DAK Hippos

Erika

Original Poster
Someone told me today about an underwater viewing area for the hippos at AK. I don't have the slightest idea where this might be...I was wondering if he was maybe thinking of Busch Gardens.

Does anybody know for sure? :veryconfu

WDWspider

Yes, It's on the Animal Trail in Africa. Before the Gorillas. I have it on video, and I have never been to Busch Gardens in Florida.:)

There is a viewing area for the DAK hippos on the trail that the gorilla's are on. This trail is near the Safari. I believe it is called the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. You can see the Meerkats, Molerats and there is a bird section also.

VillianFan

Since you are talking about the hippos, we did see them at the underwater viewing area. However, we truly got an eyeful on our first family ride on the Safari. Dare I say, two hippos were -- getting busy! My 6 year old just had to get a picture of the hippos playing like that! And of course it came out as one of the best animal pictures we have!

Erika

Original Poster
Yay! Now I have something new to look for when we go in Oct. For some reason I completely missed them the past 2 times I was there!

Thanks!

kwt10

I would agree with the last comment, sometimes the hippos are hard to find. If they are on the other side of the tank the water gets pretty cloudy and you can't see. But if they do come close it is a great spot to see them swimming under water. Kinda like seeing the Tigers up close thru the glass.

mburk

Yea, the water is real murkey. The only reason we knew a hippo was in there was the CM told us. We waited a while, but didn't get a good look. The San Diego Zoo has a similar exhibit, but it seemed the hippo had to stay closer to the front of the tank for better viewing. They are cool dudes!

RogueHabit

Best view I've had of the Hippos so far..... :hammer:

Attachments

• p1003564.jpg
    p1003564.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 48

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom