Date night in Disney?!?!

Bri1121

Original Poster
We are traveling in August with our kids and some extra family members. My mom being one of them said we could leave the kids with her one night so dh and I could go out. I dont even know where to begin. I have only planned disney for kids!! Any ideas? Suggestions? Tips? I was thinking Epcot might be our best place but we are totally open!!

bmarkelon

We get a date night during our August trip too! We chose California Grill, it's actually an anniversary date too! It's fabulous and you've got Magic Kingdom views. Another great choice would be Narcoossee's at Grand Floridian, gorgeous setting on the lake in the back of the resort and amazing food! What if you chose one of the signature restaurants for dinner and then hopped on the monorail to walk Epcot a little after? Not sure which I would pick in Epcot besides Le Cellier or Chefs de France (I hear great things).
I just have to say that the signature restaurants on the monorail are great for a special romantic dinner date with a fabulous meal!

zurgandfriend

A few ideas pop into mind;

A romantic dinner in Bistro de Paris followed by touring the world showcase, just the two of you. Imagine being about to stop and browse.

Attend Cirque du Soleil then have dinner at the California Grill followed by Wishes as seen from the roof of the Contemporary.

Dinner at Citrico's and a tour of the monorail resorts watching wishes from the beach at the Polynesian.

Room service and some together time or pool time for that matter, just the two of you.

Bri1121

Original Poster
Wow all these ideas sound so nice!! Too bad its only one night! This is going to be a tough decision. :veryconfu

Thx for the ideas. This will be my new project!

plaz10

I second the idea of going to Grand Floridian or even Polynesian for dinner...then walking along the beach with Wishes going on at MK. EPCOT is also great for a stroll around WS trying different drinks at every country.

MillerPoppins

Take another vote for California Grill! That's where we had our date night last time and it was wonderful! We had the private dining room, the food & server were fantastic! And of course the views. And then we walked out on the observation deck to watch the fireworks over the "World". The music is piped in and you can take your drinks out there. Although a walk on the Poly Beach sounds wonderful too. Maybe both?? Have fun!!! :animwink:

NiarrNDisney

Heres 4 thoughts:

1) The Boardwalk comes to mind! Start there, make an ADR at one of the great restaurants located at any of the Epcot resorts, later have a drink at a lounge (may I suggest blue zoo @ the Dolphin its dim lit and romanticly hip) then party the night away at JellyRolls or dance you tail off at the Atlantic Dance Hall.

2) If DTD is more your thing do what I just did back in January, have dinner at the Turf Club then take a short walk around the lake over to the Marketplace and have desert at Goofy's Candy Co. (any lakeside seat will do for enjoying your treats liked the huge chocolate covered strawberries), shop a little around the stores in the Marketplace, then take a trip over to Fuego (Pleasure Island) for a few drinks then wander around and see what other entertainment is availible on Pleasure Island and the Westside. (if the Turf Club doesnt strike your fancy consider any of the many other dining locals in DTD)

3) Have dinner at AKL (I'm a fan of all but for a date night consider Sanna) or CSR (Maya Grill is wonderful) then have a drink at either Victoria Falls (AKL Oh and don't for get to check out the animals) or Laguna bar (CSR consider relaxing in a hamock around Lago Dorado) then either way head to Rix Lounge @ CSR for dancing and partying till the wee hours.

4) Do you like fireworks and favor the Magic Kingdom? well then start at one of the monorail resorts for dinner then by using the variety of transportation options Monorail, Ferry, Boat, and Feet (especially between Poly and GFR) have drinks at any of the many lounges at Cont, GFR, Poly, and at some point head over to one of the beaches and check out the fireworks at MK and wait around for the Water Paegant on Seven Seas lagoon and Bay lake. (Don't forget you can take a boat back and forth between WL and any of the monorail resorts)

Hope this helps :wave:

One night during our Thanksgiving trip DS (17 year old) decided to stay at our resort (CSR) while DH and I went to Epcot to enjoy EMH. We watched the fireworks and then got a cocktail and a snack and went exploring the World Showcase...It was almost completely empty and everything was still open! It was magical!:sohappy:

Bri1121

Original Poster
All these sound fantastic!! I love the beach idea- big fan but I think we would like to do some of a park too? Dont know!!

I like maybe walking around Epcot too? Being able to slow down and check things out!

AHH! I like all the ideas, too bad its just one night. I know we will have fun no matter what!!

Mongomil

We got to do this a few years ago when my parents was there with us also. We ended up going to DTD. We showed up plenty early so this gave us a chance to walk around and do things at our pace not the kids. Once there we ate at Porobello's and then went to see the late show of Cirque du Soleil.

BrerPete

Go to Epcot. Do either Le Cellier or the new Italian place (or really any of the nice restaurants I'm just partial to steak and and Italian food). Walk around, go into the different stores (very nice new bakery in Germany run by Werthers. Stay for Illuminations. You could also subsitute going to the boarwalk area which is like a ten minute stroll (6 minute power walk) from Epcot.

Doombuggy13

I agree Epcot is the place to go. We had a "date night" on our 2009 trip and spent the entire evening at World Showcase, it was wonderful. I would not recommend Restaraunt Marrkesh (where we ate that night) unfortunately we were not fans of the quisine, but we loved the atmosphere. If I had to do it again it would be Rose and Crown for Illuminations, Chef's De France or San Angel Inn.
Regardless, enjoy your adult time, it's a totally different Disney experience.

dreamfinder

I would say Epcot, or one of the nicer restaurants at a resort. Jiko, BlueZoo, California Grill etc are all very nice choices. It depends on where you are that day and what type of dining options you want.

Disneykidder

Cali Grille during Wishes or Narcoossee during fireworks is an idea. A nice, quiet, NON-rushed stroll in World Showcase sounds nice or just hit some adult rides and have fun after dinner. Sounds wonderful. I will have to wait years until I can have a date night in Disney. Cocktail on the beach at GF while relaxing and watching the water pageant would be cool, too. HAVE FUN!!

Bri1121

Original Poster
Thank you all so much for all the information!! I truly appreciate it!

So this is what we got- Walk around Epcot and have a few drinks in different countries. We have a late (9:30) dinner reservation at California Grill. After we are heading back toward Epcot ( I know a lot of traveling but we only get one night!!) and will either hit the Boardwalk or the Bluezoo lounge since we are staying at the Dolphin! I like that it was mention to be dimlit and romantic!(Thx NiarrNDisney!) I think it is was we will need after a long day! :)

Thank you again!!!! :kiss:

accord99cutie

Premium Member
My DH and I would probably start our night off in MK hitting rides that we havent been able to do together in a while since having the kids (because of child swap we wont have rode any mountains together in forever, and since there are 4 of us, we will be split up on most rides, one with each kiddo). After our fun round, we would hit our romance round and go to dinner at Citricos or Cali Grill. Then after dinner we would hit our "memories" round... (hey, gotta stick with the years theme!!) and monorail over to Epcot for hopefully an EMH evening, or atleast to end the evening with Illuminations! with a drink in hand. We would definitely take advantage of having time to go to the parks with just the two of us!!!

Bri1121

Original Poster
My DH and I would probably start our night off in MK hitting rides that we havent been able to do together in a while since having the kids (because of child swap we wont have rode any mountains together in forever, and since there are 4 of us, we will be split up on most rides, one with each kiddo). After our fun round, we would hit our romance round and go to dinner at Citricos or Cali Grill. Then after dinner we would hit our "memories" round... (hey, gotta stick with the years theme!!) and monorail over to Epcot for hopefully an EMH evening, or atleast to end the evening with Illuminations! with a drink in hand. We would definitely take advantage of having time to go to the parks with just the two of us!!!

That was our hardest decision!! Do we do rides or what we chose it was quite back and forth. But since this time we have some family with us we know that we will be able to do the baby swap and get on some together! We too are a family of 4! I have to say it was much harder then I thought to plan one night to ourselves!

EvilQueen-T

start around 4-5pm with a ride or two you might not do with your kids at epcot, a few drinks at la cava, walk world show case, head to citricos for dinner and fireworks from the beach or california grill to have dinner and watch wishes from the rooftop. end the evening at raglan road at dtd or atlantic dance hall or jellyrolls on the boardwalk. or maybe a carriage ride at one of the resorts. or a dinner then a private boat ride to watch wishes.

jim1051

depends what you like but dinner and or dessert at Raglan road and some good Irish music would work.

Second choice is narcoossee's and a boat ride on the lake during fireworks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom