D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

bubbles1812

I'm not super offended by the ride, or even the queue, which has a fun collection of movie props. It's exiting through the ImageWorks area that's really cringe-inducing.
I ride Imagination once per trip to honor the original version… which was my favorite ride in all parks 😢Man, I miss that ride.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Agreed. They should be set as Limited Release since you can't state edition size with that. There's so many technicalities with how you word stuff that it's kinda hilarious.
I have to imagine that these are LE in the sense that they only printed a fixed amount and won't be printing any more, they just never told us what that number is.

Mesa Azul

I picked up an 00 for I think $75 if I remember correctly earlier in the year. No regrets. Glad to see others will be able to get them for $25. That's a killer price. Are these only available at D23 or are they online some place too? I never did get an 01, but I probably would for that price.

Mesa Azul

Also, Figment and the Horizons butler sitting next to each other in that room might have made me cry a little. I've missed that butler sooooo much. Glad Disney is keeping him safe and bringing him out for special occasions.

DreamFinder1983

Hey all!

I am also a collector of the EPCOT serigraphs… I have started collecting the larger 24x36 sized ones that they started issuing earlier this year. That said, I unfortunately got in on the action a bit later in the game than I would’ve liked, so I missed some of the first ones that came out. This new wave actually works better for me in terms of sizing because they actually fit widely available frames (I just grabbed mine from Michael’s) whereas the original run seem to be printed in an off-size where it seemed it would be extremely difficult to find frames for them or they would end up being an excessively costly custom framing job. Fortunately, despite getting a late start to the latest run of posters (I wasn’t privy to them for a while), I was able to acquire quite the bumper crop of them. The ones I’ve acquired in the 24x36 sizing include:

• EPCOT 1982
• EPCOT 2019
• Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
• Wonders of Life
• Horizons
• Mission: SPACE
• Gran Fiesta Tour
• Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
• Maelstrom
• Frozen Ever After
• Harmonious (Coming Soon)
• IllumiNations: Reflections of Early (Coming Soon)

I believe the first 24x36 poster I grabbed on shopDisney was the one for “Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind”, so everything released before that in the newer large sizing I would have missed. I do believe I have snapped up all of them since that one though, If I’m not mistaken…

My question is this. Which 24x36 posters have I missed? From my research, I think I might be missing “Moana: Journey of Water”, “The Land”, and “The Living Seas” posters… can somebody confirm that as well as let me know if there are others that I am missing from the ones I’ve missed too? I’m curious, would anybody here happen to have extras of any of the 24x36 serigraphs that popped up that I’d be missing from early on this year? Obviously the prices on eBay are often ludicrous and for the new sizing, they are difficult to find. I think I’ve really managed only to spot a moderately okay priced one for Moana, but none of the others. That and I’m not particularly sure which ones I’m precisely missing, I just have a hunch they’re at least the ones I’ve mentioned above.

If anybody can shed some light on my little dilemma, that would be wonderful! Especially if you may have any extras of those first copies and/or know where I may acquire that first handful of releases that I would’ve missed out on…

Thanks!!!

Hey all!

I am also a collector of the EPCOT serigraphs… I have started collecting the larger 24x36 sized ones that they started issuing earlier this year. That said, I unfortunately got in on the action a bit later in the game than I would’ve liked, so I missed some of the first ones that came out. This new wave actually works better for me in terms of sizing because they actually fit widely available frames (I just grabbed mine from Michael’s) whereas the original run seem to be printed in an off-size where it seemed it would be extremely difficult to find frames for them or they would end up being an excessively costly custom framing job. Fortunately, despite getting a late start to the latest run of posters (I wasn’t privy to them for a while), I was able to acquire quite the bumper crop of them. The ones I’ve acquired in the 24x36 sizing include:

• EPCOT 1982
• EPCOT 2019
• Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
• Wonders of Life
• Horizons
• Mission: SPACE
• Gran Fiesta Tour
• Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
• Maelstrom
• Frozen Ever After
• Harmonious (Coming Soon)
• IllumiNations: Reflections of Early (Coming Soon)

I believe the first 24x36 poster I grabbed on shopDisney was the one for “Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind”, so everything released before that in the newer large sizing I would have missed. I do believe I have snapped up all of them since that one though, If I’m not mistaken…

My question is this. Which 24x36 posters have I missed? From my research, I think I might be missing “Moana: Journey of Water”, “The Land”, and “The Living Seas” posters… can somebody confirm that as well as let me know if there are others that I am missing from the ones I’ve missed too? I’m curious, would anybody here happen to have extras of any of the 24x36 serigraphs that popped up that I’d be missing from early on this year? Obviously the prices on eBay are often ludicrous and for the new sizing, they are difficult to find. I think I’ve really managed only to spot a moderately okay priced one for Moana, but none of the others. That and I’m not particularly sure which ones I’m precisely missing, I just have a hunch they’re at least the ones I’ve mentioned above.

If anybody can shed some light on my little dilemma, that would be wonderful! Especially if you may have any extras of those first copies and/or know where I may acquire that first handful of releases that I would’ve missed out on…

Thanks!!!
Appears you are missing the first 4 released Jan, Feb, & March of this year. They were:

Journey of Water (Jan)
Soarin (Feb)
Living Seas (March)
The Land (March)

FYI - Harmonious released last month. Hopefully you got it as there are likely not going to be very many copies floating around. Illuminations is live on sale now... ending at the end of month.

Looks like you've got the others covered... good that you have Wonders of Life as that one does not appear to have sold very many and will likely be one of the hardest to find in the future.

Keep watching The Site That Shall Not Be Named and you should be able to pick up those first 4 at somewhat reasonable prices.

DreamFinder1983

Appears you are missing the first 4 released Jan, Feb, & March of this year. They were:

Journey of Water (Jan)
Soarin (Feb)
Living Seas (March)
The Land (March)

FYI - Harmonious released last month. Hopefully you got it as there are likely not going to be very many copies floating around. Illuminations is live on sale now... ending at the end of month.

Looks like you've got the others covered... good that you have Wonders of Life as that one does not appear to have sold very many and will likely be one of the hardest to find in the future.

Keep watching The Site That Shall Not Be Named and you should be able to pick up those first 4 at somewhat reasonable prices.

Thanks for letting me know the missing ones! And there I was scared I missed “Kitchen Kabaret” or something… strange it wouldn’t have been released alongside “Soarin’ Around the World”. Though, I also thought that not releasing “Universe of Energy” alongside the Guardians one was a mistake too. Eh, anyway! Regarding Harmonious and IllumiNations, the only reason I wrote “coming soon” on my list was because I’ve purchased both, they’re just still processing/not in my hands as of yet.

I assume you’re referring to the infamous “eGouge Disney Fans” website for the missing ones. I was hoping somebody here might’ve had or knew where extras of those first few could be acquired. At least I know for sure which ones I’m missing now!

I’ve found a listing for the Moana one that isn’t too atrocious, so hopefully that’ll work out… finding Soarin’, Land, and Seas may prove a bit tough. I can only find very expensive first run LE ones of those, and not the 24x36 prints…

trainplane3

Thanks for letting me know the missing ones! And there I was scared I missed “Kitchen Kabaret” or something… strange it wouldn’t have been released alongside “Soarin’ Around the World”. Though, I also thought that not releasing “Universe of Energy” alongside the Guardians one was a mistake too. Eh, anyway! Regarding Harmonious and IllumiNations, the only reason I wrote “coming soon” on my list was because I’ve purchased both, they’re just still processing/not in my hands as of yet.

I assume you’re referring to the infamous “eGouge Disney Fans” website for the missing ones. I was hoping somebody here might’ve had or knew where extras of those first few could be acquired. At least I know for sure which ones I’m missing now!

I’ve found a listing for the Moana one that isn’t too atrocious, so hopefully that’ll work out… finding Soarin’, Land, and Seas may prove a bit tough. I can only find very expensive first run LE ones of those, and not the 24x36 prints…
Early on in the 2021 series, you could see scalpers buy them with the expectation they'd be valuable after a month of owning them. What they didn't realize, is for 2021 the people buying them are the ones that actually want them so the reseller market for them isn't very large. As it's gone on the resellers for the series have dried up.

The 2020 series had the whole hype thing going behind it. Everyone knew how many were made so that made resellers much more active since they could sell it as "limited" and "hard to find".

As funny as it may seem, 2020 will probably be easier to find then 2021. Well. Unless you're @CaptainAmerica...still diving for that 2020 Living Seas...

DreamFinder1983

Early on in the 2021 series, you could see scalpers buy them with the expectation they'd be valuable after a month of owning them. What they didn't realize, is for 2021 the people buying them are the ones that actually want them so the reseller market for them isn't very large. As it's gone on the resellers for the series have dried up.

The 2020 series had the whole hype thing going behind it. Everyone knew how many were made so that made resellers much more active since they could sell it as "limited" and "hard to find".

As funny as it may seem, 2020 will probably be easier to find then 2021. Well. Unless you're @CaptainAmerica...still diving for that 2020 Living Seas...

Wow! Haha… thanks for that bit of insight. So, I take it that it may prove to be a bit of a challenge to complete my set trying to find the early ones. Unless you think out of all the ones I could be missing, because of the optics of this scenario as you describe, missing the earliest ones has better chances to finding them than later ones once scalpers caught on?

Anyway. I guess my question for those of you who jumped on the 2020 series… how in the heck did y’all frame them? They don’t make frames in that awkward as heck size really at all to my knowledge, so when they tinkered with the sizing to not only make them bigger but with a black paper to help hide the edges even more with a size that fit a standard poster sizing of frame, I knew it was something to jump on at that point because I wasn’t about to get frames custom made for all those 18x27 ones… I have three posters from the Walt Disney Studios presentation of the D23 Expo in 2019 that are that awkward size as well and unless I get an expensive custom frame job done or scour the four corners of the earth online apparently, I’ll never find frames for those. So… what have you guys done to frame them??

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
sad-walk.gif

I will GLADLY pay over $1,000 for a LS/Nemo pair.

Wow! Haha… thanks for that bit of insight. So, I take it that it may prove to be a bit of a challenge to complete my set trying to find the early ones. Unless you think out of all the ones I could be missing, because of the optics of this scenario as you describe, missing the earliest ones has better chances to finding them than later ones once scalpers caught on?

Anyway. I guess my question for those of you who jumped on the 2020 series… how in the heck did y’all frame them? They don’t make frames in that awkward as heck size really at all to my knowledge, so when they tinkered with the sizing to not only make them bigger but with a black paper to help hide the edges even more with a size that fit a standard poster sizing of frame, I knew it was something to jump on at that point because I wasn’t about to get frames custom made for all those 18x27 ones… I have three posters from the Walt Disney Studios presentation of the D23 Expo in 2019 that are that awkward size as well and unless I get an expensive custom frame job done or scour the four corners of the earth online apparently, I’ll never find frames for those. So… what have you guys done to frame them??
Pay for custom framing or keep them in a portfolio, those are pretty much your only options.

trainplane3

You may but I haven't kept track recently. I've seen Moana 24x36 for around $100. I think there was a Soarin' too. I know there was a few Guardians too but once World Showcase came around, it's like it all screeched to a stop.

And agreed with the above. Custom framing or portfolio like so:
rfCy471.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom