D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

trainplane3

I decided to start flattening my Living Seas poster finally. Mainly because it's the oldest one and will take the longest. So for people that only have the original ones and are curious about the size jump from 27x18 to 36x24 and can't picture it like me....
c6yGnL7.jpg

And for comparison against the Cedar Point posters:
LCGiFKc.jpg

If you couldn't realize how massive they are, you do now. The $100 price doesn't look so bad now does it? I'll do a comparison with the new Soarin' vs the 2020 version when that arrives (hopefully shipping within 3ish weeks). And hopefully my portfolio will be here by then. There's an insane number tubes and I need to get rid of them.

Going off of what I found in SD, looks like we'll be seeing World Discovery next. They buried things a bit more this year but still not good enough for someone that has way too much time on their hands (still manually digging through things, no bot).

trainplane3

Which portfolio did you order? Thinking I need to do the same, soon.
I went for this one: https://www.baroqueportfolios.com/collections/all/products/movie-poster-storage-portfolio
By the time I get it, it'll be almost 2 months behind schedule because of the world. I also picked up the 24x36 pack of sleeves too.
You can put two of the original serigraphs on each side as shown here:

They're the one that gave me the idea back in December.

So many good choices in World Discovery it has most of the designs that I am after. Interested to see what they pick.
If you'd have to pick 4, which ones would you like to see as serigraphs?

Surferboy567

If you'd have to pick 4, which ones would you like to see as serigraphs?
Actually a hard choice but here are my picks in no particular order:

- Wonders of Life
- Test Track
- Mission Space
- Guardians

I don’t really have a connection to Horizons or World of Motion. I do like the artwork though, not as much as the above designs though.

trainplane3

All I wanted to know. Bummer about no number but I guess that keeps the door open to release more if the demand is there (wishful thinking, let me dream), just glad it isn't a blank tube.
It definitely does. This run is definitely concentrated on the one's that had large demand but with a slight focus on future attractions. I think people will be very happy with what's coming.

PXL_20210308_181916654.jpg

Mesa Azul

I went for this one: https://www.baroqueportfolios.com/collections/all/products/movie-poster-storage-portfolio
By the time I get it, it'll be almost 2 months behind schedule because of the world. I also picked up the 24x36 pack of sleeves too.
Very cool. I’m trying to figure out where/how to store this portfolio, now. That’s huge, but I could probably store it behind something when not in use. Definitely easier than a clutch of posters in tubes. I am out of wall space but would like to rotate every few months. This would be ideal. Safe storage while they’re not in a frame.

trainplane3

Very cool. I’m trying to figure out where/how to store this portfolio, now. That’s huge, but I could probably store it behind something when not in use. Definitely easier than a clutch of posters in tubes. I am out of wall space but would like to rotate every few months. This would be ideal. Safe storage while they’re not in a frame.
Under the bed is the best spot. Not sure about standing it up for storage, laying down would probably be the best to prevent any sort of flexing.

Surferboy567

Michaels thanks to a tip by someone here in this thread. Part of a BOGO looks like this in original packaging.

View attachment 529415

EDIT: I took the mat out of the frame and used the one that came with the print.
Went to Michael’s and grabbed two more of these exact frames for World Discovery. If that ends up being the next neighborhood. They are running a BOGO deal again if anyone cares. They are a great size for lithos.

RSoxNo1

I'm now tasked with the tough decision of where to put these.

Are we assuming that the classic Spaceship Earth print is also coming when they do World Celebration?

RSoxNo1

Ah, when you said classic I assumed the other one since it's based off the old Epcot Center art.

I'll assume that one's fair game. Sadly, even if I knew that wave I wouldn't be able to say.
Sorry, the photo I posted wasn't the one I was looking for. I swear I saw one that didn't say "Our Shared Story".

Edit: It looks the photo that was released in the first round was the same poster w/o "Our Shared Story"

trainplane3

Sorry, the photo I posted wasn't the one I was looking for. I swear I saw one that didn't say "Our Shared Story".

Edit: It looks the photo that was released in the first round was the same poster w/o "Our Shared Story"
Oh yes that was a thing I totally forgot happened. Never asked why it did. Might be something to follow up on in the future.

thunderclap8

Mine goes under the bed well, I'm really happy with it. It's not a cheap investment but considering what these prints cost it's worth the peace of mind to keep them in good shape.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom