D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

Ddad4

Do you think they will reissue the first pair of Epcot designs with 1982 / 2019? Those might be very tempting. I am having a hard time with the idea of filling in missing designs due to the different size. But those two could stand alone.

trainplane3

Do you think they will reissue the first pair of Epcot designs with 1982 / 2019? Those might be very tempting. I am having a hard time with the idea of filling in missing designs due to the different size. But those two could stand alone.
I don't think so but I have no info those two. They were 24x36 already so these variations could be too close to those.

Surferboy567

My question revolves around the lithographs as someone who isn’t really into collecting art and just really likes these posters.

Are the lithographs limited? If I wait to buy Soarin’ till let’s say Imagination is available will I have an issue?

Are the lithographs numbered?

Do the lithographs have the same printing as the limited prints?

michmousefan

Actually...
I was given permission to share the following:
- Serigraphs and lithos will be done by Cyclops
- The serigraphs WILL be hand numbered once the run is done. If Moana sells 143, it'll be out of 143.
- The attraction title and Epcot logo will be in metallic ink
- The UV ink is "interesting". It's an additional layer over the entire poster that creates some kind of "movement".
- The black paper is supposedly much "heavier", kind of like a "leathery" finish.
- ShopDisney completely butchered the release. Should've had more detail like above, better images, and even a launch page.
- This is a long-term, multi-year release (obviously) for serigraphs. Moana this month, X next month, Y the following.
- Everything will see a re-release.
- ShopDisney gave them a $100 price. Should be MUCH more because the margin on these is extremely tight. SD also said "$90 posters will never sell" at one point.
My info and not my sources:
- If ShopDisney did their job properly, some random person on the internet wouldn't have to share the info like this. You guys are seriously bad at this.

Shared on the FB page as well^
Thanks, @trainplane3 ! If anyone was gonna have the inside scoop, it would be you. Much appreciated.

Mesa Azul

Yeah, kind of thinking the same. Oh well. If that’s the case I’m totally fine with the matted smaller Living Seas. I’ll wait and see, as that seems like it will be available for a while.

hopemax

AAAAHHHHH!

Now I don't know what to do. I definitely would buy a larger size Imagination and Horizons. These are my absolute favorites so I don't care that they will be larger than the originals, probably good they are bigger. From a wall space perspective lithos are preferrable. My immediate issue is that I really like the Moana poster and don't know what size to get. Also, I think I would be fine with a larger Living Seas one, but what if I wait for that and they don't make one and then I've missed out on the litho size? Lastly, I was fine(for space and money) issues skipping ones like Turtle Talk or Disney Play, and most of the WS pavilions but at this price point/size do I want to be completist?

Mesa Azul

My question revolves around the lithographs as someone who isn’t really into collecting art and just really likes these posters.

Are the lithographs limited? If I wait to buy Soarin’ till let’s say Imagination is available will I have an issue?

It’s hard to know, but looking at the original article shared

Along with the new posters, each quarter, you’ll be able to collect fun 14×18 inch open edition EPCOT lithographs of the posters along with others from the accompanying neighborhood also available now on shopDisney.com.

So, I’m taking that to mean they’re available while screen prints of that neighborhood are being done, then they’re going to shift to another set of open editions. It’s likely Imagination and Horizons will be in that next or an upcoming batch, but I wouldn’t count on all of them being offered together.

They look to be unnumbered, and only limited by time.

Mesa Azul

Throwing out Mary Poppins and World Celebration, there were six new attraction posters from the set:

1. Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
2. Space 220 Restaurant
3. Journey of Water
4. Remy's Ratatouille Adventure
5. Harmonious
6. Play!

Add in current attractions, and you'd have nine more:

7. Spaceship Earth
8. Mission: Space
9. The Seas with Nemo & Friends
10. Turtle Talk with Crush
11. Imagination
12. Soarin' Around the World
13. The Land
14. Gran Fiesta Tour
15. Test Track

And that would get us to fifteen, even before adding any of the World Showcase attractions. Sixteen seems like we'd be losing a lot of the old pavilions, but maybe I'm wrong? If they were going for best sellers, Imagination and Horizons would be a bad miss on their part, but then again, having the lithographs available is a nice option. 🤷

From a re-read of the original announcement it looks like the lithos will be un-numbered and only released while the prints from that neighborhood are released.

Bottom line... if you like it and want it I'd say go ahead and get it now. Definitely doesn't look like it'll be around when Imagination drops and as the last year has proved you never know what other unexpected things or Disney decisions could change it's availability status.

For your last question - the lithos are printed differently than the limited serigraphs. The serigraph process is much more labor intensive and results in a more vibrant and rich print.

Mesa Azul

From a re-read of the original announcement it looks like the lithos will be un-numbered and only released while the prints from that neighborhood are released.

Bottom line... if you like it and want it I'd say go ahead and get it now. Definitely doesn't look like it'll be around when Imagination drops and as the last year has proved you never know what other unexpected things or Disney decisions could change it's availability status.

For your last question - the lithos are printed differently than the limited serigraphs. The serigraph process is much more labor intensive and results in a more vibrant and rich print.
They're different, but the lithograph process is an art form in and of itself. Definitely not as labor intensive to do as a screen print, but they are still a wonderful reproduction method and produce very beautiful prints. I think you have to approach them both as their own thing, and I think having the smaller prints as lithos makes a lot of sense. I'm sure they'll both look amazing on the wall, but yeah, none of that extra embellishing they're going to do for the larger pieces. I'm really curious how the new screen prints turn out with the metallic accents.

They're different, but the lithograph process is an art form in and of itself. Definitely not as labor intensive to do as a screen print, but they are still a wonderful reproduction method and produce very beautiful prints. I think you have to approach them both as their own thing, and I think having the smaller prints as lithos makes a lot of sense. I'm sure they'll both look amazing on the wall, but yeah, none of that extra embellishing they're going to do for the larger pieces. I'm really curious how the new screen prints turn out with the metallic accents.
Well said... didn't mean to take anything away from the litho's or the choice by anyone to purchase them with my comment.

The smaller size option is a no brainer on Disney's part. Definitely a welcome addition after seeing the 11x17 knock off abominations of the original prints being sold on the Site That Shall Not Be Named.

RSoxNo1

I was going to be buying two Kitchen Kabaret (one for my brother) and one Land of the $39.99 prints. The estimated shipping on 3 prints is $62.95. It appears that they are adding a $15 handling fee per item, so the smaller prints are really $54.99 and the larger ones are $114.99.

Mesa Azul

I agree. I don’t know why they hide that $15 fee until the end. I’d be happy paying $54.99 a print, but it’s that shock add on at the end that makes people nope out. Might as well stop trying to be cute and just show the real price. Add-on fees just people off.

Figments Friend

Didn't I say they would re-issue and release these in some form post-limited run?

I knew this was coming eventually....just didn't think it would be this soon.

Glad to know I can now ( hopefully ) pick up the designs I like in a far more affordable form.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom