dam u usair

bears163

Original Poster
man anyone else looking at airfare out of philly. man they keep hiking up the price to flights in september. was 177 now 233. what the heck. come on. give us a break. i have booked out of there a few times. never have i seen this happen.

bears163

Original Poster
the thing i don't get. i heard on the news a few days ago about some airlines lowering airfare & the major ones are following. maybe this is the result. who knows maybe in a few weeks they will go back down. lets hope

ErickainPA

Prices will continue to go up and down. A friend of mine is a travel agent and he said it will be a yo-yo for prices, but they usually come down a bit again.

Southwest is the best for airfare out of Philly. That's who we have been using for the last few trips we took. I don't think you can book them just yet, as the prices on the website only go for 6 months out.

tink81

As long as the gas prices continue to rise, so will the cost of jet fuel. The worst part of this whole ordeal is that there really isn't a reason why the prices has been consistently rising. But as long as they do, you can bet on the airlines hiking thier prices, too. I would hold out and wait for Southwest to post their fairs they always have good deals!

bgraham34

Same thing happened last year. My friend waited and watched and it dropped so he bought it. Just keep an eye on it.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I dont know where in PA you live but you should consider going out of Newark on Jet Blue. It is a great airline and usually very cheap. As of right now they only have their online rates available through September 6th, but the highest rate I found was $124 going on Sept. 1 and $84 comming back on the 6th. The average rate I found for going one way was $84. Also,JetBlue doesnt bounce around their rates that much so theres a good chance if you look again in two weeks the prices wont have changed.

Side Note: I dont even know if Delta Song flies out of Philly but I would avoid them like the plague. I flew Delta Song last summer and it was by far the worst airline experience of my life...NEVER AGAIN. Their rates may look cheap but you pay the price in the long run.

drewchyi

I'm leaving April 5 -12. Tickets cost $133 round trip from DC to Orlando. If i travelled on April 7...the cost would have been $400. So....I'm taking my kids out 2 days early before the start of spring break.

bucklmd

You can also register with Travelocity.com and set up fare watchers to select cities from your home airport. They will send you an email everytime airfare goes below a certain $ amount that you designate. I wasn't planning a trip to Orlando until last week when they alerted me of a sale from Nashville to Orlando. I ended up paying $115 including taxes and fees round-trip on Delta. Non-stop too!! As I told my husband, we can't afford not to go!!! I'm pumped!!:sohappy:

disneygirl1024

I wouldn't complain. Living here in the Cincinnati area, rates are usually 450 and more and never below 350.:fork: I bought tickets out of Dayton, OH, and still had to pay 242 and that was leaving on a Wednesday. :brick: You guys are lucky to be getting rates even under 200!! Some people don't realize how easy they have it!!!!:hammer:

Rcoaster809

Airfare is so annoying, it fluctuates a few times in the same day sometimes. I live in central PA, and our airport is small and convenient, but all we get are little USAriways Express 38 seaters to Philly. Not only is price usually fairly high, but Philly is a terrible airport when it comes to leaving on time. I would definitely suggest trying another airline if you are going right from Philly. Orbitz is my favorite site for doing that, but check Southwest on their own website, because they do not deal with discount websites. JetBlue does not either, but they do not fly from Philly. Good luck!

beagle 1

I would highly recommend looking into Air Tran. When I flew out of Pittsburgh to Disney, the round trip cost me about $170. The planes are very new, quiet and roomy. As an added bonus, the planes are equipped with XM Satellite Radio and they give you free headsets. This is a nice because I found a channel I liked (there are over 100 channels), closed my eyes and the next thing I knew, I was in Florida. Plus, Air Tran usually runs specials on their web page (that is how we got our cheap price) for flights.

Here is their webpage link http://www.airtran.com/Home.aspx

Hope this helps.

After I wrote the first part of my post, I checked out Air Tran's website...and they do have specials out of Philly for $79.00 dollars as a special (click on the Discover your Inner Tourist)

rsjsimone

I booked tickets on Airtran yesterday for 3 leaving Philly 9/2 and returning 9/9 from Orlando for $531! That's a bargain! I love Airtran and Southwest! Anytime I have taken another airline, it's been a nightmare. They are running a special for $79 each way online. Jump on it, man!

Mickifan17

tiggerific418 said:
Side Note: I dont even know if Delta Song flies out of Philly but I would avoid them like the plague. I flew Delta Song last summer and it was by far the worst airline experience of my life...NEVER AGAIN. Their rates may look cheap but you pay the price in the long run.

WOW, I've flown on Song many times and loved it. Never a problem. Maybe it's the airport. I've usually left from JFK or LaGuardia. Well, Song is no longer anyway. Delta was losing money with them so all Song flights as of May 1 will become Delta. I'm leaving on May 4th and they changed my flight to leave NY 1/2 hour earlier and return back from MCO 40 min later....Hey, more time in Disney for me :D

Only 40 more days til I'm Home!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom