DashHaber's Imagineering Toybox

Twilight_Roxas

Since Disney owns 20th Century Studios while closing Blue Sky Studios have you ever thought about attractions like Anastasia in Fantasyland using the trackless engine like Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast, a Epic theme attraction, and a attraction or overlay or Disneyland event theme to Percy Jackson and the Olympians the latter getting a Disney+ series?

DashHaber

Original Poster
Since Disney owns 20th Century Studios while closing Blue Sky Studios have you ever thought about attractions like Anastasia in Fantasyland using the trackless engine like Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast, a Epic theme attraction, and a attraction or overlay or Disneyland event theme to Percy Jackson and the Olympians the latter getting a Disney+ series?
Do you mean 20th Century Studios attractions in general, or specifically based on the more family-oriented properties? They certainly have things that could work for attractions, but my mind hadn't been leaping right to them at the moment. I could try thinking up a few ideas based on 20th Century films.

Twilight_Roxas

Just the family oriented ones unless you count Springfield & The Simpsons at Walt Disney Studios park in Paris, and other non family oriented IPs from 20th century studios like Aliens, Avatar, & any other.

DashHaber

Original Poster
Just the family oriented ones unless you count Springfield & The Simpsons at Walt Disney Studios park in Paris, and other non family oriented IPs from 20th century studios like Aliens, Avatar, & any other.
Alright. I think I may have the thoughts on 20th Century Studios in general, but I'll try to think up some attraction ideas based on their IPs.

EmFromPlanetEarth

How bout a idea of an attraction to replace primeval whirl, maybe even the adjacent finding Nemo musical with a new attraction, and replacing the dumbo clone with basically a modern tilt a whirl or a attraction similar to slinky dog spin from hkdl sdl and dlp but heavily themed. My plans would be a indoor outdoor rollercoaster based off the initial excavator plans, maybe even as a spinning coaster to pay homage to the attraction it replaced. That’s just some of my ideas

EmFromPlanetEarth

How bout a idea of an attraction to replace primeval whirl, maybe even the adjacent finding Nemo musical with a new attraction, and replacing the dumbo clone with basically a modern tilt a whirl or a attraction similar to slinky dog spin from hkdl sdl and dlp but heavily themed. My plans would be a indoor outdoor rollercoaster based off the initial excavator plans, maybe even as a spinning coaster to pay homage to the attraction it replaced. That’s just some of my ideas
Or a water coaster with a finale that crashes through a skeleton of a t rex fossil

EmFromPlanetEarth

Or a water coaster with a finale that crashes through a skeleton of a t rex fossil
A hidden grotto that has been discovered to have preserved dinousars in it that survived, and have evolved seperate from human society, the Dino institute sends you there to investigate and it ends with a finale where you escape a cave in while being chased by a descendant of the t rec

DashHaber

Original Poster
Considering the multitude of ideas you mentioned, I'll pivot a bit from just doing an attraction and instead design a land. I'll try to not just copy your own ideas that you listed, but I'll keep the focus on it being a land for Animal Kingdom centered around dinosaurs.

DashHaber

Original Poster
So, that recent stanza in SA7 about Future World pavilions got me thinking about pavilions, and I've got an idea for something. Namely, I feel like the Imagination! Pavilion has really fallen into a sorry state, so I have an idea for a pivot to replace it: a pavilion with the focus on the mind. I'd give an easy description of it as kind of a mix of the Imagination! Pavilion with the Wonders of Life Pavilion, in terms of showcasing the creative process and having an attraction with a focus on mental health. Plus, with Disney having a focus lately on putting IPs into Epcot, Inside Out would be a perfect fit for such a pavilion.

Inside the Mind

Step inside this wondrous pavilion, where your favorite characters from Inside Out help to show how the mind is a world of possibilities. Take a train ride with Bing Bong along the creative process or join the Emotions in seeing the importance of taking care of your mind. There is a lot that goes on in our heads and this pavilion can help show just how our gears are turning!

Attractions:
Train of Thought
(Dark ride)
Bing Bong is trying to find an idea to help Riley out, so hop aboard the Train of Thought and follow along this trail of creative impulses. It may be tough to figure out where to go with an idea, but one person might be able to help: Figment!

Emotional Support
(Animatronic show)
Are you ready to learn what it takes to help a mind make it through the day? Join Joy, Sadness, and the other Emotions as they help Riley through a tough day at school, demonstrating some helpful tips for mental health.

Brain Trainers
(Interactive play area)
Our brains can always use a good workout, and this fun collection of exhibits is sure to help give your mind a good chance to stretch. Express your creativity in some artistic activities or flex those mental muscles with games designed to test elements like logic reasoning and focus.

Restaurants:
Brain Food
(Quick service)
Need some fuel to help keep those mental gears turning? Take a moment to stop off in this warm and cozy café, which features a selection of treats with a focus on mental health.

Last edited:

DashHaber

Original Poster
So, here's that Dinoland USA revamp request/idea. I've decided to pivot more into the Dino Institute, reimagining most of the land as a campus space for the Dino Institute. The location where the Finding Nemo show had been is replaced by a visitor center walkthrough attraction along with a Circle-Vision 360 show, while Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama is rethemed as a small carnival designed and run by the interns at the Institute (though I've still found one place to keep Chester and Hester around). Also, I've done a name change and would envision some other slight changes to Dinosaur.

The Dino Institute
Welcome to the Dino Institute, an American research facility devoted to understanding the history of dinosaurs that is now having a special open-house event for the public! Have some fun with the games and rides at the open-house carnival, take a trip to the Visitor Center and learn a little, or even visit the research labs for an exclusive event. It’s sure to make a dinosaur fan out of anyone!

Attractions:
Prehistoric Journey
(EMV dark ride)
The Dino Institute has been hiding the most revolutionary machine behind closed doors: the Time Rover. Take part in an exclusive test drive, journeying to Earth’s past and coming face to face with the dinosaurs.

The Fossil Rattler
(Family roller coaster)
The transport rails that normally help to move fossils and supplies have now been given new life as an improvised roller coaster. Climb on and take a thrilling ride through one of the dig sites, where dinosaur fossils still wait in the rock walls around us.

Stegosaurus Stampede
(Whip ride)
With some of the transport carts and a little clever model work, the interns manning the open-house carnival have made a fun prehistoric spin on a whip ride. Sit inside a cart as your “stegosaurus” pulls you around this rocky road.

A Primeval World
(Circle-Vision 360 show)
Long before mankind was even on the planet, there was an age when dinosaurs walked the Earth. Step inside this special theater and immerse yourself into that world, following dinosaurs from their earliest days to their moment of extinction.

The Boneyard
(Playground)
The dig sites always have a network of rigs and scaffolding for safety, and it just so happens that it doubles as a perfect playground. Climb and explore around this structure for an up-close view at some reconstructed fossils or play around in the sand pit and practice your digging skills.

Fossil Funfair
(Carnival games)
Step right up and test your luck with a variety of carnival games inspired by dinosaurs and those bygone prehistoric days! It just goes to show these games never go out of style…even when they are long extinct!

Dino Institute Visitor Center
(Walkthrough)
The Dino Institute is devoted to the study of Earth’s prehistoric life, and this visitor center serves as your first steps into their knowledge. Explore the halls and learn some facts about the prehistoric eras, along with the techniques being used to unearth fossils.

Cretaceous Trails
(Walkthrough)
Across the Dino Institute grounds, students have cultivated special walking paths populated by plants that date back to the Cretaceous period. Take a moment to follow these trails, walking alongside the sort of foliage that dinosaurs had once known.

Restaurants:
Dino Institute Cafeteria
(Quick service)
Even the most dedicated researchers can get a bit hungry, so the Dino Institute has set up a top-notch cafeteria to cover those eager appetites. With a menu that focuses on signature American Southwest flavors, it gives just the right fuel for those long study days.

Diner-Saur
(Quick service)
A local diner joint has pitched in to help the open-house carnival, bringing along a menu with plenty of fast food classic like cheeseburgers and milkshakes. They’ve even got dino-shaped chicken nuggets for those feeling as hungry as a T. Rex!

Trilo-Bites
(Quick service)
Situated by the visitor center, this quick-service stand is ready to help new visitors to the Dino Institute who need a quick bit of fuel. Easy snacks like chips with queso or buttered popcorn can give a quick little pick-me-up as visitors enjoy the open house.

Stores:
Dino Institute Store
As a way to help raise funds for further research, the Dino Institute offers a store that sells all sorts of goods. Whether it is apparel baring the Dino Institute’s logo or helpful books about dinosaurs, you can be sure that any purchase here will help their fine work.

Chester and Hester’s Dino-Mart
Not one to miss a moneymaking opportunity, local gas station owners Chester and Hester have eagerly joined the carnival as a merch stand. Step inside, and find all the finest dinosaur goods a tourist trap could scrounge up!

EmFromPlanetEarth

So, here's that Dinoland USA revamp request/idea. I've decided to pivot more into the Dino Institute, reimagining most of the land as a campus space for the Dino Institute. The location where the Finding Nemo show had been is replaced by a visitor center walkthrough attraction along with a Circle-Vision 360 show, while Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama is rethemed as a small carnival designed and run by the interns at the Institute (though I've still found one place to keep Chester and Hester around). Also, I've done a name change and would envision some other slight changes to Dinosaur.

The Dino Institute
Welcome to the Dino Institute, an American research facility devoted to understanding the history of dinosaurs that is now having a special open-house event for the public! Have some fun with the games and rides at the open-house carnival, take a trip to the Visitor Center and learn a little, or even visit the research labs for an exclusive event. It’s sure to make a dinosaur fan out of anyone!

Attractions:
Prehistoric Journey
(EMV dark ride)
The Dino Institute has been hiding the most revolutionary machine behind closed doors: the Time Rover. Take part in an exclusive test drive, journeying to Earth’s past and coming face to face with the dinosaurs.

The Fossil Rattler
(Family roller coaster)
The transport rails that normally help to move fossils and supplies have now been given new life as an improvised roller coaster. Climb on and take a thrilling ride through one of the dig sites, where dinosaur fossils still wait in the rock walls around us.

Stegosaurus Stampede
(Whip ride)
With some of the transport carts and a little clever model work, the interns manning the open-house carnival have made a fun prehistoric spin on a whip ride. Sit inside a cart as your “stegosaurus” pulls you around this rocky road.

A Primeval World
(Circle-Vision 360 show)
Long before mankind was even on the planet, there was an age when dinosaurs walked the Earth. Step inside this special theater and immerse yourself into that world, following dinosaurs from their earliest days to their moment of extinction.

The Boneyard
(Playground)
The dig sites always have a network of rigs and scaffolding for safety, and it just so happens that it doubles as a perfect playground. Climb and explore around this structure for an up-close view at some reconstructed fossils or play around in the sand pit and practice your digging skills.

Fossil Funfair
(Carnival games)
Step right up and test your luck with a variety of carnival games inspired by dinosaurs and those bygone prehistoric days! It just goes to show these games never go out of style…even when they are long extinct!

Dino Institute Visitor Center
(Walkthrough)
The Dino Institute is devoted to the study of Earth’s prehistoric life, and this visitor center serves as your first steps into their knowledge. Explore the halls and learn some facts about the prehistoric eras, along with the techniques being used to unearth fossils.

Cretaceous Trails
(Walkthrough)
Across the Dino Institute grounds, students have cultivated special walking paths populated by plants that date back to the Cretaceous period. Take a moment to follow these trails, walking alongside the sort of foliage that dinosaurs had once known.

Restaurants:
Dino Institute Cafeteria
(Quick service)
Even the most dedicated researchers can get a bit hungry, so the Dino Institute has set up a top-notch cafeteria to cover those eager appetites. With a menu that focuses on signature American Southwest flavors, it gives just the right fuel for those long study days.

Diner-Saur
(Quick service)
A local diner joint has pitched in to help the open-house carnival, bringing along a menu with plenty of fast food classic like cheeseburgers and milkshakes. They’ve even got dino-shaped chicken nuggets for those feeling as hungry as a T. Rex!

Trilo-Bites
(Quick service)
Situated by the visitor center, this quick-service stand is ready to help new visitors to the Dino Institute who need a quick bit of fuel. Easy snacks like chips with queso or buttered popcorn can give a quick little pick-me-up as visitors enjoy the open house.

Stores:
Dino Institute Store
As a way to help raise funds for further research, the Dino Institute offers a store that sells all sorts of goods. Whether it is apparel baring the Dino Institute’s logo or helpful books about dinosaurs, you can be sure that any purchase here will help their fine work.

Chester and Hester’s Dino-Mart
Not one to miss a moneymaking opportunity, local gas station owners Chester and Hester have eagerly joined the carnival as a merch stand. Step inside, and find all the finest dinosaur goods a tourist trap could scrounge up!
Nice, this isnpired me to make an idea for a gravity falls themed retheme of dinoland, it would fit perfectly with the tourist trap astethic

DashHaber

Original Poster
Crash Bandicoot’s Ripper Rapids
(River rapids ride)
Coco’s plans for a relaxing river tour have been upended by the nefarious Dr. Neo Cortex, who’s torn up the rivers with his fiendish laboratory. Join Crash Bandicoot and stop the mad doctor, in a river journey with more twists and turns than his signature spin attack!

Among the jungle scenery, guests notice a bit of a ramshackle wooden building that's been cobbled together. As they approach, there is a sign that advertises BANDICOOT RIVER TOURS. Stepping inside, guests find the front lobby of a boat tour company with a warm atmosphere. A picture of Coco Bandicoot and her brother Crash Bandicoot hangs on the wall, along with a poster welcoming guests for a relaxing tour along the jungle river. However, the front desk has a note that says TEMPORARILY CLOSED. Heading deeper in, we pass by crates filled with Wumpa Fruit and a large map showing a river system. Several Xes are marked on it though, as if those spots were closed away. It's then that we pass by an enclosed area where Coco Bandicoot (an animatronic figure) sits at her laptop. She apologizes for the tours being closed, but Dr. Neo Cortex has set up a toxic factory that's been damaging the river system. She invites us to still go, though, if we want to help out her brother Crash in stopping this factory. With that, we head towards the loading docks, where we find our circular river rafts waiting. We also hear Aku Aku offering important safety information, as we climb aboard and leave the dock.

Coasting down the river, we pass by Crash Bandicoot who appears to be looking for something. We find out what he's looking for soon enough when we face a fork in the river, only for one path to be blocked off by some metal plates installed by scientist underlings. We're sent off-course along a river rapid full of turns, as Crash does battle with the scientists. We even nearly crash into their boat filled with TNT boxes, causing explosive bursts of water near us. We manage to get away, only to find the real danger: Dr. Neo Cortex's factory. As we head up the conveyor track, Dr. Cortex taunts us and Crash about how we will fall into our doom. With that, we enter the factory, which is filled with all sorts of nasty machines (some of which work to spray us with bursts of water). Crash is caught up in some of these machines, but he jumps and weaves around them. Then, we come face to face with a giant robot poised to attack us as Dr. Cortex pilots its controls. However, he's distracted by Crash performing his signature spin attack atop the control room. As Dr. Cortex yells at him to stop, we head down the big drop of the ride and avoid the robot. Exiting the factory with a big splash, we find Crash standing triumphant over Dr. Cortex, who glares as he's stuck halfway into a beach. With that, we pass Coco who thanks us for our help, as we head to the unloading dock and disembark from our river raft.

DashHaber

Original Poster
So, I've been thinking of potential attractions for that request of some attractions inspired by 20th Century family films. One such movie I've been thinking about is The Book of Life, but I thought I'd ask some opinions about it.

You see, I've been thinking of something that could lean into the more irreverent adventure feel in that movie. Instead of a "book report" ride, it would be about guests being treated to a trip through supernatural worlds courtesy of La Muerte and Xibalba. Of course, Xibalba makes a wager with La Muerte about whether we can make it through the trip, leading him to throw in some curveballs for our trip.

Part of me was thinking of a family coaster with some dark ride elements, but a simulator would make for an easy way to really give that feel of flying across the Land of the Remembered and the Land of the Forgotten. Does anyone have some opinions on the matter?

DashHaber

Original Poster
Here's one of those 20th Century ideas. Just for clarification, this is based on the 2009 Wes Anderson film Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Mr. Fox’s Fantastic Caper
(Dark ride)
Boggis, Bunce, and Bean have devised an impressive and dangerous security system, but that won’t stop the fantastic Mr. Fox. Join the adventurous fox in his latest daring caper, but watch out: those three farmers won’t hesitate to do anything to stop you in your tracks!

Awaiting guests is a large green hill topped by a tree baring autumn-colored leaves (an effect furthered by forced perspective). Stepping in through a hole in the hill's side, guests enter the queue. The dirt hallway first brings them through a living room, solidly furnished for an underground dwelling. Pictures of Mr. Fox and his family adorn the walls, along with a neighborhood map listing the dwellings of nearby animals. Heading deeper in, guests pass through an office that seems to double as a heist-planning space. Schematics are on the desk along with a variety of bandit masks, and a map of some neighboring farms hang on the wall. The ones marked Boggis and Bunce are crossed off, while a circle remains around the one marked Bean. Guests pass through one last hallway, reaching the unloading area. Finding a red and yellow checked jalopy awaiting, guests hop inside and take a turn through some crash doors in a hole.

Emerging into some woods, we find Mr. Fox, Ash Fox, and Kylie (an opossum) as Mr. Fox reminds them of their plan. We zoom along the tall grass until we reach the exterior of the electric fence. Weaving through an opening, we pass the exterior of a henhouse as we hear Mr. Fox and his pals grabbing some chickens. Passing by a kennel, we drive into a cider room. Jars of cider are all around, but as Kylie grabs a bottle, an alarm sounds. We've been discovered! We speed through a door, only to find Boggis, Bunce, and Bean waiting with their rifles! We turn out of their way, but find guard dogs awaiting us. It's a mad dash as the dogs chase us along with Mr. Fox and his gang, but Ash is able to help set off the traps in the yard to mess them up. One of those traps nearly catches us, but we bust through the walls of the wooden box as we find Bunce snagged in a trap while Boggis and Bean are corned by the rampaging guard dogs. We zoom past the electric fence (seeing Kylie and Mr. Fox shocked as they desperately climb over), but manage to escape the security systems. We head into a hole in the hillside, where we find Mr. Fox and his friends gathered around a grand feast from the stolen farm goods. As Mr. Fox delivers his iconic whistle with a toast, we leave their dinner as we reach the unloading area and exit our jalopy.

Disney Dad 3000

So, I've been thinking of potential attractions for that request of some attractions inspired by 20th Century family films. One such movie I've been thinking about is The Book of Life, but I thought I'd ask some opinions about it.

You see, I've been thinking of something that could lean into the more irreverent adventure feel in that movie. Instead of a "book report" ride, it would be about guests being treated to a trip through supernatural worlds courtesy of La Muerte and Xibalba. Of course, Xibalba makes a wager with La Muerte about whether we can make it through the trip, leading him to throw in some curveballs for our trip.

Part of me was thinking of a family coaster with some dark ride elements, but a simulator would make for an easy way to really give that feel of flying across the Land of the Remembered and the Land of the Forgotten. Does anyone have some opinions on the matter?

Fun fact. Writer/performer of this song played at my wedding (this was before they got married and the song/movie release). My brother played with him in college and toured with him after college and later with he and his wife.

DashHaber

Original Poster
So, yesterday's chatter about Universal did get me thinking a little about the subject of lands. Universal doesn't exactly have a core set of lands to it like the Disney castle parks, so in a way there is a bit more variety to exactly what sorts of lands you could put in. Well, I've done a little thinking on the topic and I have a few stray thoughts:
  • I like USF's approach of starting off with Production Central, but I feel like you could lean more into the "behind the scenes" idea with it. So, I could see the Hollywood Backlot. Much like how Main Street USA works as a slightly more grounded space before stepping into the grand fantasies throughout a Disney castle park, this would have the look of a bustling studio backlot, serving as a good transition space before guests enter the world of the movies.
  • Horror has always been a part of Universal's legacy, so I'd love to see something embracing that legacy. While Universal definitely has plenty of horror classics over the years (The Thing and Jaws leaps to mind, along with some of the more notable Blumhouse films), probably the most accessible IP to use for land theming would be the classic Universal Monsters, perhaps calling this Gothic landscape the Monster Hills.
  • For a more kid-friendly area, Universal has some solid options. Illumination is quickly recognizable thanks to Despicable Me, but DreamWorks Animation offers a ton of options (from movies to TV shows to even the old Jay Ward cartoons). Personally, I'd lean more general and go with an animation-devoted land known as Cartooniversal.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom