News D23 Expo 2019

LSLS

I mean, I get everyone is all about the parks let down. But how has nobody covered what the hour long presentation on the super secret project was like?

It Is What It Is

If the Genie app is anything like the Play app, umm, no thank you, there will be a new bug every other time I use it. And have they fixed their connectivity issues yet???

UNCgolf

Other attractions you didn't mention that I really liked - Hogwart's Express, Hulk coaster (though painful on the face in the rain!), Spiderman, Skull Island (though maybe a little short of expectations). Flight of the Hippogriff and Despicable Me were also good. Thought the Shrek 4-D thing was also worth experiencing.

Poseidon's Fury was fun enough, although I didn't think it was special and the story was a bit hokey. I would never ride the Hulk coaster or Rip Rockit -- I'm afraid of heights, and although I can do coasters to an extent (love Expedition Everest), I will never get on one with an inversion. I was underwhelmed with the Hogwarts Express. It wasn't bad, but seemed like they could have done more with it. Skull Island was nowhere near as good as the old King Kong ride they had. I would like to ride Gringotts and Hagrid's Motorbikes whenever I go back.

In general, I'm not a fan of screen based attractions and simulators (along with the aforementioned big coasters) so Universal just doesn't have a ton to offer me. It's no coincidence that all my favorite rides there don't rely on screens.

brb1006

Considering the Disney Parks Panel is now part of "Consumer Products". What ever happened to the new character brand "Disney Animals" that TWDC announced last July? They even said that it was suppose to launch sometime this year. Did they suddenly forgot about it. Somebody even took a screenshot of the conference from France. They could at least bring that up again.
EiZSzvx.png

Here's the Twitter post where the picture was found (which later got removed).

Mickeyboof

Wait.... the unknown Mary Poppins attraction is opening by the 50th anniversary??

Dang. I was hoping it would be a big E Ticket experience. I hope it’s not the carnival rides from the last scene of Poppins Returns.

Attachments

• F45C2817-5CFE-467F-957B-631D2EEFFCBB.jpeg
    F45C2817-5CFE-467F-957B-631D2EEFFCBB.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 117

bubbles1812

I still believe Brazil was on the docket and was pulled this week. Such a Disney thing to do.
Brazil isn’t exactly getting great press right now. Their president especially. If I was in charge of the presentation, I would have pulled it too.

That being said... there was nothing in the concept art. Not that they couldn’t remove it. But maybe it never was on the docket either?

Ponderer

Brazil isn’t exactly getting great press right now. Their president especially. If I was in charge of the presentation, I would have pulled it too.

That being said... there was nothing in the concept art. Not that they couldn’t remove it. But maybe it never was on the docket either?

This is all so dodgy these days. I heard some say, well, if Brazil is a problem, how about we switch it to India? But Kashmir is a mess - can you imagine planning that with the specter of an India-Pakistan nuclear exchange on the horizon? Then who do you pick? Maybe Thailand? But some of what makes Thailand special is represented in AK. Do you get gun shy and stop thinking about this for awhile?

The way things stand with an international community in crisis, I suspect we may never see a new pavilion in our lifetimes.

RobbinsDad

Perhaps, but this rumor has been going around multiple sites with insider information for years. No other anticipated attraction has been talked about as much as this and not been announced officially by Disney. Why so much smoke and no fire? (pun absolutely not intended, even I’m not sick enough to go there)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom