Dangerous state of the Imagination Pavilion

Miss Heinous

Original Poster
Journey Into Imagination and Captain EO have been falling deeper and deeper into disrepair.

Captain EO's ceiling nearly collapsed this summer during operation hours; Journey's ride system is beginning to fail and the tires within the track are so loud in certain scenes that you cannot hear the ride audio. The ceiling panels in the break rooms and certain guest areas are infested with mold and they are not allowed to be replaced because it simply isn't in the budget. It's getting to the point where a remodel will be required not because of the quality of show, but because of guest safety.

I wish TDO would just fix this, because it's getting incredibly ridiculous. It is a slap in the face for the cast members working the venue and the guests paying (a lot mind you) for a building that is quite literally falling apart.

FigmentForver96

Journey Into Imagination and Captain EO have been falling deeper and deeper into disrepair.

Captain EO's ceiling nearly collapsed this summer during operation hours; Journey's ride system is beginning to fail and the tires within the track are so loud in certain scenes that you cannot hear the ride audio. The ceiling panels in the break rooms and certain guest areas are infested with mold and they are not allowed to be replaced because it simply isn't in the budget. It's getting to point where a remodel will be required not because of the quality of show, but because of guest safety.

I wish TDO would just fix this, because it's getting incredibly ridiculous. It is a slap in the face for the cast members working the venue and the guests paying (a lot mind you) for a building that is quite literally falling apart.
Do we have pictures of the roof in EO.

Bairstow

Might be intentional- Maybe some senior member of management wants to have the ride replaced, but knows there will never be money approved for a replacement, so they're intentionally letting the building and ride hardware degrade to the point that a lengthy and expensive refurb OR complete replacement becomes necessary. In this way, it's a passive-aggressive way for the TDO bureaucracy to force itself to upgrade, change, or close the ride.

disney4life2008

If either or both go offline, there will be nothing left. Given soarin is offline in early 2016 the park is empty. Alot of hope is being placed on frozen in world showcase but frozen frenzy seems to slowly be decreasing. Epcot needs a dark ride, i guest that would be frozen.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
If either or both go offline, there will be nothing left. Given soarin is offline in early 2016 the park is empty. Alot of hope is being placed on frozen in world showcase but frozen frenzy seems to slowly be decreasing. Epcot needs a dark ride, i guest that would be frozen.
Or...Spaceship Earth and the 45 minute long Universe of Energy, both of which are operating. Or the boat ride in the Land. Or Nemo. And all of that is in Futureworld.

:rolleyes:

alissafalco

Captain EO's ceiling nearly collapsed this summer during operation hours; Journey's ride system is beginning to fail and the tires within the track are so loud in certain scenes that you cannot hear the ride audio. The ceiling panels in the break rooms and certain guest areas are infested with mold and they are not allowed to be replaced because it simply isn't in the budget. It's getting to the point where a remodel will be required not because of the quality of show, but because of guest safety.

:eek::eek:

copcarguyp71

This falls into the thread 'what would Walt be outraged about'. If this is true how embarrassing! For a multi-billion dollar company.

Why wash and primp the cow when the udders still produce plentiful milk? Seriously, when will we learn that not going is the only real answer. As long as the theme parks are producing revenue then nothing will change and we really have no one to blame except the person in the mirror...

Not directed at you POLY LOVER in particular...just felt like the right time to add on my statement. We keep going and then posting "this and that were awful" but....we do keep going so in essence we (the fanbois) are the ones as much to blame for the condition of the parks as management.

Jeff456

Why wash and primp the cow when the udders still produce plentiful milk? Seriously, when will we learn that not going is the only real answer. As long as the theme parks are producing revenue then nothing will change and we really have no one to blame except the person in the mirror...

Not directed at you POLY LOVER in particular...just felt like the right time to add on my statement. We keep going and then posting "this and that were awful" but....we do keep going so in essence we (the fanbois) are the ones as much to blame for the condition of the parks as management.
Completely understand what you are saying but we are in the minority here.. Not going could also have an adverse effect cutting back on budgets further reducing show quality.
Surely it's better to highlight what is wrong and then hope that TDO do everything they can to fix those problems.
Disney still keeps their parks in great condition Considering they must be Open for 60-70% of all the hours in the entire year. I know show quality used to be higher bit maybe a change in management gradually will bring that back.

copcarguyp71

Completely understand what you are saying but we are in the minority here.. Not going could also have an adverse effect cutting back on budgets further reducing show quality.
Surely it's better to highlight what is wrong and then hope that TDO do everything they can to fix those problems.
Disney still keeps their parks in great condition Considering they must be Open for 60-70% of all the hours in the entire year. I know show quality used to be higher bit maybe a change in management gradually will bring that back.

I can see your point of view as someone of 25...I however am 44 and have seen the park in the 70's 90's and 2000's....while I share your optimism I doubt it will happen. WDW is as much a slave to the board and stockholders as any other big business company and every year that passes since the Disney family lost their influence is another year of homogenization of the dream...I hate to sound so cynical but with a few more years under me it is what time has wrought :oops:

Jeff456

I can see your point of view as someone of 25...I however am 44 and have seen the park in the 70's 90's and 2000's....while I share your optimism I doubt it will happen. WDW is as much a slave to the board and stockholders as any other big business company and every year that passes since the Disney family lost their influence is another year of homogenization of the dream...I hate to sound so cynical but with a few more years under me it is what time has wrought :oops:
I agree I am sure it has continually deteriorated, I do remember Disney world quite vividly from the late 90s early 2000s and I know things were better then and I can imagine they were better before that as you say.
If you want to see how bad things could be go to Disneyland Paris it's embarrassing, despite it being just over an hour away from. Me by air or very much driveable I don't like going there as it makes me sad the difference between show quality there and at Disney world.
I wonder if with increased pressure from universal (which looks better every time I go) WDW management may wake up and take notice!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If you want to see how bad things could be go to Disneyland Paris it's embarrassing, despite it being just over an hour away from. Me by air or very much driveable I don't like going there as it makes me sad the difference between show quality there and at Disney world.
Take another look now. And over the next 18 months it's going to only get even better :)

POLY LOVER

I guess that is the only gauge that WDW uses. We keep going back the numbers are good and they take the fans for granted. Its just sad to see this happen to a place we love. If you live to please only Wall Street and not the fans only bad things can happen.

Jeff456

A change in management initiated by whom?
I wasn't referring to anyone specific it was more just a hope that over time as management naturally changes then those that eventually occupy those positions may feel different about allowing things like the WOL pavilion to be in the state that it's in.

rucifee

Nobody has died yet, so there is no motivation to spend money on repairs. People will continue to look past the problems and plan vacations and visit WDW because Disney pays for so much grass roots support that complaints of problems get lost behind the phony magical experiences misguiding potential visitors. Once someone dies, sadly, they will do the minimum effort of maintenance.

POLY LOVER

Nobody has died yet, so there is no motivation to spend money on repairs. People will continue to look past the problems and plan vacations and visit WDW because Disney pays for so much grass roots support that complaints of problems get lost behind the phony magical experiences misguiding potential visitors. Once someone dies, sadly, they will do the minimum effort of maintenance.

so is it like Disney gauges the risk, they look at the cost of paying out an insurance claims against the cost of repairs and as long as it is less than repairs they let it go?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom