Rumor D23 Expo 2019 expected announcements

jrhwdw

Trying to be realistic*
Epcot: Brazil announcement w/o attraction + Mary flat ride and more details on the spine
MK: Maybe nighttime parade and some announcement about plussing some classics
DHS: That blackbox attraction that can easily have theme (IP) swapped in 3-6 months... I wish indy or animation courtyard redo, but it sounds like that might be a few years off.
DAK: DAK has been pretty quiet news wise. I wouldn’t be surprised if nothing is announced, but I want to be hopeful so i will guess that the new, revamped version of the excavator coaster that was mentioned several months ago will be announced.
+ of course new info about already announced things
MK night parade info would be a wonderful gift for D23!!! Unlike DL who waited 4 months before the 60th to finally announce PTN!!

I could be wrong here but that news this morning got to be 100% false!!!!! Why would Epcot do that to Seas/Land?!?!?! Makes me doubt that 50th night parade article even more, and that's a good thing!

Joeamc

As D23 Expo is 4 months away, I would like to share the announcements I'm expecting from the Parks and Resorts panel.

-Star Wars Galaxy's Edge (WDW), Runaway Railway and Skyliner Opening Dates + Newer Details
-Disney World 50th Anniversary
-New Guardians Coaster & Marvel Land details
-Stitch's Great Escape replacement announced
-Future regarding Figment
-New WDW nighttime parade (?)
-New details on Illuminations replacement
-Announcement regarding 965 acre land bought near Celebration
-Marry Poppins ride at UK pavilion

All of them might not be announced, just my prediction.
Epcot-New country/Pavillion next to Germany (Land already cleared)
Animal Kingdom- Indiana Jones Themed land to take over Dinoland with attraction and restaurant

MaximumEd

I would LOVE this (I would love almost anything that had to do with Indy, honestly) and it would fit perfectly, but DHS needs it wayyyyy more at this point, imo.

Agreed. MK is in a tight spot. It, like every other park, needs more capacity, but it doesn’t need anything that will draw in a ton more people. Frankly, I’m surprised they put Tron there. Indy would be better at the Studios park.

Joeamc

Agreed. MK is in a tight spot. It, like every other park, needs more capacity, but it doesn’t need anything that will draw in a ton more people. Frankly, I’m surprised they put Tron there. Indy would be better at the Studios park.
Studios with Toy story land and now Star Wars G/E will not need any more help with attendance. Neither does MK. Animal Kingdom is the park that needs help, even after Pandora. The newest idea/concept they have had for AK sincePandora was rivers of light and that was a flop. Indiana jones themed land would help that park (AK).

MickeyMouse10

Yeah, Indy makes much more sense in Hollywood. They even already have an attraction that can be reused as part of the section (ala Toy Story Land). Why retheme a whole land when you have already some building blocks?

I never liked the idea of putting it in Animal Kingdom too. What would the Animal version even be themed after deadly animals and gross bugs?

MaximumEd

Studios with Toy story land and now Star Wars G/E will not need any more help with attendance. Neither does MK. Animal Kingdom is the park that needs help, even after Pandora. The newest idea/concept they have had for AK sincePandora was rivers of light and that was a flop. Indiana jones themed land would help that park (AK).

Studios won’t need any more help with attendance, but it’s gonna need a ton of help with capacity, imo. MK could always use more capacity. Epcot needs draw and capacity to pull some crowds from Studios and MK. Animal Kingdom is still a couple good rides and a re-do of Dinoland short of where it needs to be. I just don’t think Indy would work anywhere as good as in the Studios.

TTA94

MK night parade info would be a wonderful gift for D23!!! Unlike DL who waited 4 months before the 60th to finally announce PTN!!

I could be wrong here but that news this morning got to be 100% false!!!!! Why would Epcot do that to Seas/Land?!?!?! Makes me doubt that 50th night parade article even more, and that's a good thing!

IF it’s still in the plans, I’m betting it will be the same 4 month announcement time frame. Then again it depends when they want to debut it.

D23 Expo 2019 Predictions:
-Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Recap
-More Runaway Railway Details
-More Skyliner Details/Opening Date
-Disney Cruise Line Expansion Details
-Beauty and the Beast Land Details (Tokyo)
-Disneyland Tomorrowland Overhaul❗

Marvel Land Details:❗
-Details on Interactive Spider-Man Attraction
-Avengers Roller Coaster (Hong Kong)

Epcot Overhaul Details:❗
-Details on Epcot's Nighttime Shows
-Future World Overhaul Plans

Magic Kingdom's 50th Anniversary Details:
-Tron: Lightcycle Power Run Details
-Wreck It Ralph Interactive Attraction
-Magic Kingdom Nighttime Parade

Important Notes:
-Disneyland Tomorrowland Overhaul is unlikely in my opinion, however, if it gets announced, they will probably spend a lot of time talking about this specific topic (Tron: Lightcycle Power Run, Hopefully the Peoplemover, etc.)
-Epcot Overhaul Details will most likely be a very important part of the parks and resorts presentation (Guardians of the Galaxy, Disney Play Pavilion, Mission: Space Restaurant, Remy's Ratatouille Adventure, etc.)
-Avengers Roller Coaster in Hong Kong Disneyland is unlikely in my opinion, however, if it gets announced, they will probably spend a lot of time talking about each of the Marvel Lands (Anaheim, Paris, and Hong Kong)
-Magic Kingdom's 50th Anniversary Details have a high chance to be announced at the Destination D Event 2020 in the Contemporary Resort near Magic Kingdom, rather than the D23 Expo 2019
-The main point to take away is that Disney will most likely try to focus on Marvel Land and Epcot during the parks and resorts presentation

❗- Indicates possible important points of the parks and resorts presentation

(Remember, these are just my predications. Most of these are all probably wrong, but I think it's fun to try and guess! What are your opinions on these predications?)

Last edited:

trainplane3

Important Notes:
-Disneyland Tomorrowland Overhaul is unlikely in my opinion, however, if it gets announced, they will probably spend a lot of time talking about this specific topic (Tron: Lightcycle Power Run, Hopefully the Peoplemover, etc.)
...the PM and how it'll be getting demo'd at some point in the near future? To quote Martin on the PM from last year, "it isn't long for this world".

For WDW I'll toss my money over on more details on the FW overhaul, new seasonal MK firework shows, hints at a new MK parade, a light pass on the TL rework that's been slowly happening, the new Epcot IP show (maybe a hype reel demoing new tech being used in the show?), watch Bob lose... himself over Star Wars lands and the hotel, and maybe some kind of mini event for AK?

Yeah, I'm bad at this guessing game.

BrianLo

Just based on past history, the “big model” at each D23 is for a project that will be opening around when the following D23 happens two years later. And it is normally for a project that was announced around two years prior. Carsland, Shanghai, Pandora, Star Wars. This is the pattern.

So, I suspect the Big Model this year to be the new Future World (along with its new name, maybe?) Another possibility would be Marvel Land at DCA, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s there at D23, but as a secondary smaller model (it is a smaller project than Epcot’s, after all).

Beyond that? Nada mas as far as models go. But we might get some announcements/concept art regarding things that will be finished in 3-4 years time. Those will most likely be things we’re already aware of because of these boards, but you never know about the dark horse that sneaks up from behind. <CoughPixarPierCough>

Agreed, there is no 'one project' in North America or even worldwide opening in 2021 that warrants an isolated display.

I'd love a round the world model lineup: Marvel Land DCA, Epcot entrance, HK's Castle, Zootopia and the B&TB model for Tokyo. They can showcase the Frozen model for HKDL too and WDSP can just sort of straddle DCA/HKDL.

BlakeW39

I think there will be a lot of international stuff. However in terms of huge WDW anouncememts it's up in the air. FW like we've talked about, but everything points to them not stopping the updating so DHS and DAK must get something eventually... I would not count on it but would not be surprised if one or both had some news.

FigmentJedi

Yeah, Indy makes much more sense in Hollywood. They even already have an attraction that can be reused as part of the section (ala Toy Story Land). Why retheme a whole land when you have already some building blocks?

I never liked the idea of putting it in Animal Kingdom too. What would the Animal version even be themed after deadly animals and gross bugs?
I've seen suggestions range from Dinoland being converted to South America to just making it Indy VS Dinosaurs

BlakeW39

Pretty sure that went silent. Indy would do better at DHS. There are ways you ciuld shoehorn Indy into DAK, but at that point, why even bother.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom