D23: The D stands for Disappointing (Updated)

smile

but really, d23 is essentially a zero sum game, as rabid dusters unite and the panels are a treat
...but there's very little actual benefit to chaps staff... in this day and age, the inverse, occasionally

SSG

I'm reserving judgment on the Star Wars hotel until more info comes out. The pricing is in line with what a Disney cruise costs. Is it all inclusive with meals and drinks? Is it a 3-day Ren Fair where the role-play never ends? Is it set to the sequels or is any Star Wars era fair game for the guests? If the right answers are given, this could be attractive to the SW geek.

Of course Disney would need to go all-in on this. Provide the heavy theming and details many think are missing from GE. If they skimp, I don't see the value in this.

Rich T

I'm reserving judgment on the Star Wars hotel until more info comes out. The pricing is in line with what a Disney cruise costs. Is it all inclusive with meals and drinks? Is it a 3-day Ren Fair where the role-play never ends? Is it set to the sequels or is any Star Wars era fair game for the guests? If the right answers are given, this could be attractive to the SW geek.

Of course Disney would need to go all-in on this. Provide the heavy theming and details many think are missing from GE. If they skimp, I don't see the value in this.
Personally, I think Disney has greatly, massively overestimated the number of SW geeks who can/will pay that much for a LARP hotel. I’m picturing this as a mini version of the EuroDisney bellyflop, and could be remembered in the future as the signature icon of the end of Disney’s ugly “milk the wealthy” era.

bubbles1812

Personally, I think Disney has greatly, massively overestimated the number of SW geeks who can/will pay that much for a LARP hotel. I’m picturing this as a mini version of the EuroDisney bellyflop, and could be remembered in the future as the signature icon of the end of Disney’s ugly “milk the wealthy” era.
Nah. There’s enough people who can afford this and if the interactive experience is as promised, not just SW fans will be interested. It’s something I would consider paying for once and I never even attended a Star Wars weekend. :eek:

Also... Disney is a giant corporation that sells entertainment products. They’re always going to be trying to milk the wealthy and not so wealthy alike. That is never going to change. It’s just what it is. This isn’t an era, it’s an epoch.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Brazil! Or any number of Second World nations caught in a deflationary spiral! Immersive!
I just want to go on the record and point out that I didn’t type this...

Though I’m sure I’ll get blamed for it (with good reason). It’s just nice to not to have to hold up the yoke of common sense alone 😉

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

...pssst...

Disney cruiseline is MASSIVELY overpriced for the value you get. Not close to its competitors or wdw.

What this will do...especially with awful star wars IP being produced...is allow Comcast to do something similar, better. In the world of Hollywood and Wall Street, it’s naive it think they aren’t on the phone or video chat talking about it right now.

But I know...the mandalorian, ROTR, Abrams of the Jedi, and the two dudes who botched game of thrones is gonna save it all!

...magic

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Heeee Shoots and scores!!!

I think I’ve been saying this about all things Star Wars for awhile now...ain’t that right, Kaze?

We force users can sense a disturbance in it.
I think there are enough white people with disposable income that will pay those outrageous prices for a Star Warsian hotel experience.
And that’s what will save it...potentially. But there’s a time clock on that from two angles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom