D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

trainplane3

That's my problem. It sounds too good be true. I trust cyclops not shopdisney.
Well maybe it'll make you feel better that Cyclops said they could do variants, sent test runs over to merch team(s), SD said "sure do these ones like that", and Cyclops does what they need to do. SD set the price, Cyclops has to make them to the established quality regardless in the end. SD still don't think $100 posters will sell. I feel it might be true for Moana but the others...not so much.

SD is a weird, wonky thing that somehow "works". I'm just glad people yelling enough got another run to happen and a open one at that.

michmousefan

You'd think that the SD folks would put up one of the more popular posters first, to see what the reaction/interest was for the $100 serigraph. As @trainplane3 points out, the overall sales for Moana vs, say, Imagination will be considerably different, I'd wager.

trainplane3

Perhaps they want to work out the kinks with a less popular poster.
There really aren't kinks to work out. They wouldn't get the go ahead if there were issues to still work out. The only true kink is to get UPS to stop smashing tubes (but that's out of their control. Though they did get stronger tubes as last years run went on).

I wish it was Seas, Land, and Soarin' for this first quarter. I'm hoping for Seas or Land to still be a serigraph for this run.
As far as popularity, using the "most popular" setting on the Epcot page:
popular.JPG

And on the art page:
popular 2.JPG

I have a feeling Moana wouldn't be that high if it wasn't a serigraph release. The Epcot posters are definitely smashing the rest of the art section though. Then again, no idea how accurate the sorting options are.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

There really aren't kinks to work out. They wouldn't get the go ahead if there were issues to still work out. The only true kink is to get UPS to stop smashing tubes (but that's out of their control. Though they did get stronger tubes as last years run went on).

I wish it was Seas, Land, and Soarin' for this first quarter. I'm hoping for Seas or Land to still be a serigraph for this run.
View attachment 527397
And on the art page:
View attachment 527398
I have a feeling Moana wouldn't be that high if it wasn't a serigraph release. The Epcot posters are definitely smashing the rest of the art section though. Then again, no idea how accurate the sorting options are.
I think the seas will get a poster. They may have even already gave us the order as someone else mentioned.

EDIT: To clarify, The Living Seas

griffin ferrari

View attachment 527397
And on the art page:
View attachment 527398
There is no way that they would do two at once right?

trainplane3

There is no way that they would do two at once right?
No idea. We do have the 50th coming up and most likely posters for that. I think they probably don't want to get overwhelmed. They're a very small team.

MK is most likely:
119515829_2654611274761787_5905896168982657518_o.jpg

139063799_2747095408846706_1418949708455989546_o.jpg

And HM:
129667749_2717064651849782_748878181188334961_o.jpg

From the artists FB page: https://www.facebook.com/artofjeremyfulton/

Just thinking about FW East- sorry, World Discovery, there's so many popular ones to choose from. Horizons, UoE, WoL, TT, WoM, GotG (popular or not, it's a 100 release), M:S (same as GotG)...I really wonder what they'd pick for those ones if we're stuck with only 3.

Surferboy567

No idea. We do have the 50th coming up and most likely posters for that. I think they probably don't want to get overwhelmed. They're a very small team.

MK is most likely:
119515829_2654611274761787_5905896168982657518_o.jpg

139063799_2747095408846706_1418949708455989546_o.jpg

And HM:
129667749_2717064651849782_748878181188334961_o.jpg

From the artists FB page: https://www.facebook.com/artofjeremyfulton/

Just thinking about FW East- sorry, World Discovery, there's so many popular ones to choose from. Horizons, UoE, WoL, TT, WoM, GotG (popular or not, it's a 100 release), M:S (same as GotG)...I really wonder what they'd pick for those ones if we're stuck with only 3.
World Discovery has so many that I really want. The other neighborhoods have only a couple each.

Would they do any other parks? Such as MK probably not in these style posters but something entirely different.

trainplane3

World Discovery has so many that I really want. The other neighborhoods have only a couple each.

Would they do any other parks? Such as MK probably not in these style posters but something entirely different.
I think it's a guarantee Cyclops will handle MK posters. They print a lot of stuff out there.

I'm personally hoping for a poster for each land (my own hopes). If we're getting a HM poster, I feel like we might get ones of opening day attractions? Or maybe popular "original" attractions? Again, only guessing with that.

Surferboy567

I think it's a guarantee Cyclops will handle MK posters. They print a lot of stuff out there.

I'm personally hoping for a poster for each land (my own hopes). If we're getting a HM poster, I feel like we might get ones of opening day attractions? Or maybe popular "original" attractions? Again, only guessing with that.
Individual land posters would be super cool but taking it a bit further...I would like individual ATTRACTION posters. Like you said, popular attractions but to take it even further maybe even newer additions to the Magic Kingdom.

For now though, I am staying focused on these EPCOT prints. It really adds up with framing and acquiring prints.

trainplane3

I know this isn't really Disney, but adjacent: Cedar Point is doing a series of really nice posters that remind me of the style of the Epcot series. The first two are available now: View attachment 527603
at https://cedarpointonlineshop.com/

The rest of the series will be released at Cedar Point first next month, then will come online 2/24:
View attachment 527604
Had to get the skyline poster. Weird run and in the initial blog post they didn't state anything about them being limited. Skyline is 108 and entrance sign is 144.

thunderclap8

Had to get the skyline poster. Weird run and in the initial blog post they didn't state anything about them being limited. Skyline is 108 and entrance sign is 144.
Yeah I think they're new to limited releases - still more smoothly than ShopDisney though :)

I got Skyline too, really excited about it.

I also just noticed that Skyline is sold out.

Surferboy567

michmousefan

Yeah I think they're new to limited releases - still more smoothly than ShopDisney though :)

I got Skyline too, really excited about it.

I also just noticed that Skyline is sold out.
I've gotten a lot of similar posters from the artist, Josh, at his site shop.madetothrill.com. His Space Mountain print is great... he also came up with some cool "Starport Seven Five" apparel, that amazingly, Disney still has not.

space_mountain_disney_world_poster_2100x.jpg

Mesa Azul

I'm going to need frame recommendations (Amazon ideally) for the smaller matted frames. I bought these, but they don't work:

Just to be clear, they're nice frames but are not thick enough for the double matting.
The natural wood one I posted earlier is this one from target. They also have a black metal version I really like and I've used for the double matted Horizons print of the same size from this year's Epcot festival of the arts. The black one is a little easier to work with, as the clips on the back are completely adjustable (bendable) to fit a thicker double matte, though they fit the Horizons print with no struggle. With the wooden frame I used for Living Seas it did take a little pressure to force the back on, but it works fine with a little pressure. Honestly, if you want a simple black frame, that frame from Target is really nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom