DAK looking to add a Panda?

jwbeck3

Original Poster
I know some of you do not trust in rumors that Screamscape puts out, but I have found them to be right on with many things that have been rumored on the site. Anyway, they are reporting that DAK is trying to add a panda. I have wanted Animal Kingdom to have a Panda since it opened, so I am very excited about this rumor. Here it is from Screamscape "The Screamscape spy network claims that Disney is negotiating with China to bring Giant Pandas to Animal Kingdom. This certainly does make sense as well due to the fact that there are so very few locations in the US that are allowed to display these rare creatures from China. I believe that at this time there are only three locations in the US where you can see them: The San Diego Zoo, Zoo Atlanta and at the Smithsonian National Zoo in DC." Any thoughts on this rumor?

ToTBellHop

Animal Kingdom is definitely the best zoological facility I have ever seen (especially their behind-the-scenes facilities--top notch), so if anyone deserves pandas for a couple years, it's Animal Kingdom.

Shaman

It would be great to see pandas at AK...bears aren't exactly represented at AK...where would the pandas go though? Add them to the jungle trek in Asia? To the EE area?

jwbeck3

Original Poster
Disney would have to build a whole new, large, sophisticated enclosure for them so I am assuming it would have to be around EE and be a separate area devoted only to the Panda.

*MichelleP*

Originally posted by objr
It would be great to see pandas at AK...bears aren't exactly represented at AK...where would the pandas go though? Add them to the jungle trek in Asia? To the EE area?

That's what I'm wondering, too. I'd love to see them, though!

imagineersrock

Originally posted by objr

either way, they'd make a fantastic addition.. and i too have always wanted to see pandas brought to AK.

BeachClubVillas

Pandas would be a wonderful addition to the AK!! I would love to see a panda up close. And they would fit in perfectly with the whole Everest Asian village theme.

Bring 'em on!! :sohappy:

nmj91385

They should have the pandas in a set up like to gorillas so you can have a chance to be right up close. That would be awesome.

disfreak-o

Account Suspended
I also think AK should have a panda added to their park. After all, China is in Asia, which is in the AK park. If they're so rare, the AK park would make better profit for having unusual animals and stuff like that. And, of course, I love AK so I would love to see it add on some cool animals as well as more cool rides.

BalooChicago

Not to mention that they must have the ear of the chinese government as part of the new park...

Pandas in AK sounds good to me!

sillyspook13

It is entirely possible that the next major project in Animal Kingdom will be an Asian themed "safari" including pandas, Asian elephants and more.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom