D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

trainplane3

Would be very excited if it is. Only original poster I’m bummed I missed. Grabbed the litho, but I’d get the big serigraph as well. 🤞
It's the only thing that came up after Soarin' so I'd be surprised if it wasn't the next one:
Obviously the link isn't and won't be functional until March.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

So after digging through some links in hopes to find something, it looks like March will be...

It's the only thing that came up after Soarin' so I'd be surprised if it wasn't the next one:
Obviously the link isn't and won't be functional until March.
If this is the case, then so far they have been following the plan in that blog post.

One thing though, the blog post states:

Soarin’ (Confirmed)
The Living Seas (TBD but Likely)
The Land (???)

If that is the case: that means their are 4 serigraphs a set (Moana happened). Which doesn’t make sense given new neighborhoods are released one a quarter. Unless they aren’t following the blog post order.

trainplane3

If this is the case, then so far they have been following the plan in that blog post.

One thing though, the blog post states:

Soarin’ (Confirmed)
The Living Seas (TBD but Likely)
The Land (???)

If that is the case: that means their are 4 serigraphs a set (Moana happened). Which doesn’t make sense given new neighborhoods are released one a quarter. Unless they aren’t following the blog post order.
I'm not sure either. I haven't looked into it much from the initial release. You'd think "per quarter" would be 3 months=3 serigraphs. But then again @SeanOfDisney mentioned 16 posters so....

It's all about as clear as mud.

Surferboy567

To update this post if my theory is correct:

This:
So was looking at the dates for the quarters (as I assume they mean fiscal quarters) and saw that:

Quarter 1 (World Nature) ends on March 31
Quarter 2 ends on June 30th
Quarter 3 ends on September 30th
Quarter 4 ends on December 31

Maybe we can use this as a jumping off point for when to expect new sets of litho and posters?

Assuming that this is how they release them:

World Nature:
LITHO SET #1 January 18th
Poster 1: January: Moana
Poster 2: February: Soarin’
Poster 3: March: ? (Either The Seas with Nemo, Living Seas, The Land, Kitchen Kabaret, or Turtle Talk with Crush)

TBD:
LITHO SET #2: April 1st
Poster 4: April
Poster 5: May
Poster 6: June

TBD:
LITHO SET #3 July 1st
Poster 7: July
Poster 8: August
Poster 9: September

TBD:
LITHO SET #4 October 1st
Poster 10: October
Poster 11: November
Poster 12: December

EDIT: If they keep following this pattern it seems 7 lithos are released at once (however this may be change with different neighborhoods).

If it is 7 lithos every wave that would mean their are 28 lithos in this series

It is possible more then 7 lithos could be released at once
Becomes this:

World Nature:
LITHO SET #1 January 18th
Poster 1: January: Moana
Poster 2: February: Soarin’
Poster 3: March: ? (Living Seas)
Poster 4: April: ? (The Land)

TBD:
LITHO SET #2: May 1
Poster 5: May
Poster 6: June
Poster 7: July
Poster 8: August

TBD:
LITHO SET #3 September 1
Poster 7: September
Poster 8: October
Poster 9: November
Poster 10: December

trainplane3

So the Soarin' image is up and it's actually a picture of the actual poster. I hope there's another angle tomorrow because this doesn't show off the difference with the 2020 series. I'll still give SD credit for going further then uploading a image that was given to them.
Q3yXJeD.png

The 2020 release:
NIUDryw.png

The 2020 in person and poor lighting:
CiTHMQD.jpg

For the FB group, I actually put effort into a header image as well late last month. Only using the official poster images too. It's been updated for February:
OiR3YzR.png

Edit:
They listened to the feedback and criticism! An angle has been added to the listing along with adding back "Printed in U.S.A. by Cyclops Print Works".
kvnJgp4.png

It's still difficult to see but you can catch a bit of the UV gloss and metallic accent.

And Land with Nemo for next month. Welp, RIP Living Seas I guess?

Last edited:
If they are truly limiting it to 16 prints for the serigraph series then it seems like we'll see 1 per month for the 1st two of the quarter with 2 on the final month of the quarter. Maybe the first two are for ones with higher anticipated demand while the last two have lower anticipated demand and they are thinking Cyclops can handle the workload of both posters?

We know from 2020 they can handle at least @ 1200 each monthly drop. We also know the team is willing to attempt to change the plan mid run due to the qty changes last year.

It'll be interesting to see the numbering on each of them when they finally ship. What will also be interesting will be the less popular prints will have lower run numbers possibly making them harder to find in the future for any completists that missed the drop.

I've got one additional theory on the release schedule I'll save for another post...

projectgamma

And Land with Nemo for next month. Welp, RIP Living Seas I guess?
If that is the case, I sort have had a feeling they were going to focus on the newer attractions and not the nostalgic ones. What better way to entice people to go to the parks! But I can only hope they rerelease the original living seas at one point. If they focused on more nostalgia, it would sell a lot more with these posters.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom