D23 attraction announcements - let's hear your predictions

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It is almost here. 3:30pm Pacific time today, there is the 1 hour slot for the parks division to present its latest and greatest. If anything is to be announced this is where it will happen.

So let's hear your predictions. No debating in this thread, let's just hear what you think what will be announced, or perhaps your vote of nothing being announced.

switts

I would love to see them actually put Wall-e into the parks i know it probably won't happen but it would be pretty kool to see him get a new dark ride, plus no one would expect that to happen

RandySavage

SHANGHAI: Vague overview with discussion focusing on Castle features (as recently reported in Shanghai Daily). A couple slides of artwork.

DL: Heavy focus on what we know - Carsland & Buenavista St. Nothing about hoped-for addtions to Frontierland or TL.

DLP: 50/50 mention of Ratatouille.

TOKYO: Some slides of Toy Story Mania and the newly opened Carpets.

HONG KONG: Some art & progress report on the expansion there.

WDW: Focus on the FLE. Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom.

OTHER: Aulani.

My expectations are very low for anything exciting that we don't already know about. From experience, I've learned that if something cool is in the works, it breaks on the 'net a long time before there's an official announcement.

Of course, I hope I'm dead wrong and lots of big surprises are announced... but, realistically, I'd bet against it.

WeLComeHomE OKW

My (ever hopeful) predictions (only for WDW):

A new attraction for Imagination Pavilion

Announcing the Monsters Inc Family Coast to replace the studio 1 space in Disney's Hollywood Studios

And, finally, a smaller scale world of color clone for either Disney's Hollywood studios or Downtown Disney

Scuttle

I have a feeling something big could be announced. They have to respond to Universal. I think they are going to announce an AK expansion. I know Lee said that Iger being in town 2 times in one month didn't mean anything, but it's to hard for me to believe nothing is going on. It doesn't make sense. Obviously I am being optimistic, but I just have a feeling something has to be announced.

NoChesterHester

The Parks and Resorts space on the convention floor is all about FLE. Pretty well covered. I don't expect Staggs to double up on stuff we have already seen.

MK: New Parade Announcement
HS: Fantasmic Refurb Announcement

DL: Frontierland Redo

I'd be floored if it were anything else. Happily floored.

switts

I have a feeling something big could be announced. They have to respond to Universal. I think they are going to announce an AK expansion. I know Lee said that Iger being in town 2 times in one month didn't mean anything, but it's to hard for me to believe nothing is going on. It doesn't make sense. Obviously I am being optimistic, but I just have a feeling something has to be announced.

AK would be nice too. I would really like to spend more than only about 1 day per trip there. It just doesn't have that wow factor to keep going back more than once a trip

drew81

-MISICI changing into new street party
-WDW Fantasmic getting major redo(new effects, new scenes etc)
-New day parade coming to Magic Kingdom

Okay this is wishful thinking-

-Miss Bianca and Bernard are coming back out of retirement for meet n greets
-Lagoona and Ice Gator return with new looks
-New animal exhibits at Animal Kingdom(Snow Leopards, Red Pandas, Orangutans)

RadioHead

People should REALLY keep there expectations on minimum.

Your really setting yourself up for disappointment in that case if your expecting something HUGE. More than likely we'll simply get some further details on the FL Expansion, and that's it (for the World). Sorry guys, but I don't want you guys to get all upset when most of you are expecting a ferrari, and will wind up getting a toyota.

dX927

I would love to see them actually put Wall-e into the parks i know it probably won't happen but it would be pretty kool to see him get a new dark ride, plus no one would expect that to happen

Wall-E is on the blueprint but will only be built once Walls-A through D are completed

RadioHead

I thought Disney was in the "I really don't care about what Univeral did with harry potter" boat. Highly doubt they'll MAKE A MOVE just because of a nearly 1 year old expansion.

switts

People should REALLY keep there expectations on minimum.

Your really setting yourself up for disappointment in that case if your expecting something HUGE. More than likely we'll simply get some further details on the FL Expansion, and that's it (for the World). Sorry guys, but I don't want you guys to get all upset when most of you are expecting a ferrari, and will wind up getting a toyota.

maybe its a convertible toyota :D

Wall-E is on the blueprint but will only be built once Walls-A through D are completed

hahaha good one i like that

RadioHead

Funnay-Youre_Not.jpg

They have a one hour presentation. With all of their parks and resorts, doesn't leave a lot of time to touch on each of them. Based on this, I am saying we know about everything that will be "announced", and the rest will be updated art/models of already known projects.

Scuttle

I thought Disney was in the "I really don't care about what Univeral did with harry potter" boat. Highly doubt they'll MAKE A MOVE just because of a nearly 1 year old expansion.

Really? How could you believe that? Maybe nothing huge will be announced today, but I assure you they will have a response to potter. How can you ignore that your biggest competitor that is 10 miles away has broken attendance and revenue records at the resort while WDW has stayed the same essentially?

BrittanyRose428

I was thinking the same thing pretty much, either that or I'm just really hopeful for something big to happen in AK as well.

fbp

My board-educated guesses for WDW:

Test Track refurb
Fantasmic refurb
A bunch of Fantasyland talk

An hour for all of the Parks? That's not much time. I guess it'll likely be US focused, because the expo is in the US?

Did they announce/discuss anything WDW related outside of the allotted parks hour at the last D23 expo?

RadioHead

Really? How could you believe that? Maybe nothing huge will be announced today, but I assure you they will have a response to potter. How can you ignore that your biggest competitor that is 10 miles away has broken attendance and revenue records at the resort while WDW has stayed the same essentially?

Well of course they would break attendance, and revenue records. I'm sure that was a given on day one? That said, I'm sure Disney is curious how the next years will shape for Universal. Personally, I think there attendance, and revenue will slightly dip next year, and more so the following years. The books are done, and so are the films. Not saying that the Harry Potter lore will be dead, it's as timeless as StarWars, or Indiana Jones if you ask me.

But I seriously doubt that in the next 6 years it'll leave any speck of the impact it left on day 1. Disney is obviously unconcerned, and in the LONG RUN, I'd say they'd probably (I'm guessing here considering I don't own a crystal ball) be near the "correct" column.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom