blog. I believe it was yesterday's edition, said that music would be playing but no mention of a band. Thoughts?? Marie

Not sure what to make of it. Doesn't at all sound like a live band anymore but I guess there still could be. Almost sounds like Star Lord and Gamora singing to each other songs from the movies. lol. I really don't know what to make of it.

And to the above posts about the Incredibles dance party in Tomorrowland. Interesting that they'd cut it a few months back (replaced with a generic, character free one I believe) only to promote it a few months later. Probably was cut with the intention of promoting it later. Will Edna be a foam head walk around or will she be on the screen?

disnyfan89

I can't pull up youtube at work but I'd look to the Gamora and Starlord dance/show/event that happens in front of Gotg:MB for an idea of what to expect over at Epcot.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well I guess I'm in the minority here, as I love the Incredibles. It's actually my favorite Disney movie and especially excited to see Edna Mode. I'll be checking it out for my end of August trip.
Edna is going to be on screen only as far as I know.

DisneyDebRob

Nope, your not missing anything. Nailed it.

wannabeBelle

Well the CM's were pretty great, but this isnt a headlining type of show such as I would put in the American Gardens theatre, as there really isnt any room for dancing. This is a show I'd put on the stage behind the fountain as it has a lot of open area and tons of people walking by that area to either enter or exit the park. I hope that the show that goes into the AG is a bit more than just this. Marie

Cmdr_Crimson

Edna is going to be on screen only as far as I know.

According to the official link...https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...will-bring-new-experiences-to-all-four-parks/
The Incredibles Take Over Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom Park – Guests can party with Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible, and Frozone from Disney•Pixar’s “The Incredibles” and the soon-to-be blockbuster “Incredibles 2.” Edna Mode, the greatest superhero costume designer, will also make her debut appearance. Each evening, guests can enjoy a “SUPER” dance party on the Rocket Tower Stage. [NOTE: Disney•Pixar’s “Incredibles 2” opens in theaters June 15, 2018.]

Granted she was also a part of the Incredibles dance party via the screen at the beginning of the dance party...

Biff215

According to the official link...https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...will-bring-new-experiences-to-all-four-parks/
The Incredibles Take Over Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom Park – Guests can party with Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible, and Frozone from Disney•Pixar’s “The Incredibles” and the soon-to-be blockbuster “Incredibles 2.” Edna Mode, the greatest superhero costume designer, will also make her debut appearance. Each evening, guests can enjoy a “SUPER” dance party on the Rocket Tower Stage. [NOTE: Disney•Pixar’s “Incredibles 2” opens in theaters June 15, 2018.]

Granted she was also a part of the Incredibles dance party via the screen at the beginning of the dance party...

I agree, if she’s making her “debut”, I had assumed that was as an actual character.

I also assumed GotG was going to the fountain stage. Is it really confirmed for the AG theater? FW is bad enough, that would be a travesty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom