D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

SoFloMagic

That's definitely Dave Perillo's art. I haven't seen the Horizons one before though! He usually releases four new prints every year at Epcot's festival of the arts. They're not limited edition, but do go in and out of stock.
Yep. He announced the horizons one and three others are launching 1/8 for festival of the arts.

begood524

Are anyone else's single posters taking an exceedingly long time to arrive? I had one that was scheduled to arrive Saturday and it still has not

ImperfectPixie

Are anyone else's single posters taking an exceedingly long time to arrive? I had one that was scheduled to arrive Saturday and it still has not
Shipping is an absolute poop-show across the country. I have items that I sold on the 11th of December that were shipped priority mail (supposed to be guaranteed 1-4 days) that still haven't arrived at their destination yet.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
It's awful. I've even made a point of handing my packages to the postal workers and getting them scanned into the system so I have a receipt.
I hear ya. I used UPS this time around (paid a fortune) hoping it would be a bit better, but not really the case. At least its insured (It's an expensive shipment of about $1,200 of goods) so feel better about that.

trainplane3

TT came today so that means I'm done. With the exception of SSE, RoE, and MC, it's all done for me. Those can be picked up later when the market hopefully becomes more realistic.

bcrZ1G0.jpg

DreamfinderGuy

I have a single Play arriving tomorrow that I ordered for a friend, and said friend also has a Wonders of Life arriving tomorrow. They definitely haven't all arrived yet, so I wouldn't sweat a delay.

For the November drop I had a few single poster orders and they definitely shipped last and they also took their time. It was almost Thanksgiving by the time I received them here on the southern end of the East Coast. I'd chalk your added delay to the crazy holiday shipping rush which is peaking now.

trainplane3

Note that there are now a maximum of 299 Play! posters out there. I got one today in a totally crushed mailing tube. It looks like someone ran over it with a truck. No tire tracks, though. 🤣
Contact Cyclopsworks immediately. Don't waste your time with ShopDisney unless Cyclops can't help.

trainplane3

Anyone else surprised at how the Wonders poster came out a bit darker in the red's? Its more of a magenta than a bright red like the pictures?

D23 Picture:

.View attachment 520224

My Copy:
View attachment 520225
Different material that's being printed on, printing method, and lighting between the two. Even the raw images are somewhere between those two, with it being slightly pink.

And since these being serigraphs means they have to layer the colors and with that, they have to layer the colors in a way to make sure they're as close as possible. Take a look at the WoM poster. Notice how there's a outline around the orange? Side effect of a serigraph. Who knows, if they printed this like a normal poster it could've been brighter?

begood524

Different material that's being printed on, printing method, and lighting between the two. Even the raw images are somewhere between those two, with it being slightly pink.

And since these being serigraphs means they have to layer the colors and with that, they have to layer the colors in a way to make sure they're as close as possible. Take a look at the WoM poster. Notice how there's a outline around the orange? Side effect of a serigraph. Who knows, if they printed this like a normal poster it could've been brighter?
To me that's one of the most exciting parts about seeing these in person for the first time: there's always at least one color on the print that is so much more vibrant or deep than what a camera or computer screen can pick up!

trainplane3

I'm wondering the same thing. How likely is a re-issue at the Festival of the Arts?
I've heard nothing but to roughly quote Martin, "don't take my word as gospel". From what I understand is they liked how quickly this stuff sold on SD when compared to being parks exclusive and would continue SD releases in the future or possibly a split release (half or quarter going to the parks, rest online, depending on the run size).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom