Dangerous Heat Index and Warnings for WDW today

We were there last June, when temps were 100 degrees with 100% humidity. Never thought I could possibly be miserable in WDW. That trip proved me wrong. Beyond brutal.

moonspinner

DinseyHeather, here in SC the heat index one day last week was 110, (it was acutally 100 degrees) but I know the humidity was no where near 100%. I can't even begin to imagine how miserable THAT would be. :(

It's rough to be out in that heat bc your vacation is scheduled during the summer. Think of all those folks that HAVE to be under the summer sun. :( I feel so bad for everyone that works outdoors come summertime (DH included). I'll take fall and winter any day of the week over the more brutal months of summer. :)

TP2000

Yeah maybe inland. The coast has been June gloom yuck for feels like about 18 months straight now. I miss sun.

I live in hilly Villa Park, about 7 miles east of Disneyland as the crow flies, and we had May Gray for most of May and June Gloom until this week too. Only this week has the beach fog been lifting by late morning and then the afternoons and evenings are gorgeous. But I can see Catalina Island from my deck and can see the fog still sitting on the ocean most days, so I imagine the beaches are still dealing with the June Gloom.

It's warming slightly this weekend though. The forecast for Anaheim and Disneyland USA is noticeably warmer by Sunday;

Areas of dense morning fog. Mostly sunny skies by Noon. High 82F. Low 59F. Precipitation 0%. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.

Just think, we could be in Central Florida right now instead! The grass is always greener, but we really do have so much to be thankful for with this near-perfect climate in Southern California. I'll take the June Gloom as a more than fair trade. :wave:

MagicMegan

I live in central Alabama so our summer weather is about the same as central Florida; we get a little more heat and a little less humidity but our heat indices are nearly the same. Here's the forecast from now to September which might be wrong if a hurricane comes throught; it will be hot, humid, and there might be a thunderstorm in the afternoon.

I just loled at the last sentence haha.

In Buffalo it will be hot, cold, raining, sunny, then pouring rain.
All in the same day.
For the next 2 months.

pumpkin7

man i love floridian heat. it makes me want to go there right now. considering in the UK now, it's overcast with a high chance of rain, and probably only about 15oc right now.

KevinYee

Sigh. Villa Park.

What I wouldn't give to be skateboarding around Santiago Blvd, Lemon, or Taft. The lethal combination of suburban life in VP plus SoCal weather is to *die for*

JIMINYCR

man i love floridian heat. it makes me want to go there right now. considering in the UK now, it's overcast with a high chance of rain, and probably only about 15oc right now.

Here in Maine it's cold, dreary, rainy, temps still in the 50s. Neighbors of mine are still burning wood in their wood stoves, we're closing the windows and turning on the heat at night. After the snowy winter we had I was hoping for a nice spring for once. I have my pool up and been in it only three times so far. Yeah... Florida heat sounds great.

puntagordabob

As a Floridian the reality we live with is:

In the winter, Florida weather is Golden!!!

In the Summer, Florida weather is like living on the surface of the sun, Only a tad bit wetter.

Raven66

Here in Arkansas it's been hovering around 100 degrees for the last couple of weeks. The dogs can only stay out for about 15 mins at a time. I walk from the house to the car and I'm sweating. The upside is the humidity is low. I hate leaving the house when it's this hot, but unfortunately I have to go to work. I hate extreme cold and extreme heat. 75 and breezy would be ideal.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
We were in Epcot on Friday. And, yes, it felt like 106 before the clouds rolled in around 2pm. It was also the second day that you could really smell the wildfire smoke in the parks. We noticed it at Studios on Thursday, but it was pretty strong at Epcot opening on Friday. Got used to it quickly, though, so it didn't bother us.

Touring the park at a Heat Index of 106 was pretty tough - lots of water and ice breaks. Back home in Maryland, we had just had a couple record highs the week before right around 100 degrees with Heat Indices around 104. As a teacher in a school with no air conditioning, it was quite miserable (until we were dismissed 2 hours early because of the heat). At least at Disney, I didn't need to wear long pants and a tie!!

Mammymouse

I just loled at the last sentence haha.

In Buffalo it will be hot, cold, raining, sunny, then pouring rain.
All in the same day.
For the next 2 months.

Kind of like the old time saying here in New England - "If you don't like the weather here - just wait a minute."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom