Trip Report Daddy-Logan September trip (picture heavy)

Disney background: Logan was born September 26, 2011. Every September starting in 2012 we have taken him to WDW with a few sporadic trips thrown in randomly. Well this year momma is a bit too pregnant to go in September so we are taking a Logan-Daddy trip from 9/12-9/18! The fastpasses may be a bit random, but they are what he will ride and chosen to make everything as convenient as possible for this particular trip.

We will drive down from Mount Washington, KY overnight on Sunday the 11th.
Our chariot:

We originally booked at All-Star Sports, but I changed yesterday to Port Orleans French Quarter.

Day 1: Magic Kingdom
FP+: Meet Mickey, Jungle Cruise, Pirates
Dinner: ‘Ohana

Day 2: Hollywood Studios
FP+: Star Tours, Indiana Jones, Toy Story Mania
Dinner: Liberty Tree Tavern
Extra: Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party!

Day 3: Epcot early Magic Kingdom evening
Breakfast: Cape May Cafe
FP+: Soarin’, Spaceship Earth, Character Spot
Dinner: The Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen

Day 4: Epcot all day
FP+ Journey, The Seas, Frozen Ever After
Dinner: Rose & Crown

Day 5: Animal Kingdom early, pool and relax afternoon
FP+: FotLK, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Finding Nemo Musical
Dinner: Shutters @ Caribbean Beach (Logan loves the steak)

Day 6: Magic Kingdom early, Disney Springs evening
Breakfast: Crystal Palace
FP+: Peter Pan, Enchanted Tales, Festival of Fantasy Parade

Day 7: check out, Magic Kingdom morning
FP+ Meet Rapunzel, Meet Tinkerbell, Meet Ariel

I'm ridiculously excited for this trip, as is Logan. This will be his seventh trip, I think my eleventh, but our first without Mommadog. I am trying to stay in a different resort every trip and eat at new restaurants as often as possible, made a checklist of all of the eateries and bars on property. I'll definitely make a trip report on this one!

Howdy

Lurker extraordinaire
Premium Member
Original Poster
I love your Halloween party pic! Following along :)
Thank you! Last September was Daniel's first trip and we decided a family costume was a must. I'm not sure yet whether Logan and I will dress up and if so, as what.
2075c26789f05d72b6067bfdfd60669b3873bed2.jpg
26d15d7c670a1e9e67c945a03e9d1b182e4c61a4.jpg

Scoppin

I hope you have a great trip. We are going to be there about the same time, however I don't think our plans are going to cross according to our agenda. We will be staying at All Star Sports.

Looking to see your further plans.

FlaggNL

Plans look great! Also love the halloween pics!! We will be in POFQ next Ocotber, so please leave some magical dust for us :) Enjoy the pre feelings!!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Awesome Halloween costumes.

Have fun (I know you will). Last August, I took my 13-yo niece/goddaughter on a "just the two of us" trip and it was a great experience, she's the middle child and for once got to do what she wanted to do without being overruled or overwhined by her sisters and her grandma (grandma's more of a whiner than the kids!) ;)

Howdy

Lurker extraordinaire
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, the a.c. went out on my truck so we borrowed my mom's car (27mpg gas >13.8mpg diesel) and drove on down. I decided that I didn't feel like stopping so we got here at 2a.m. and the amazing desk people let us have our room early without officially checking in yet! I figured if I couldn't get a room we would just sleep in the car for a few hours, but it worked out wonderfully. Now for a few hours of sleep and some Disney fun.

Howdy

Lurker extraordinaire
Premium Member
Original Poster
Okay, so as mentioned we arrived at POFQ around 2:30 Monday morning and were able to go sleep for a few hours in our room. We got up nice and early that morning and were ready to start our first long day at the Magic Kingdom!

Day 1:

Hopped on a bus and headed on over to MK. First thing is first for this kid, we ride Buzz Lightyear.

After Buzz we rode the PeopleMover, WDWSpeedway, and Dumbo, followed by the WDWRR to the front of the park to leave for Epcot. Wait, what?

Yup, he rode Buzz and was immediately ready for his most favorite ride: Gran Fiesta Tour. We spent a couple of hours in Epcot, caught Soarin’ and Figment before lunch at Liberty Inn and a trip back to the resort where he found his birthday surprise from his mom and brothers!

After a nice nap we headed back to MK for the evening. Rode quite a few rides, disgusted him with my dinner,

and had some nice pictures taken; and rode Buzz again. I clocked 30,059 steps for 15.76 miles on Monday; at least 60% of that with a 5 year old on my shoulders.

Day 2:
Tuesday morning we got up early and hit DHS for rope drop. Rushed back to ride TSMM followed by GMR and a meet and greet with Chewbacca and Kylo Ren. At this point it was 10:30 and since he won’t ride anything else in that awesome park we left. Came back to the hotel to change, ran over to AK to play in the Dinosaur bone yard and ride Kali River Rapids before we came back to rest before MNSSHP. This is roughly the time that the skies opened up and buckets of rain began to fall.

We packed up our costumes and headed to the park for dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern where we learned that Logan LOVES turkey, it was actually the only thing that he ate besides the ice cream, but I was alright with it because I cleaned the rest of the plates #fatkid

After dinner I introduced him to one of my favorites, the Hall of Presidents, before we did what comes natural and rode Buzz.

7 o’clock came and it was still pouring, and somehow the cast members didn’t seem to have a contingency plan in place so trick or treating didn’t actually start until 7:15… but they didn’t mention that to the huge lines of people standing outside in the rain wondering what was happening.

All of the outside rides were closed, no photopass people were out and no characters were out for meet and greets so we made the best of it, got candy and played in the rain. Finally around 9 he decided that we needed to ride Buzz one more time and then head back to the hotel. I guess that we looked pitiful enough that when I asked the front desk if there was any chance at a party retry on Friday they granted our wish so hopefully we can do this in a more dry fashion that night. The costumes are hanging up to dry. Ended Tuesday at 23,467 steps for 12.26 miles.

Day 3:

This morning we got up and drove over to Beach Club for breakfast at Cape May Café. It was nice, but slow and overpriced so after we ate we walked over to Epcot. Started our morning off with Soarin’, Figment, Spaceship Earth and Gran Fiesta Tour. Played a bit of Agent P’s WSA and then headed back to rest.

Ended up heading back to MK for the evening, had a lovely dinner at Columbia Harbour House where we got an upstairs window table overlooking the Tangled restrooms. I highly recommend the chicken pot pie.

Rode a few rides, one of which was obviously Buzz, met a couple of princesses with whom he was INSANELY bashful and came back to the resort where he is currently totally unconscious next to me in bed. Finished Wednesday at 22,943 steps for 12.02 miles.

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-14_23-50-25.jpeg
    upload_2016-9-14_23-50-25.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 32

Howdy

Lurker extraordinaire
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 4:

Thursday morning we slept in until around 9. Got up and went swimming for about 45 minutes before changing clothes and taking a boat to Disney Springs so he could spend some of his birthday money at the Lego store and World of Disney.

When we returned to the room we built 3 of the sets and he made sure not to nap for about 3 hours before we headed to Epcot…

I had planned to ride some rides in the 45 minutes before our Frozen fastpass, but instead decided to let him sleep while I enjoyed a jalapeno margarita. BTW, he HATED Frozen Ever After. Like never wants to ride it again hated it.

After Frozen we rode the Gran Fiesta Tour and then went to the UK to wander the shops before dinner at Rose & Crown, Daddy’s favorite sit down.

Logan surprised the heck out of me when he ordered and actually ate Bangers and Mash

And I tried the Welsh Pub Burger which I thoroughly enjoyed.

After dinner we caught the Seas with Nemo before the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party.

The party was a bit pricey, and Logan was having too much fun with his new friends to even touch any dessert, but I would probably do it again. The food was delicious, the rum drink was not bad (whiskey drinker), and the view was spectacular, even to a kid that hates fireworks.

The night ended with a Photopass in front of Spaceship Earth before boarding the bus where Logan met the love of his life.

I did not ask for a picture, but we were on the bus that has a set of seats that face each other in the back and directly across from us (like feet touching) was a beautiful young British girl and her dad. I would place her somewhere in her teens if I had to guess. Her dress had the dancing scene from Beauty and the Beast printed on it and Logan has decided that she is a Disney Princess. After we parted ways walking back to the room he said “Dad, I sure hope we see her again”.

Also, I forgot to mention yesterday that we met Ariel, who happens to be my wife’s favorite so Logan has made sure to get a good picture with her to show mommy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom