D23 model and CGI flythroughs

jjharvpro

Based on the video of this model, it seems as though the castle wall perimeter separates the old fantasy land (Pooh, Peter Pan, Mikey's Philharmagic) from the new fantasy land. Is this the case? If so, it seems to me that this would create a traffic nightmare from people trying to get from one of the existing rides to the new section. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Actually the Pooh attraction is supposedly part of the Fantasy Forest(new queue with tree justifies that).

runskimom

I asked "So, when does this open?", and she then proceeded to walk me from one side of the model to the other explaining the "phasing" (her words) of the project and how certain things like Little Mermaid would be opening first around "Thanksgiving of 2012", and then on through the final opening of the Seven Dwarves Mine Train that she said would be opening in "early spring of 2014". So there you go, right from the Imagineers mouth!

QUOTE]

Thanks TP! Did she mention dates for Dumbo or Be Our Guest/BATB?

DrummerAlly

Actually the Pooh attraction is supposedly part of the Fantasy Forest(new queue with tree justifies that).

Fantasy forest? Didn't they nix that along with the faries? What exactly is going to make that area a forest? I don't see many trees there. I'm looking forward to seeing how well the new with the old meshes

ob1thx1138

Fantasy forest? Didn't they nix that along with the faries? What exactly is going to make that area a forest? I don't see many trees there. I'm looking forward to seeing how well the new with the old meshes

I Would say the "Forest" area will include Pooh, The Mine Ride, and The Beauty and the Beast Area. Obviously the Little Mermaid will not be considered a forest area. Looking at the models there are alot of trees in the areas I mentioned.

Scuttle

That's it eh? No explanation of any kind?

Anyway, Scuttle, I thought seagulls liked water. :wave:

My explanation is that it's a stupid idea. I mean really? Go to blizzard beach or typhoon or he'll go try and swim in river country and catch amoebas I don't care. I just don't see the need for it. It'll prolly be broken within a year of it being open and in the winter it's just gonna sit there. I feel about the water area as I feel about the carpets. Waste of space. I would much rather just have walking room than a water area.

ob1thx1138

My explanation is that it's a stupid idea.

Then you are just going to have to live with the fact that you are wrong because it is not a stupid idea. This area is geared toward younger kids and younger kids love the water play areas in the parks. Donalds Boat was always popular with both the kids and the parents because it gave the parents time to sit and relax while the kids were occupied. It is a smart move and it adds value to the area. There is nothing stupid about it.

Scuttle

Then you are just going to have to live with the fact that you are wrong because it is not a stupid idea. This area is geared toward younger kids and younger kids love the water play areas in the parks. Donalds Boat was always popular with both the kids and the parents because it gave the parents time to sit and relax while the kids were occupied. It is a smart move and it adds value to the area. There is nothing stupid about it.

So there's nothing stupid about a water play area that is shut down in January because it's to cold? As I said I'd rather have more space to walk.

tmp

It's fantasyland. That would be a land geared to kid's. Water areas around the world are very popular but then again so is the fairies m&g and obviously that got the ax.

ob1thx1138

So there's nothing stupid about a water play area that is shut down in January because it's to cold? As I said I'd rather have more space to walk.

Not at all. They shut down entire parks due to cold weather and many parks shut down major attraction due to cold weather. This will still be something interesting to look at and if it is like most water play areas it will still be something for the kids to climb around on and explore when the water is turned off. There are plenty of walkways in the area and not using this space would be stupid.

Scuttle

Not at all. They shut down entire parks due to cold weather and many parks shut down major attraction due to cold weather. This will still be something interesting to look at and if it is like most water play areas it will still be something for the kids to climb around on and explore when the water is turned off. There are plenty of walkways in the area and not using this space would be stupid.[/QUOTE

I disagree. I might be hating it more because I'm just disappointed in the entire storybook circus plan. I feel the whole circus theme is ridiculous to base a land off of just because they moved dumbo. I much would have preferred if they went fantasyland the whole way through to the train station. another problem of the circus I have is that I don't see many opportunities for expansion. There's obviously a problem with WDI since they run every projects budget up to insane amounts. If they didn't do this maybe they wouldn't have to cut corners and recycle the barnstormer and the tents. Sorry for my rant, but it's frustrating because I'm starting to think the suits aren't the problem it's WDI.

ob1thx1138

Not at all. They shut down entire parks due to cold weather and many parks shut down major attraction due to cold weather. This will still be something interesting to look at and if it is like most water play areas it will still be something for the kids to climb around on and explore when the water is turned off. There are plenty of walkways in the area and not using this space would be stupid.[/QUOTE

I disagree. I might be hating it more because I'm just disappointed in the entire storybook circus plan. I feel the whole circus theme is ridiculous to base a land off of just because they moved dumbo. I much would have preferred if they went fantasyland the whole way through to the train station. another problem of the circus I have is that I don't see many opportunities for expansion. There's obviously a problem with WDI since they run every projects budget up to insane amounts. If they didn't do this maybe they wouldn't have to cut corners and recycle the barnstormer and the tents. Sorry for my rant, but it's frustrating because I'm starting to think the suits aren't the problem it's WDI.

I believe that the imagineers work with what they are given. Look at TDS. I believe that is a park where the imagineers pulled out all the stops expecting to have to make cuts but then no cuts were made. The end result is what most people consider to be the greatest Disney park in the world when it comes to theme and presentation. That is what the FLE would have looked like if the imgineers got the final say so.

Cosmic Commando

They also turn down the "splash" on Splash Mountain when it's cold. Why even bother having it then? I would much rather have more space in that cramped corner of Frontierland. :rolleyes:

Scuttle

They also turn down the "splash" on Splash Mountain when it's cold. Why even bother having it then? I would much rather have more space in that cramped corner of Frontierland. :rolleyes:

As much as I love splash I also miss the frontierland train station. Splash kind of killed the western look of the train station. So don't threaten me. Lol

Vernonpush

Thanks Steve for all the posts about the D23 meeting!

In this mine ride simulation video it looks like the cars may be going pretty fast through those curves, because of the angle of the riders. Maybe it will be a more thrilling ride similar to Big Thunder Mountain, than the impression I was getting before?

This video :
http://youtu.be/E7Jn5t2IdrY
(starting at 1:08-test of ride vehicle strapped onto the back of a truck with people inside) gives me hope that the coaster will be a little more thrilling.

Cosmic Commando

Seriously though. It's Florida. If you counted the hot days where people were enjoying the operational water play area and the days where it was shut off because it was cold, do you think it would even be close?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom