D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

ElvisMickey

This is a safe space/thread. No need to judge others for wanting some beautiful art.

Oh, I’m not judging. I would love those posters from a legit source. But you’re cool with $90 a piece?

As an Orlando local and AP holder, I can’t tell you how many things I would love to buy at WDW. But the pricing, even with AP discounts, is entirely ridiculous.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Oh, I’m not judging. I would love those posters from a legit source. But you’re cool with $90 a piece?
The Shop Disney website isn't a legit source?

Originally I wasn't on board with that price tag but then started thinking that this is art, its limited and some of them are attractions I will always cherish. I bought my first one and was blown away at the quality/colors and overall look so I decided to buy a few more. I said this earlier but I genuinely get joy from looking at them in my home office everyday now.

999th Happy Haunt

Originally I wasn't on board with that price tag but then started thinking that this is art, its limited and some of them are attractions I will always cherish. I bought my first one and was blown away at the quality/colors and overall look so I decided to buy a few more. I said this earlier but I genuinely get joy from looking at them in my home office everyday now.
If you don’t mind can you post a picture of them in your office? Really interested to see how they look together on a wall.

ElvisMickey

I’m definitely not busting your chops or trying to start something. I just feel that’s a steep price to pay, especially these days. I love them just as much as you do. I remember seeing them online when D23 was happening last year and was like, they need to sell these! But I was thinking more of a bundle type of thing in the parks for a price point that doesn’t break the bank. If you’re looking for everything from classic EPCOT Center, that‘s at least, what...15 posters? That’s a mortgage/rent payment. And when I said “legit source”, what I meant was, that you can easily find these online, save the pics and print them out at Walgreens or wherever.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
If you don’t mind can you post a picture of them in your office? Really interested to see how they look together on a wall.

TJ.jpeg

trainplane3

I’m definitely not busting your chops or trying to start something. I just feel that’s a steep price to pay, especially these days. I love them just as much as you do. I remember seeing them online when D23 was happening last year and was like, they need to sell these! But I was thinking more of a bundle type of thing in the parks for a price point that doesn’t break the bank. If you’re looking for everything from classic EPCOT Center, that‘s at least, what...15 posters? That’s a mortgage/rent payment. And when I said “legit source”, what I meant was, that you can easily find these online, save the pics and print them out at Walgreens or wherever.
We're at 25 released as of right now with 15 more to go. Hard to believe though, the coloring on a lot of the unofficial prints are off. The largest offenders are the ones on eBay. Then you have a lot of low res ones out there. I agree though, they should be easier to get.

I'm looking at it as the usual amount I spend on art when I go to the parks over a year. If I end up getting all of the posters I want then I'll be about even with what I would've spent on just art in the parks. So while it's a stupid amount for posters, I'm almost fine with it. Also add in the fact we really don't get nice art of a pavilion on its own without Mickey or something else stamped over it.

flutas

Ikea has frames that are 19 3/4 by 27 1/2 inches, in a bunch of colors. They range around 14.99 to 24.99 per frame. They certainly aren't custom but they will do for now.

By the way, three of the four releases from Monday are still up at the store. I'm guessing the sweet spot for the WS posters is 200 and the future world old and new around 300.

FWIW, I believe the LE 300 statement was a typo.

Internally they are labeled as LE 200, and stock of 200 is what went up when they were published as well as no additional stock being added.

The optics of them being LE 300 could have prevented scalpers from going after them though, which might have helped.
Collections: WONDROUS WORLD II COLLECTION; EPCOT: THE TRANSFORMATION COLLECTION
Edition Size: 200

trainplane3

I get my UOE one back Friday - that looks SO GOOD framed and I am so excited! I guess the $90 pricetag is somewhat justified by the very high quality of the print - it came on this silvery paper-esque material (not sure what it's called) and the colors are incredibly vibrant pictures do not do it justice
Not the same size but the same type of paper:

Hello everyone! This is my first post on the forums! I have been collecting these posters since February, I currently have everything released except for the Living Seas, Spaceship Earth, Mission Space, and the two D23 posters, if anybody would like to see most of the posters situated together, and framed, let me know! I was also wondering if anybody knew of an online Disney-fan marketplace, where I might be able to find the missing five posters that isn't eBay. Mostly everything in my collection has, sadly, been purchased on eBay from scalpers, so if anybody has any questions about the pricing and what might be the most valuable, let me know! I think I have a firm grasp on that info.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Oh I totally get it, its not like these are $20 bucks. They are expensive but to me worth the price, particularly because its not something we see released very often or at all. I am quite nostalgic for the early Epcot days, so when the original Epcot attractions were released, I jumped on them, although many sold out before I woke up. I'm not going to Disney for the first time in 7 years, we haven't traveled since January, and quite honestly, I have been saving for months for these prints, so to me it justified the expense.

ElvisMickey

Oh I totally get it, its not like these are $20 bucks. They are expensive but to me worth the price, particularly because its not something we see released very often or at all. I am quite nostalgic for the early Epcot days, so when the original Epcot attractions were released, I jumped on them, although many sold out before I woke up. I'm not going to Disney for the first time in 7 years, we haven't traveled since January, and quite honestly, I have been saving for months for these prints, so to me it justified the expense.

Glad you're enjoying these! I’m a huge fan of anything classic EPCOT Center. Just as an aside though, did anyone notice how that even though they brought the classic EPCOT font back, the "C" is the only letter that isn't exactly the same? It's more rounded out, where on the original font, the "C" is flatter. I've been thinking about that for a year now lol.

trainplane3

Glad you're enjoying these! I’m a huge fan of anything classic EPCOT Center. Just as an aside though, did anyone notice how that even though they brought the classic EPCOT font back, the "C" is the only letter that isn't exactly the same? It's more rounded out, where on the original font, the "C" is flatter. I've been thinking about that for a year now lol.
It almost looks like it says EPOOT if you don't look closely enough.

michmousefan

Just as an aside though, did anyone notice how that even though they brought the classic EPCOT font back, the "C" is the only letter that isn't exactly the same? It's more rounded out, where on the original font, the "C" is flatter. I've been thinking about that for a year now lol.
I spoke with the Imagineer who worked on the rebranding of the logo at D23. I'm a bit of a typeface nerd as well and so it was fun to talk with him about the new logo. Actually each letter/character except for the T is a bit different... more rounded & circular, not as blocky, the ends of the "C" fit flusher against the curves of the "O." I really like the revised logo.

ElvisMickey

I spoke with the Imagineer who worked on the rebranding of the logo at D23. I'm a bit of a typeface nerd as well and so it was fun to talk with him about the new logo. Actually each letter/character except for the T is a bit different... more rounded & circular, not as blocky, the ends of the "C" fit flusher against the curves of the "O." I really like the revised logo.

Interesting! Did he give any particular reason why the changes?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom