News D23 Expo 2019

Disney Analyst

This thread is hilarious. The dramatics. My goodness.

There is going to be a D23 two months or so before the 50th... I would assume that D23 will talk all about the new entertainment and celebration, which I’m also sure will have lots of info released by the blog from now until then.

When has Disney ever announced a new parade or spectacle for an anniversary 2.5 years ahead?

RobbinsDad

There is going to be a D23 two months or so before the 50th... I would assume that D23 will talk all about the new entertainment and celebration, which I’m also sure will have lots of info released by the blog from now until then.

When has Disney ever announced a new parade or spectacle for an anniversary 2.5 years ahead?
Since it started taking them at least 3 years to create anything new besides cupcakes.

SweetDuffy101

BESIDES There’s another D23 Expo Looming Just Around🙃 the other continent within a few months after. #D23ExpoTokyo

kevlightyear

Hold up. D23 made a live stream of the presentation available to at least one media member at an AMC theater. So they had the infrastructure all in place, they just chose not to give the public access to it.

My current theory for why they didn't is either 1) copyright issues with music in the show (especially unreleased music), or 2) streaming would increase appearance fees for celebrities who are part of the presentation. The same would apply apply to the Disney Studios and Disney+ panels.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Perhaps, but this rumor has been going around multiple sites with insider information for years. No other anticipated attraction has been talked about as much as this and not been announced officially by Disney. Why so much smoke and no fire? (pun absolutely not intended, even I’m not sick enough to go there)
Sponsorship.

bubbles1812

Im not trying to be negative but it was just soooo weak in terms of the new. Please tell me you’re overwhelmed with joy about the new Target partnership and the World Celebration hangout place.
I’ll fight you for a spot when it comes time to view the fireworks from there. It’s been awhile since I’ve been in a good slap fight :cautious:

I thought the Celebration place looked nice overall. If they are going to keep doing festivals, might as well have a dedicated nice place (ie not a decaying pavilion) for a festival center. The concept art looked interesting with the tiered levels. I hope they were serious about the trees on top. That’s be cool and dare I say... futuristic.

I wasn’t super excited about any one piece of the Epcot presentation but I liked the ‘whole’ of it very much as well as the direction they seem to want to go with the park. I look forward to more cohesiveness and less hodge podge

Brian Swan

Im not trying to be negative but it was just soooo weak in terms of the new. Please tell me you’re overwhelmed with joy about the new Target partnership and the World Celebration hangout place.
I agree with you entirely about the presentation, but not everything that changes things from the amazing EPCOT that wowed me in 1983 is necessarily bad.

RobbinsDad

I’ll fight you for a spot when it comes time to view the fireworks from there. It’s been awhile since I’ve been in a good slap fight :cautious:

I though the Celebration place looked nice overall. If they are going to keep doing festivals, might as well have a dedicated nice place (ie not a decaying pavilion) for a festival center. The concept art looked interesting with the tiered levels. I hope they were serious about the trees on top. That’s be cool and dare I say... futuristic.
I’m not saying it’s not cool but we basically knew about this Friday night. My disappointment is not with the quality of what we’re getting but the superficiality of it all. It’s very pretty and unique (in concept) but at the end of the day it’s just a cool hangout spot.

gmajew

Premium Member
To anyone that does not stay up on the boards and every rumor like most of us here this was a lot of info and new things from the Disney company this week. Parks got some big news even if we all had a pretty good idea of it all prior to event.

We got a lot of news about Epcot and I am also hoping they did not say imagination yet because they cannot close everything at the same time. I hope. That is the reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom