D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

Captain Barbossa

Thanks all for sharing your thoughts on the unofficial posters/copies on Etsy and eBay. To be honest, I had no idea that Disney was selling these until 2 or 3 months ago, so I missed out on a few that I’d love to have. I definitely plan on getting the originals for the remaining posters that I want that haven’t been released yet. I just saw the unofficial prints/copies as a way to get the ones that I want that I missed out on.

Figments Friend

Thanks all for sharing your thoughts on the unofficial posters/copies on Etsy and eBay. To be honest, I had no idea that Disney was selling these until 2 or 3 months ago, so I missed out on a few that I’d love to have. I definitely plan on getting the originals for the remaining posters that I want that haven’t been released yet. I just saw the unofficial prints/copies as a way to get the ones that I want that I missed out on.

It's cool.
I have also missed several i rather liked but did'nt learn of the prints being sold online until the sales time of several of the ones i would have considered was long over.
I hope you can find some good quality duplicates in your search for repros.

The 'Epcot' series is stunning, and i really love a lot of the designs.
The Land, Imagination, Horizons, Living Seas, and UoE are terrific.
Love the color choices, too.
I will have to sit by the wayside and collect 'digital' versions only....as i don't have the means to invest in the first run prints.

-

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
It's cool.
I have also missed several i rather liked but did'nt learn of the prints being sold online until the sales time of several of the ones i would have considered was long over.
I hope you can find some good quality duplicates in your search for repros.

The 'Epcot' series is stunning, and i really love a lot of the designs.
The Land, Imagination, Horizons, Living Seas, and UoE are terrific.
Love the color choices, too.
I will have to sit by the wayside and collect 'digital' versions only....as i don't have the means to invest in the first run prints.

-
Which prints were you looking to get? I'm curious as to which ones folks want. I am guessing by your av, that Imagination would have been on the top of your list?

trainplane3

Which prints were you looking to get? I'm curious as to which ones folks want. I am guessing by your av, that Imagination would have been on the top of your list?
I'll answer this question:
Literally the old FW pavilions. They're the quick sellers. Living Seas was gone in about 4 hours while The Seas with Nemo and Friends was still there for...uh...8? The big FW pavilion release from 2 months ago had Imagination gone in 45 mins, Horizons going in and out of stock around 3 1/2 hours, UoE gone in 4, and CC gone in 5. Meanwhile WS pavilions hang for a day or more.

They know FW pavilions move fast, especially the originals. And especially good art of them (which is incredibly rare now and even back then).

Figments Friend

And you guessed correctly !

The 'Imagination' poster in this series would be my top choice for two reasons -
The colors, subject matter, and overall layout.
Other reason being i was and am a major fan of the Original Attraction, so i also have personal ties to it from that perspective.

Second choice would be 'The Land'.
Really like the color palette used and the overall design for that poster.
The hot air balloons, references to the boat ride, the entrance mural, and more tidbits.

Third choice would probably be 'The Living Seas' design.
Attractive colors and another great job referencing elements from the former Original Attraction.

As far as what poster(s) i would think would be most 'in demand' -

I would assume 'Horizons' is a very popular choice since there are many hardcore fans of the original Attraction.
The poster would sell just based on that fact.
One of THE most missed former EPCOT Center Attractions, next to the Original 'Journey Into Imagination'.
The 'Imagination' poster is also likely very much a favorite with many fans.
Those two, for sure.

-

Captain Barbossa

In terms of the posters/prints that have already been released that I missed out on, I want The 21st Century Begins, Spaceship Earth, Maelstrom, and the American Adventure. I was planning to get the Maelstrom and AA print, but by the time I got to ShopDisney, it was too late. There are still some official AA prints on eBay from $100-$140. No official 21st Century, SE, or Maelstrom prints on eBay, and if any do surface, the price will be ridiculously high and definitely not within my budget. These are the prints that I will probably have to get the unofficial copies of.

In terms of the posters/prints that haven’t been released yet, I want to get IllumiNations, the Millennium Celebration, the Land, and World of Motion. I think I saw someone say that there’s a very good chance that both IllumiNations and the Millennium Celebration will be a part of the September release.

Horizons1

In terms of the posters/prints that have already been released that I missed out on, I want The 21st Century Begins, Spaceship Earth, Maelstrom, and the American Adventure. I was planning to get the Maelstrom and AA print, but by the time I got to ShopDisney, it was too late. There are still some official AA prints on eBay from $100-$140. No official 21st Century, SE, or Maelstrom prints on eBay, and if any do surface, the price will be ridiculously high and definitely not within my budget. These are the prints that I will probably have to get the unofficial copies of.

In terms of the posters/prints that haven’t been released yet, I want to get IllumiNations, the Millennium Celebration, the Land, and World of Motion. I think I saw someone say that there’s a very good chance that both IllumiNations and the Millennium Celebration will be a part of the September release.
There is a Maelstrom print currently listed, but it is up with a Frozen print. The seller is trying to push it for 1500. 🤣

Have you tried making offers to sellers? Most of these people are just desperate for cash. I got a seller to come down on an AA today from 100 to 80.

Captain Barbossa

There is a Maelstrom print currently listed, but it is up with a Frozen print. The seller is trying to push it for 1500. 🤣
🤣 Yeah, no. I’m gonna pass on that lol. The only reason I’d get a Frozen print is so I could wipe my @$$ with it.

Have you tried making offers to sellers? Most of these people are just desperate for cash. I got a seller to come down on an AA today from 100 to 80.
There’s a few between $115-$130 that are accepting offers. I might take a crack at one, but right now my “fun stuff” budget isn’t the largest at the moment, and I’m trying to make sure I have enough set aside to get both the IllumiNations and Millennium Celebration prints if they are released on Labor Day. So I might have to pass on the AA right now.

Horizons1

🤣 Yeah, no. I’m gonna pass on that lol. The only reason I’d get a Frozen print is so I could wipe my @$$ with it.

There’s a few between $115-$130 that are accepting offers. I might take a crack at one, but right now my “fun stuff” budget isn’t the largest at the moment, and I’m trying to make sure I have enough set aside to get both the IllumiNations and Millennium Celebration prints if they are released on Labor Day. So I might have to pass on the AA right now.
No worries. Just wanted to make sure you knew you could do that in hopes of helping you get what you need! 😊

hornett

I totally missed your post (somehow, I don't know how I managed that) and didn't mean to summarize and copy what you were saying.
You didn't miss it it had to be approved by a mod so was delayed. But you post was great with actual close up pics. Uber thicc inks.

flutas

I honestly don't see these selling out the same day. They will be numbered to 300, and if the previous release is any indication, these will be available for a day or 2. The Future World defunct attractions are selling out very quickly however. Illuminations will sell out first I'm sure.

Yep, LE 300 this time correctly stated on shopDisney lol. ;)

Hmmm...I was expecting the World Celebration print to be pulled.

It may yet be and we only see 3 drop this time.

All the other posters are having proper metadata loaded in and it's...just sitting there. menacingly

Rue D'Baga

I am going to do my best to get Illuminations on the 7th. That would be my 1st one, fingers crossed.

I am bummed about missing France...I'm an IDF fan so I'd love to get my hands on one. Ebay is going for $300 though...no thanks!

7B5F5EF1-FE04-4279-98D5-F2C9CD2AD644.jpeg

Just hung my new set on the wall with one space reserved for a very special one that is coming soon. I love them so far

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom