D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

projectgamma

Seems like the are doing all the future world prints in the smaller sizes and then releasing one of the 12 more popular ones each month (by neighborhood) in the larger limited release size.

Weird thing is they mention that the prints will change quarterly (despite fact that there are 4 LRs this go-round), so maybe world showcase will be included.
From what I read and interpret, it does seem like that. It will be interesting which ones they not make in the larger form. The good thing is from what I gather, is that the small prints will be there for 3 months. If they don't have the three I really want(GOG, Living Seas, Universe of Energy) in larger form, I will just buy the smaller ones. I just hope shopdisney will find a way to combine shipping costs. I know they won't but I can dream. I just can't double dip to buy duplicates of the ones I have. That is unless they give a good discount for those who like to buy the bigger ones who have the first batches. Again I know they won't but I can dream.

FigmentFan82

@trainplane3 You mentioned that the limited timed large posters will be hand numbered based on the quantity that sells (I have a Mondo that was done this way and the edition ended up a little over 7000) Do you happen to know how they'll handle the numbered distribution? Will the earliest purchases get the lower numbers? Or will they throw everyone's name into a pot and start picking them out?

trainplane3

Well...I just pulled the trigger on a Soarin’ print. Let’s see what happens. Been eyeing these for a while happy I didn’t go with an Etsy one. They are still expensive but I am sure will look great.
It'll look like your standard Disney lithograph. Not as good looking as the serigraph since the colors won't soar off the page but the quality will easily crush the resellers.

Either someone else or I will talk to a friend at some point soonish to get some more clarification on this wonky release schedule but like @projectgamma said above, I believe the lithos will hang for 3 months and while the serigraph changes monthly. So you could wait until the 3rd month and then buy. That way you don't double buy (a litho and and a serigraph).

Looking back at my email and a separate talk I had with someone, there's a lot of similarities between what I suggested and what actually ended up happening.

@trainplane3 You mentioned that the limited timed large posters will be hand numbered based on the quantity that sells (I have a Mondo that was done this way and the edition ended up a little over 7000) Do you happen to know how they'll handle the numbered distribution? Will the earliest purchases get the lower numbers? Or will they throw everyone's name into a pot and start picking them out?
No idea on how they'll be numbered. I'd guess randomly since we all found out in September that ShopDisney doesn't track orders based on the time they're placed (early orders cancelled, late orders shipped). I'll be glad to be proven wrong.

FigmentFan82

No idea on how they'll be numbered. I'd guess randomly since we all found out in September that ShopDisney doesn't track orders based on the time they're placed (early orders cancelled, late orders shipped). I'll be glad to be proven wrong.
Really hope they would get their act together and make sure the earliest purchases get the lowest numbers. I purchased the Moana poster not too long after I saw the info about the new releases posted here, so I guess I'll see once these finally ship out. I forget if you mentioned but are the World Showcase pavilions being re released as well? The rest I'd like to definitely acquire are...
  • Imagination
  • Spaceship Earth
  • France
  • Maelstrom

trainplane3

Really hope they would get their act together and make sure the earliest purchases get the lowest numbers. I purchased the Moana poster not too long after I saw the info about the new releases posted here, so I guess I'll see once these finally ship out. I forget if you mentioned but are the World Showcase pavilions being re released as well? The rest I'd like to definitely acquire are...
  • Imagination
  • Spaceship Earth
  • France
  • Maelstrom
Lithos of WS should be happening. As for serigraphs, I think popular ones? That's a total guess.

If there was a chance that I somehow knew any of the releases over the year, Mickey would show up at my door and end my existence.

runnsally

Lithos of WS should be happening. As for serigraphs, I think popular ones? That's a total guess.

If there was a chance that I somehow knew any of the releases over the year, Mickey would show up at my door and end my existence.
Since the press release mentioned quarterly updates by neighborhood, seems likely that each of the four neighborhoods including world showcase will get lithographs for most (all?) and select serigraphs.

trainplane3

Since the press release mentioned quarterly updates by neighborhood, seems likely that each of the four neighborhoods including world showcase will get lithographs for most (all?) and select serigraphs.
That's my thought too.

As I was told, the whole announcement is "as clear as mud" and is "not what they said they were going to actually do". There's much more that's going to happen with this art that was supposed to launch at the same time as this release but you can see what happened. We got a few items added to SD versus a nice launch page showing them and other things off.

People have asked me why they should even buy the new serigraphs and aside from my explanation a few pages back, there's nothing. The description doesn't even say Cyclops anywhere, just "Printed in U.S.A.". Perhaps it's a good thing they launched with Moana, since it's not as popular and the people that decided not to buy can see what the new ones look like (sort by popular, the serigraph is second behind the Land litho, the litho is literally last to all the lithos released).

Surferboy567

It'll look like your standard Disney lithograph. Not as good looking as the serigraph since the colors won't soar off the page but the quality will easily crush the resellers.

Either someone else or I will talk to a friend at some point soonish to get some more clarification on this wonky release schedule but like @projectgamma said above, I believe the lithos will hang for 3 months and while the serigraph changes monthly. So you could wait until the 3rd month and then buy. That way you don't double buy (a litho and and a serigraph).

Looking back at my email and a separate talk I had with someone, there's a lot of similarities between what I suggested and what actually ended up happening.

The thing for me, the lithos are the best of both worlds since they are more affordable, and give me more wall space should I get more.

The ones that I really wanted to get are:

Test Track
Mission Space
Imagination
Soarin (acquired)

Their are more I want but those are my top priority and given the pricing probably the ones I would go for.

Mesa Azul

The thing for me, the lithos are the best of both worlds since they are more affordable, and give me more wall space should I get more.

The ones that I really wanted to get are:

Test Track
Mission Space
Imagination
Soarin (acquired)

Their are more I want but those are my top priority and given the pricing probably the ones I would go for.
Agreed, they're a great size. Glad we got that option officially for these, and having them matted and ready to frame is fantastic.

Watch out... some resellers on the Site That Shall Not Be Named already have some listings up that do a poor job of differentiating between the original and variant prints. Stock photo they are using is the only difference. Listing description references it as limited xx/100.

Pinged them to confirm and outlined the differences... we'll see if they update the listings accordingly.

wonkabars7

Watch out... some resellers on the Site That Shall Not Be Named already have some listings up that do a poor job of differentiating between the original and variant prints. Stock photo they are using is the only difference. Listing description references it as limited xx/100.

Pinged them to confirm and outlined the differences... we'll see if they update the listings accordingly.
Just flag and report to ebay...let them lean on them about it too.

and just like that the listings disappeared...

Now all we need is for any folks who DO have an extra of the original one list it as an auction or post it in the classifieds here so those of us still on the hunt can take a crack at them 😉.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Was looking at the posters and seeing what ones to buy, when this magically appeared.

Attachments

• Coming soon...PNG
    Coming soon...PNG
    330.7 KB · Views: 134

Surferboy567

So was looking at the dates for the quarters (as I assume they mean fiscal quarters) and saw that:

Quarter 1 (World Nature) ends on March 31
Quarter 2 ends on June 30th
Quarter 3 ends on September 30th
Quarter 4 ends on December 31

Maybe we can use this as a jumping off point for when to expect new sets of litho and posters?

Assuming that this is how they release them:

World Nature:
LITHO SET #1 January 18th
Poster 1: January: Moana
Poster 2: February: Soarin’
Poster 3: March: ? (Either The Seas with Nemo, Living Seas, The Land, Kitchen Kabaret, or Turtle Talk with Crush)

TBD:
LITHO SET #2: April 1st
Poster 4: April
Poster 5: May
Poster 6: June

TBD:
LITHO SET #3 July 1st
Poster 7: July
Poster 8: August
Poster 9: September

TBD:
LITHO SET #4 October 1st
Poster 10: October
Poster 11: November
Poster 12: December

EDIT: If they keep following this pattern it seems 7 lithos are released at once (however this may be change with different neighborhoods).

If it is 7 lithos every wave that would mean their are 28 lithos in this series

It is possible more then 7 lithos could be released at once

Last edited:

projectgamma

Was looking at the posters and seeing what ones to buy, when this magically appeared.
If you don't mind me asking, where did you find the "coming soon" information?

Edit: Never mind. Had to go through the parks blog to find the link.

Just in case they don't rerelease the living seas, I am going to need a lot of time to digest if it does not become a serigraph again.
I am surprised they never thought of releasing the art as gift cards. It would be ingenious.

Last edited:

trainplane3

If you don't mind me asking, where did you find the "coming soon" information? Just in case they don't rerelease the living seas, I would need time to digest. I am surprised they never thought of releasing the art as gift cards. It would be ingenious.
I wasn't able to find it but they're slowly starting to update SD to have a presence for them:
poster1.PNG

Still don't say "Printed by Cyclops" though.

Better images were taken recently but I'm not sure they'll be used. For those that are unsure, I keep being told this new run is "stunning".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom