Dark theme?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Nice but maybe too monotone? Not introducing enough contrast and color in the design makes the images, memes, videos, ads that do have contrast and color leap off the page. (hurts the eyes) I think it's a good start but there might need to be a larger range of grays to blacks and maybe just a pop of classic WDWmagic blue for visual interest and to break up the drab monotones, IMO. Good for nighttime viewing but as a "style" option it kinda lacks any, style that is. Just my .2 cents. But hey... you know what they say about opinions!

VJ

Original Poster
Nice but maybe too monotone? Not introducing enough contrast and color in the design makes the images, memes, videos, ads that do have contrast and color leap off the page. (hurts the eyes) I think it's a good start but there might need to be a larger range of grays to blacks and maybe just a pop of classic WDWmagic blue for visual interest and to break up the drab monotones, IMO. Good for nighttime viewing but as a "style" option it kinda lacks any, style that is. Just my .2 cents. But hey... you know what they say about opinions!
I do agree that blue as an accent color would be nice (and would honestly look really cool). I also agree that the pops of color are distracting and could be remedied by a bit more color in the theme.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The difference between read and unread seems better now.

And, sorry, but a new request... any way to make links distinguished from normal text. E.g.,...

VJ

Original Poster
Another nitpick/suggestion: is there a way to better differentiate links from regular text in dark mode? On my screen, it's very hard to tell links from text apart.
Example: link and text

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
My eyes approve of the new Dark Mode, and thank you for it! It will take some getting used to as compared with the dimmed mode I've been using for quite a while, but maybe some slight color differentiators would help that? I'm not a UI guy, so this is just thinking out loud.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom