Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

TTA94

Original Poster
Beyond Tropical Americas and Tree of Life, there is a rumored additional attraction, believed to either be in Pandora or Africa. If people know more than that, they don’t seem to be at liberty to say.

Some may disagree but I think Pandora definitely needs a 3rd attraction, or replace NRJ with a better water/boat attraction, similar or a clone of what they seem to have planned for Disneyland.

James Alucobond

Some may disagree but I think Pandora definitely needs a 3rd attraction, or replace NRJ with a better water/boat attraction, similar or a clone of what they seem to have planned for Disneyland.
NRJ should just be plussed with a few simple, limited-motion animatronics that reiterate some of the on-screen animals (like the viperwolves, for instance) in more restful positions nearer the ride vehicle. A hypothetical new attraction should not replace NRJ.

doctornick

Pandora needs a third attraction. The land is too detached from the rest of the park to not have "more to do" especially with the long waits that FoP garners

TTA94

Original Poster
Pandora needs a third attraction. The land is too detached from the rest of the park to not have "more to do" especially with the long waits that FoP garners

I agree. NRJ does not cut it. There needs to be two major attractions in the land, FoP and something else.

doctornick

tbh I don’t think they would announce anything else for DAK until Tropical Americas is completed.

While I don't necessarily disagree, I think that would be disappointing. IMHO they should be adding an additional attraction to Pandora or Africa (or both!) first and then close Dinoland for Tropical Americas. But it seems that they are going to attack Dinoland first.

Surferboy567

Alicia Stella doesn’t think we get the Pandora boat ride at Disneyland. Unclear if this is her speaking or it’s actual rumor seems to me it’s the former. If true, that’s disappointing to me though we may get this Lion King ride after all so maybe it balances out? Way of Water is so perfect though it should also go into our Pandora.

peng

Alicia Stella doesn’t think we get the Pandora boat ride at Disneyland. Unclear if this is her speaking or it’s actual rumor seems to me it’s the former. If true, that’s disappointing to me though we may get this Lion King ride after all so maybe it balances out? Way of Water is so perfect though it should also go into our Pandora.
Alicia is rather trustworthy on stuff like this, so I'd believe her on that. Feel like its still a bit too early, also of note is that she didn't think it would replace the Hollywood pictures backlot (instead going somewhere near critter country). Also of note, the RSR/Woody rumor were leakerbait (Coco makes more sense for MK anyways, a transition between that and BTM would make more sense cohesively than RSR with no radiator springs) and there may be early stuff for another crack at a Spaceship Earth redo and one of the pitches for new tomorrowland was an animatronic show at the tomorrowland Magic Eye theater.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Alicia is rather trustworthy on stuff like this

She gets out ahead of herself at times, even for Universal. When Uni changes their plans, it sometimes catches her off guard that her sources don't update themselves in a timely manner. So, yes, she has a lot of good info, but not all of it comes to fruition.

For WDW, she had TBA shrinking guests for a while before she had to say that wasn't happening.

peng

She gets out ahead of herself at times, even for Universal. When Uni changes their plans, it sometimes catches her off guard that her sources don't update themselves in a timely manner. So, yes, she has a lot of good info, but not all of it comes to fruition.

For WDW, she had TBA shrinking guests for a while before she had to say that wasn't happening.
Most of her scoops come from getting permits and interpreting them with what she hears from her sources, so she does get stuff wrong, but she's usually pretty accurate. Most of the stuff she makes is centered on universal, so maybe some of what she says isn't accurate. Also linking said podcast, most of it is disneyland centered, last quarter of it is focused on WDW stuff, and a lot of it is her and her cohost speculating on rumors that have been said here and elsewhere, still a good listen nonetheless

Gusey

To clarify, she doesn't think Animal Kingdom will get the Pandora boat ride, not Disneyland

TTA94

Original Poster
Based on past D23s, I predict 20% of what they announce, won't actually happen.

Sad part is whatever new lands and attractions they announce we won’t see it for another 5 years or so at the speed they build things.

This does nothing for 2025 when Epic Universe opens. There was a brief discussion on one of the other threads that entertainment Might be the focus for 2025 since nothing else could possibly be built in time. Maybe with the exception of TT or another small refurb.

strictfoo

Sad part is whatever new lands and attractions they announce we won’t see it for another 5 years or so at the speed they build things.

This does nothing for 2025 when Epic Universe opens.

Yeah, we're eyeing a trip back to WDW in 2026 (last there in Fall of 2022), but that may get bumped back to 2027 which will hopefully give time for some new things to show up, but I guess we'll see. Still planning for Universal in Fall of 2025.

Last edited:

BrianLo

Is Disney Adventure World (Disneyland Resort) and Disney Adventure World (Walt Disney World) far behind?

No. WDSP had a poor reputation and needed a rebrand / relaunch. DHS is incredibly (possibly too) well received these days.

None of the American parks really need a relaunch anymore and hopefully never well. They can prevent that by making steady investments.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom