News D23 Expo 2017

Just4Pics

I'm happy Disneyworld is getting some love but I don't do coasters so GOTG and Tron along with one of the two toy story rides I can't ride. I love Disney because it's not all about coasters so I hope that isn't changing. I am excited to try the rat. I think Mickey might be cool but shouldn't have been at the expense of another ride. I was really hoping for a stitch replacement and Brazil....I hope this is it for coasters.

I love roller coasters but I still completely agree. Disney is about theming and story telling. I'm really excited about the Mickey ride and Ratatouille. I really hope they add more classic omnimover or trackless dark rides, especially to Animal Kingdom (which has none!!) and Hollywood Studios. Dark rides and the quality that goes into them are what separates Disney from lesser theme parks in my opinion.

brb1006

Very good D23 for WDW, whether you personally like what they're doing or not, a lot is happening and they're spending money.

I still LOL at the dread I see towards IPs. Give it time, a lot of these properties deserve some attention and attractions. I'm sure in time we'll get back to original home-grown IPs.

I'm really sad to lose GMR but have long come to terms with it. I was never attached to Energy but I appreciate the ride as it once was, and am sad to lose that, and I don't see how GOTG fits even though I welcome an attraction with them (hello ... DHS could have used it. GOTG and Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway no question should have been NEW builds.) But I still welcome the two new attractions. I don't mind the Disney Channel shorts Mickey being used but I do think they should have gone with the classic version. However, I think I get why they chose the current shorts version, it fits their idea of the zany attraction. IDK. It sounds like the ride will be amazing. I don't mind screens when used well. I see a lot of whining about screens.

Face it folks, love it or hate it, Marvel and Lucas ARE Disney now. It is what it is. Star Wars has been a part of the Disney family in the parks for 30 years now. Marvel will have ONE attraction in WDW. It's not taking over. It's taking over DCA ...

I'm curious to learn more details about the new Future World concept art they showed. I imagine we won't get that much greenery. Also curious about what the new Speedway will look like.

LOVE the new Space themed restaurant! Looks really cool. Is this going to be in addition to whatever replaces Electric Umbrella, meaning they'll have two restaurants in Future World? (I know there's also the restaurants in Land). Shame they still don't seem to know the Odyssey exists and could be used. Throw character dining in there, it will make money.

Love they dropped the news on the SW resort. Looks amazing. But I don't know that it's my goal to stay there. I think it's great and I LOVE SW but I can't even imagine how expensive it will be. Maybe when I'm retired in 30/40 years LOL

Glad to see the Disney Skyliner confirmed as well. Finally people can accept that we ARE getting gondolas! I'm thinking they look small and clearly won't hold tons of people. But it's not exactly great concept art.

I like how they announced a lot of things but left out tons of details. Gotta keep dropping hints over the years to market the heck out of these things. No name for Guardians ride? No real concept art for the Mickey ride? No ACTUAL DATE for Toy Story Land? "Summer"? Really? Why bother saying anything then? I think most of us here realize it's probably going to be open by Memorial Day, that seems to be their go-to lately but still ...

Poor Disneyland/DCA. They got the shaft this time. Now they know how it feels to get ignored and then get basically a crap announcement. Pixar Pier? LMAO. That's awful. Paradise Pier wasn't my favorite but LOL. At least the design seems similar in a way to Toyville in Tokyo DisneySea so maybe it won't be SO awful? This kind of thing is where I roll my eyes at IP being shoved in.

I also have to imagine they may be saving some things for comic-con, like more details on the Marvel land for DCA and maybe another tidbit about the Epcot GOTG attraction. We know it's a coaster/hybrid but why not announce that?

Glad TRON is a NEW build. Also glad to see the MK confirming their new Broadway-style theater space. I think that's a very smart investment for them as this park needs ADDED capacity not huge draws. I still think they need something in Adventureland and Stitch needs a replacement, Buzz could use a replacement ... hope they still have lots of Tomorrowland plans on the table.

Gee, guess Clickbait's Zootopia land didn't get announced ;)
I wonder what the first show for the new MK theater will be?

brb1006

imo,

Good:
Tron
Rat
Guardians replacing UoE
SW hotel
New transportation at WDW
Mission Space refurb/restaurant
Future World overhaul
PtN to DCA (would rather this in DL but whatever)

Meh/Reserving judgement:
Mickey replacing GMR
Marvel land
Cars Land Halloween

Bad:
Pixar parade to DL
Pixar Pier

Can't say I'm that unhappy.
Pixar Play Parade is going to feel out of place.

tractor tipper

Does anybody have a price tag on Disney's investment in the WDW park area, say starting with new FL to current projects then beyond with just announced projects?

odmichael

Does anybody have a price tag on Disney's investment in the WDW park area, say starting with new FL to current projects then beyond with just announced projects?
I think at the last D23 it was $3billion. Idk how it has changed since. It seems like they are investing more. But by how much idk.

Cousin Huet

Nope. It's unfortunate but they didn't announce anything for that.

Yea, that space is due for a new use but I think there is only so much info you can pump into these D23 sessions and get your money's worth. They got plenty of buzz out of what they announced and keeping a few things back gives them future firepower. They have a few years to roll out more but I would think that a whole new concept going into Stitch and Laugh Floor would really top off the tomorrowland overhaul. Of course I think Speedway, Buzz, Carousel of Progress, People Mover and Space Mtn. all need some TLC to bring them up to date too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom