Dangerous Heat Index and Warnings for WDW today

MissM

Original Poster
Anyone out at Disney today, please be careful! There are severe weather warnings for the heat index right now.

wdw-weather-062411.png

Yes Florida is always hot in Summer, but this is extreme even for us. 98% humidity and a feels-like of 106F/41C is enough to be a worry for anyone.

Be safe out there today!!

MissM

Original Poster
In other news, we just hit our high temperature of 60 degrees today in Boston (avg high = 80)
You guys stink! :lol: It's "only" a feels-like of 91F here in Tampa but I keep both my local and WDW weather on favorites, so when I saw that, I was like holy crap!

Oddysey

I refuse to go to the parks during the day when it is this hot. There is absolutely no fun to be had in this weather. I may go to the parks for a little while tomorrow evening, but certainly not until after about 5:00PM.

MissM

Original Poster
I refuse to go to the parks during the day when it is this hot. There is absolutely no fun to be had in this weather. I may go to the parks for a little while tomorrow evening, but certainly not until after about 5:00PM.
I hear ya. I don't go in the summer months either. Especially not in the day. It's just too darn hot.

fillerup

Yeah, it's hot, but in no way does it feel like 106. Most other sites are showing a heat index of upper 90s, which seems about right.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Anyone out at Disney today, please be careful! There are severe weather warnings for the heat index right now.

Yes Florida is always hot in Summer, but this is extreme even for us. 98% humidity and a feels-like of 106F/41C is enough to be a worry for anyone.

Be safe out there today!!
How has the smoke been in WDW as of late? It has been really bad in north Florida and was wondering if has made its way that far south.

RunnerEd

I live in central Alabama so our summer weather is about the same as central Florida; we get a little more heat and a little less humidity but our heat indices are nearly the same. Here's the forecast from now to September which might be wrong if a hurricane comes throught; it will be hot, humid, and there might be a thunderstorm in the afternoon.

MissM

Original Poster
This is normal for this time of year and for the next 3 to 4 months
I've lived in Florida for 25+ years. I know what our summers are like. But a feels-like of 106 is extreme even for us here. Feels-like in the high 90's? Sure. 106? That's insane.

Yeah, it's hot, but in no way does it feel like 106. Most other sites are showing a heat index of upper 90s, which seems about right.
That was as of 11:30ish this morning. We are due rain across West and Central Florida today so if they got rain, probably some of the heat index went down.

How has the smoke been in WDW as of late? It has been really bad in north Florida and was wondering if has made its way that far south.
I honestly can't tell ya. I haven't been to WDW since my birthday (May 16th) because of being in the hospital and my health problems right now. :(

TP2000

I've lived in Florida for 25+ years. I know what our summers are like. But a feels-like of 106 is extreme even for us here. Feels-like in the high 90's? Sure. 106? That's insane.

I lived in the South for many years and remember the hot and muggy summers well, and a 106 degree heat index is insane. I hope everyone takes it easy out there in the WDW parks!

And since we're playing the Weather Game, here in SoCal the weather has been perfectly delightful all spring and early summer. Today in Anaheim it's textbook perfect (again) here in the middle of the afternoon :eek: ;

Anaheim, California home of Disneyland USA
Friday at 1:45 PM Pacific Time
Clear Skies
Temperature: 72 Degrees
Humidity: 49%
Real Feel Temperature: 72 Degrees
Westerly Breeze, 5 MPH
Precipitation Chance: 0%

Plowboy

Florida's summer weather is precisely why we no longer come in the summer. Early on we used to come in late May or early June. Not any more. We now confine our trips to fall or early spring.

RunnerEd

Florida's summer weather is precisely why we no longer come in the summer. Early on we used to come in late May or early June. Not any more. We now confine our trips to fall or early spring.

That's very smart. When we go in July and overhear other guests complaining about the heat, I feel like butting in and saying, "Duh, you came to central Florida in July to walk around on asphalt, what did you think the weather would be like?" Some people. I work outside a lot so I'm a little more acclimated than others may be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom