Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

wedenterprises

Just my gut...

AK - I believe they will show the model for Dinoland redo - but we know not all models get built - i.e. Epcot
AK - Tough to be a bug - going to Zootopia - more details

Epcot - at best maybe some more info on what is happening at TT

DHS - Nothing, maybe blue sky for Animation area - but I am thinking that will be done much later after AK and MK are done.

MK - I don't think we get a locked expansion above BTMRR. To me the IP is still too much in flux still.
MK - AL expansion - I think they share the fact they are looking at the expansion, but I don't think they share art.

So I think many will be disappointed, but I could be wrong.
I also think you will get at least one more Cruise announcement - port or ship. Also, gut says you will get wind of another DVC expansion.
You make a good point about a model actually. Typically in the WDI "booth" they have a focus on a big ride/land/park. I'm not sure what else they have planned which would work here aside from Dinoland. This is a decent prediction I think.

Someone mentioned drones. I don't think they will be part of D23 at all (at least for WDW). The DS drone show will be a bit of a testing ground before drones are eventually added to one of the existing shows. Just IMO.

DisneyDodo

Well, they've announced this...

1712924948896.png

It's the catch-all of catch-alls! Just the thing for a second or third gate that used to be more about California/Moviemaking.

Is Disney Adventure World (Disneyland Resort) and Disney Adventure World (Walt Disney World) far behind?
So DLP will have two theme parks: one called Adventure World and one featuring Adventureland

zipadee999

Haunted mansion hasn’t had a full fledged refurb since 2007, but to your point I’m not sure if it needs it? My only qualm would be putting the hatbox ghost in a better spot, but that’s unlikely to happen at least anytime soon
I mean it’s not entirely impossible. They reverted the cave scene on pirates back to its former self when they got rid of the mermaids and the Davy Jones mist.

Sectorkeeper71

I mean it’s not entirely impossible. They reverted the cave scene on pirates back to its former self when they got rid of the mermaids and the Davy Jones mist.
I think it’ll take time for them to do so if it ever happens.

And honestly, so many rides need TLC before mansion gets some; buzz, Peter Pan, carousel of progress, and thunder mountain off the top of my head

TTA94

Original Poster
I would love for a small announcement of them bringing back Fountain of Nations, though might have to be in smaller form. Or put fountains in the World Showcase bridge water area, which once upon a time it was in the concept art when the Epcot redo was first announced.

strictfoo

I'm really hoping for an update on the Pirates restaurant they announced last year. Seems like it would be a pretty good time, but there's been nothing about it since shortly after D23 2023 and this tiktok video, unless I've missed it?

doctornick

I'm really hoping for an update on the Pirates restaurant they announced last year. Seems like it would be a pretty good time, but there's been nothing about it since shortly after D23 2023 and this tiktok video, unless I've missed it?

It is planned to be a smaller lounge, not a restaurant. I would expect drinks and some snacks but not substantial meals.

flyerjab

Interesting. Still really interested in going to it. Hopefully they put some Oga's level effort into it, but I guess we'll see.
I actually like this comparison. The animatronic bird will be similar to the droid in Oga’s. Still curious as to where it is going and how much room they have to work with.

doctornick

I actually like this comparison. The animatronic bird will be similar to the droid in Oga’s. Still curious as to where it is going and how much room they have to work with.
It’s going into the previous Pirates League space. I’d be curious as to what we would be looking at regarding square footage if anyone knows.

Oga's probably is a good comparison though (or maybe Trader Sam’s) and something like that would be a nice addition

TTA94

Original Poster
I noticed some think Avatar at DAK might get a 3rd attraction. I assumed the Avatar news we heard was only for Disneyland?

FigmentJedi

Beyond Tropical Americas and Tree of Life, there is a rumored additional attraction, believed to either be in Pandora or Africa. If people know more than that, they don’t seem to be at liberty to say.
Given the rumors that Adventure World is getting a Lion King ride on the rejected Galaxy's Edge slot, I can see them bringing that to Animal Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom