Daredevil Cancelled

LSLS

So finished season 2 of Punisher today. If Disney said no to shortening seasons, I'm upset with them. I liked it, but it was too long. There was just a bit too many side plots going on for me, and it never really felt like they all came together. I think 2-3 less would have been great.

That said, if Disney ever does anything again with Punisher (I know it's probably a pipe dream), there is nobody close to Bernthal. Dude is ridiculously perfect in this role. Also, the guy that played Russo is just a ridiculous actor. He was so good, and so believable in everything. I wasn't really a fan at how he was used in this season, but man was he good.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
So finished season 2 of Punisher today. If Disney said no to shortening seasons, I'm upset with them. I liked it, but it was too long. There was just a bit too many side plots going on for me, and it never really felt like they all came together. I think 2-3 less would have been great.

That said, if Disney ever does anything again with Punisher (I know it's probably a pipe dream), there is nobody close to Bernthal. Dude is ridiculously perfect in this role. Also, the guy that played Russo is just a ridiculous actor. He was so good, and so believable in everything. I wasn't really a fan at how he was used in this season, but man was he good.
I am on Episode 10 and honestly, I just want it to be over with. I am glad the shows got cancelled at this point. I like Berenthal as Castle, but that's the only redeeming quality of this otherwise awful season.

seascape

I am on Episode 10 and honestly, I just want it to be over with. I am glad the shows got cancelled at this point. I like Berenthal as Castle, but that's the only redeeming quality of this otherwise awful season.
I really enjoyed all the shows and rather than cutting down the number of show I would have liked more. I am not upset with Disney at all for refusing to cut the number of shows but am dropping Netflix.

The thing that gets me is that HBO used to say they didn't care if you watched all these shows or not, what they wanted was shows that you would pay for. I would have paid for the Marvel Shows but they can say good bye to lots of Marvel fans I know. The analysts that think losing Disney, Marvel and Pixar will not cost them customers don't get it. They told me they don't care about me. I don't go to a few restaurants anymore that dropped my favorite dish and I won't pay a company a penny if they drop shows because they are mad at who produced them.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I really enjoyed all the shows and rather than cutting down the number of show I would have liked more. I am not upset with Disney at all for refusing to cut the number of shows but am dropping Netflix.

The thing that gets me is that HBO used to say they didn't care if you watched all these shows or not, what they wanted was shows that you would pay for. I would have paid for the Marvel Shows but they can say good bye to lots of Marvel fans I know. The analysts that think losing Disney, Marvel and Pixar will not cost them customers don't get it. They told me they don't care about me. I don't go to a few restaurants anymore that dropped my favorite dish and I won't pay a company a penny if they drop shows because they are mad at who produced them.
I think you may be in the minority. The Marvel roster was a total mess. Netflix is better off getting those huge production costs off the books IMO.

seascape

I think you may be in the minority. The Marvel roster was a total mess. Netflix is better off getting those huge production costs off the books IMO.

9.99 a month is 199.90 a year for each customer they lose. IMO, I believe they will regret the decision. They not only have to worry about losing all the Disney stuff but Comcast and Warner Brothers. I also strongly believe that their own content is not enough with all they are losing to not lose customers. The only question is how many.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
9.99 a month is 199.90 a year for each customer they lose. IMO, I believe they will regret the decision. They not only have to worry about losing all the Disney stuff but Comcast and Warner Brothers. I also strongly believe that their own content is not enough with all they are losing to not lose customers. The only question is how many.
🧐

Math might be a tad off there. Regardless. Agree to disagree.

LSLS

Look, I loved the first season of Punisher, but they are correct in the thought that it wasn't the reason we had Netflix, and it won't be the reason we leave Netflix (if/when it happens), especially with how drawn out the seasons of all the shows feel to me. Netflix has the numbers. I honestly didn't even know Netflix had Marvel shows til it randomly popped up in my recs. My guess is they probably didn't see anyincrease in subscriptions with all they did (and again, loved the first season punisher, and would LOVE to see it back for season 3 with a few less episodes).

We will see what their loses are. The burden is on Disney to steal me. 3 Marvel movies a year (which we probably buy anyways) aren't enough to make me to head for the Disney streaming. And while I'm not happy to lose the Marvel shows, PG versions of the Netflix shows certainly isn't stealing me (if done at all). I haven't seen what all is being offered, but nothing has made me jump up and count the days to subscription yet.

seascape

Look, I loved the first season of Punisher, but they are correct in the thought that it wasn't the reason we had Netflix, and it won't be the reason we leave Netflix (if/when it happens), especially with how drawn out the seasons of all the shows feel to me. Netflix has the numbers. I honestly didn't even know Netflix had Marvel shows til it randomly popped up in my recs. My guess is they probably didn't see anyincrease in subscriptions with all they did (and again, loved the first season punisher, and would LOVE to see it back for season 3 with a few less episodes).

We will see what their loses are. The burden is on Disney to steal me. 3 Marvel movies a year (which we probably buy anyways) aren't enough to make me to head for the Disney streaming. And while I'm not happy to lose the Marvel shows, PG versions of the Netflix shows certainly isn't stealing me (if done at all). I haven't seen what all is being offered, but nothing has made me jump up and count the days to subscription yet.
Your right. Its 119.99 a year. It is still a lot of money even though I currently have a triple play package at 2 homes and could easily afford it. In fact by fall I will be down to two high speed internet offerings, one FIOS and one Optimum. Then on top of that I will subscribe to Hulu with live TV, Disney plus, to go along with Amazon Prime. I will save lots of money so the reason for dropping Netflix is because they said ... you to me. If they wanted me they would have kept shows I wanted.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Your right. Its 119.99 a year. It is still a lot of money even though I currently have a triple play package at 2 homes and could easily afford it. In fact by fall I will be down to two high speed internet offerings, one FIOS and one Optimum. Then on top of that I will subscribe to Hulu with live TV, Disney plus, to go along with Amazon Prime. I will save lots of money so the reason for dropping Netflix is because they said ... you to me. If they wanted me they would have kept shows I wanted.
But are people like you in the majority ?
Dont forget some territories such as UK dont have all the options you do. Its Netflix or Prime here.

seascape

But are people like you in the majority ?
Dont forget some territories such as UK dont have all the options you do. Its Netflix or Prime here.
I am not saying I am in the majority. In fact I hope I am not because if I were Netflix would be out of business and I don't want to see them go under. But if 10% of their customers were upset at their shows being dropped it will cost them much more than what these shows cost.

Think of it this way. Disney plus is not for everyone. Disney has Hulu for more adult programming, ESPN plus for sports fans both to go along with Disney Plus. I do not think I am going to subscribe to ESPN plus and if I could get Hulu with live TV minus sports I probably would. I used to be a season ticket holder to the NJ Devils but due to the fact they went up to crazy levels I gave them up. Sports tickets are too high and athletes get paid too much.

Anders Limpar

I think I've watched about 5 episodes of Punisher. Does it get better? I really haven't been impressed with the story so far. Berenthal is awesome though.

mary2013

I am not saying I am in the majority. In fact I hope I am not because if I were Netflix would be out of business and I don't want to see them go under. But if 10% of their customers were upset at their shows being dropped it will cost them much more than what these shows cost.

I don't remember where I read it, but I think Netflix realized that most of the Marvel fans would sign up just to watch the shows when they were released, and then drop the service until the next show releases. So they weren't keeping those customers anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom